umm... usa vs the world

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:53 am
So if you guys didn't know, anris is participating in the 2009 european's world championships... last year he did GREAT! we saw that he developed a baby hook... saw a post move or two... and he dominated the stat sheets.... this year i hope we see a lot more improvement... they just played against russia and lost by double digits... he didnt do too well in terms of numbers... i think its 8 point and 6 rebounds or something like that... here's the box score...



http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/Eur ... US_LAT.asp

GOOD LUCK BEANS
Last edited by 8th ave on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 144
» Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:09 pm
Turiaf did a lot better against Germany:

15 points, 14 rebounds and 3 blocks, well done :)
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:43 pm
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:00 pm
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


lol.. i meant european BASKETBALL championship
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:58 pm
really wish he would just rest. he looked really worn down to me by midway through the season.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:02 pm
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 258
» Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:45 pm
14 rbs for Turiaf!

Well done, I'm guessing career high.

Btw the next game should be a "hum dinger" as our centres do battle. Latvia v France.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:48 pm
I think this season it's time for him to step up big time. You came into the league young, you were really really skinny, getting used to the pace of the Pro level. no more excuses, it's time to do some damage.

I know, I know. he avg a double double. I say BS though. On a team where he is pretty much the only rebounder, and on a team that get's as many possessions per game as the warriors, he should be at like 15-15 (these are inflated stats remember). he works hard there's no denying that, but last year, he missed some real easy baskets, And I felt like every part of his game just took a step back.

this year, I want to see a free throw shot from a person that looks like they are being paid millions and millions of dollars to play basketball. there's no excuse for a shot that bad after being a PRO for half a decade.

The two big things that have been keeping his game down - 1) he only goes left, 2) he can't shoot. time to get rid of at least one of those by the end of the season.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:16 am
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:


but that's because we are better than the rest of the world
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:00 am
first off wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:


but that's because we are better than the rest of the world


It's true though. Outside of Soccer, us > world.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:15 am
first off wrote:I think this season it's time for him to step up big time. You came into the league young, you were really really skinny, getting used to the pace of the Pro level. no more excuses, it's time to do some damage.

I know, I know. he avg a double double. I say BS though. On a team where he is pretty much the only rebounder, and on a team that get's as many possessions per game as the warriors, he should be at like 15-15 (these are inflated stats remember). he works hard there's no denying that, but last year, he missed some real easy baskets, And I felt like every part of his game just took a step back.

this year, I want to see a free throw shot from a person that looks like they are being paid millions and millions of dollars to play basketball. there's no excuse for a shot that bad after being a PRO for half a decade.

The two big things that have been keeping his game down - 1) he only goes left, 2) he can't shoot. time to get rid of at least one of those by the end of the season.


Another thing that hurts Andris is being called for BS fouls. He gets taken off the floor a lot for clean blocks.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 39
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:41 am
Beast Mode wrote:
first off wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:


but that's because we are better than the rest of the world


It's true though. Outside of Soccer, us > world.


and sumo, karate, taekwondo, kung-fu...

Rookie
Posts: 28
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:21 pm
LAT 51:60 FRA. Low scoring, defensive game.
Biedrins 6+20, 4 fouls in 36 minutes
Turiaf 0+5, 3 fouls in 12 minutes
Kaspars Kambala (LAT) outplayed Ronny. Turiaf couldn't get his shot going while Biedrins were guarding him. Andris had a bad offensive game (except one nice reverse dunk with a foul (of course he didn't make the free throw)), FG: 3-10 and FT: 0-3.

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/Eur ... AT_FRA.asp

p.s. You guys are arrogant..
:? :|

Rookie
Posts: 1
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:14 pm
Biedrins was monster inside tonight but second game in a row luck wasn't on ore side :( this was our game but...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests