Nba fantasy 2009/10 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:38 am
I'll do it too... though I have no idea how this thing works...

:bday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:09 am
I'm in if there is still more space.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:54 am
please tell me there's room for one more
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:09 pm
uiiii...don't forget about me

H2H for me....

doesn't care Online or offline draft.....

Just Win..Babe
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:32 pm
ok migya.. time to close off these league.. im guessing we got 12 players.

we can always operate a 2nd fantasy hoops league.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:35 pm
Bigs also joined, but he did it in the announcement post.

So, with that, we already have the following members:

Migya
TMC
Bigs
Pawno
XBay
Jackattack
Mr. Crackerz
Aussibeans
E-Man
The Bodyguard
8th Ave
GSW

That's 12 members, and I agree it's enough with that.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:56 pm
3rd place finisher of last seasons h2h league is missing. He is pissed. Really.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:06 pm
The "Let Fine play" movement

i think maybe we should first see who played in last years league if they want to play... and then add any of the newbies to fill up the remaining spots. Like no offense, but because there are so many of us, and more to come later, i think people who played in last years league should have first dibs and create another league for the new challengers.

then the top 6 for each league can be on the same league next year (sort of like 1st division and 2nd division)

Thoughts?

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:00 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:The "Let Fine play" movement

i think maybe we should first see who played in last years league if they want to play... and then add any of the newbies to fill up the remaining spots. Like no offense, but because there are so many of us, and more to come later, i think people who played in last years league should have first dibs and create another league for the new challengers.

then the top 6 for each league can be on the same league next year (sort of like 1st division and 2nd division)

Thoughts?

I realize I could just start a 2nd league, but I was looking forward to getting some revenge and playing with some familiar names. I know that some of you peeps wouldn't want to join another league, thus leaving my thirst unquenched.

I don't want to ruffle any feathers over a fantasy game. However, I do like Crackerz two division idea (mostly because it would give me a spot), but I can see how some would be indifferent or annoyed by it. Let it be known that if there is any trouble finding enough bodies to fill up a potential 2nd division league, I'd be happy to pull double duty and join that one too.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:55 pm
How about we have a international league and a domestic league. The great rivalries of Tmc. Bigs & migya would be maintained and certainly mr C n any newbies like jackattack could develop there rivalries. Just so you all know i'll be evoking my african-american heritage and enter the domestic league.. . . . I know Bigs n Tmc, you'd all love to beat me but i feel with the board not knowing that i'm a black man trapped inside the body of a 26 yr old white virgin . . . It's time i be proud of hiphop culture and express myself with all my bay area homies

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:10 pm
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:How about we have a international league and a domestic league. The great rivalries of Tmc. Bigs & migya would be maintained and certainly mr C n any newbies like jackattack could develop there rivalries. Just so you all know i'll be evoking my african-american heritage and enter the domestic league.. . . . I know Bigs n Tmc, you'd all love to beat me but i feel with the board not knowing that i'm a black man trapped inside the body of a 26 yr old white virgin . . . It's time i be proud of hiphop culture and express myself with all my bay area homies

I think there would be too much of an imbalance between domestic and international members.

Would it be possible to split it up into divisions, maybe similar to the set-up in Crackerz' fantasy football league? Maybe 3 groups of four, or 4 groups of four, or even 2 groups of seven? Is that an option in fantasy basketball Crackerz?

I don't think a big league (14 or even 16 teams) is necessarily a bad thing. It means people need to pay more attention to the games, and keep an active eye on the free agent list during the season. I think it would increase the likelihood of having a really competitive league. If people are concerned about having too many scrubs on their rosters, maybe cut down the number of players each team drafts.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:15 pm
Well, you look at h2h this way... you have a starting five(center, power/small forwards, shooting/point guards), a guard, a forward, and 2-3 utility positions. So we have about 10 positions to fill, plus a bench composed of about 6 players.

That's 16 rounds. If you want 14 players, I suggest we start organizing the draft date to be around late-September, early-October.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:08 am
First, AlwaysNext and BeastMode posted in the announcement thread that they want to join, if possible. And with fine and aaustria, who I didn't count before, we'd have 16 members willing to join.

So we need another member to have an even number of participants. And that would make 16 of us. That's a pretty big league, bit may work, although there won't be much help on the free agent pool and injuries to key guys can really sink a season.

Still, I do like Mr. Crackerz's idea of having two divisions. With 16 members, we can have two separate leagues, a division one and two, composed of 8 members each, and the top two of division two can compete in division one next year and the bottom two of that one would be relegated to the second division for the next season.

xbay wrote:That's 16 rounds. If you want 14 players, I suggest we start organizing the draft date to be around late-September, early-October.

I was thinking about starting the draft by next week, if possible. It's gonna be a looooong draft, and the rosters are almost set, so the sooner, the better.

Still, if we have two divisions, we'd have two separate drafts that would be shorter, so time wouldn't be a pressing matter in that case.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:29 am
Barney is a dinosaur. And this long post never existed.
Last edited by f1n3 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:45 pm
fine wrote:Kick me if im out of place for suggesting this but getting over 14 teams in a league makes for a bit of a clusterfuck, and anything below 10 takes a lot of the skill out. How is this:

Say we take all the returning members from last year's league, which would be 10 so far, and then add in two 'wildcards'. That will make up this year's "World" league.

The "American" league, could be the rest of the field. Hopefully, we can get atleast 10 new guys. (can only include players from the "World" league if needs more men). the top 6 finishers get an automatic invite into the next "World" league. If for some reason finisher #3 doesn't return next year, #7 gets the invite etc. etc. etc.

-Maybe this league will differentiate from the "World" league by having a live on-line draft.

This would mean that in order to stay in the "World" league, you have to make the playoffs or be in the top 6 of returning players... Pretty cuthroat!

Basically, I pasted together Crackerz and Pawno's ideas. With a sprinkling of TMC's blessings, and a bit of Aussie below

-------------------------

AND THEN, if we get all that sorted out, we should start a "MELTING POT" league that will take as many players as humanly possible. Maybe this league could try out some more experimental scoring systems or team set-ups. This could be a place for rivalries to play out if you end up in different leagues.

hey guys, looks like the league is filling up....you can scratch me. Thanks!
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum