San Diego State

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:59 am
Captain_Jack wrote:
bada wrote:Congrats Capt. Awesome you dont have to work and a big congrats to the Aztecs!

You visiting friends in Seattle? What part/where are you staying? Any specific plans for things you are going to do? Been there before?

I'm going to see the guy I'm dating. I think he lives actually in Seattle, not going to lie I never asked him specifically where he lives. But I'll also go see my brother who lives in Kirkland. I've been there twice before with my family to see my brother and done all the tourist stuff (Space Needle, etc.). I'm looking forward to going this time without my parents so I can just do normal people stuff =).

Youuuuss a hooooeeeee....hoe!

Just playin. Im bored. Dont hate me.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:13 am
Beast Mode wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
bada wrote:Congrats Capt. Awesome you dont have to work and a big congrats to the Aztecs!

You visiting friends in Seattle? What part/where are you staying? Any specific plans for things you are going to do? Been there before?

I'm going to see the guy I'm dating. I think he lives actually in Seattle, not going to lie I never asked him specifically where he lives. But I'll also go see my brother who lives in Kirkland. I've been there twice before with my family to see my brother and done all the tourist stuff (Space Needle, etc.). I'm looking forward to going this time without my parents so I can just do normal people stuff =).

Ha ha nah it's not like that. I know him from down here in San Diego, he went to school here originally and has been down here for the last three months, it's not like I met him on the internet or anything and I'm flying up to see him :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:20 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

Is it the guy who plays for the Hawks?

Ha ha nah it's not like that. I know him from down here in San Diego, he went to school here originally and has been down here for the last three months, it's not like I met him on the internet or anything and I'm flying up to see him :mrgreen:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:27 pm
SDSU is on now on ESPN 2 against Baylor... Semi NIT game... for anyone interested.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:08 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:SDSU is on now on ESPN 2 against Baylor... Semi NIT game... for anyone interested.

its been so long since the last game..I forgot all about it.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:47 pm
=(...sad SDSU played really badly and Jerrells was on fire. Oh well, the people I nanny for were on TV though!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:22 am
Someone tell me more about this Stephen Strasburg fella. Apparently, the Nationals will take him with the first pick in the MLB draft. He throws a 103 mph fastball and had a 17 K no-no to end the season. Anyone else know more about this kid?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:29 am
xbay wrote:Someone tell me more about this Stephen Strasburg fella. Apparently, the Nationals will take him with the first pick in the MLB draft. He throws a 103 mph fastball and had a 17 K no-no to end the season. Anyone else know more about this kid?

Yeah i can... he averages about 2 strikeouts per inning (87 innings), had a 23K before. Only has 15 walks on the entire season (164K's)

has a great slider up (which compliments a 103 fastball perfectly). he has sort of a curve ball. its faster than most curves, but there is movement. he needs to learn how to throw a decent change up to make his game even better.

He is being compared as the biggest pitching prospect since Kerry Woods.

And on a sidenote, i am pissed i didn't see him play when i attended SDSU. my friend went to see him pitch twice and brags about seeing the "future hall of famer" before he was pro.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:33 pm
Sweet, thanks.

I just wanted to hear other people views on him since I heard that while he is highly touted as the next big thing, he also has a huge bust potential. Not sure why that is so, though.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:51 pm
xbay wrote:Sweet, thanks.

I just wanted to hear other people views on him since I heard that while he is highly touted as the next big thing, he also has a huge bust potential. Not sure why that is so, though.

I have not heard that at all. All I have heard for the last year or so is he is the next cant miss pitching prospect and one of the best pitching prospects in the last 25 years.

Hit 103 on the guy regularly, a wicked 98 mph SLIDER, and great control with an almost effortless delivery.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:02 pm
bada wrote:

I have not heard that at all. All I have heard for the last year or so is he is the next cant miss pitching prospect and one of the best pitching prospects in the last 25 years.

Hit 103 on the guy regularly, a wicked 98 mph SLIDER, and great control with an almost effortless delivery.

Well you both are sort of right... he is, like bada said, one of those cant miss prospects. There have been about 3 prospects in the last 20 years that scouts have gone this gaga for. Ken Griffey Jr., Kerry Wood, and Steven Strasburg. Xbay has a valid point, that some scouts (which might be nit-picking) are saying his form and frame MIGHT make him run out of gas early, and result in possible injuries down the line. But many scouts also dismiss this, as tthere is no specific evidence to support this theory. So, as for now, he is money unless proven otherwise.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:17 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
bada wrote:

Well you both are sort of right... he is, like bada said, one of those cant miss prospects. There have been about 3 prospects in the last 20 years that scouts have gone this gaga for. Ken Griffey Jr., Kerry Wood, and Steven Strasburg. Xbay has a valid point, that some scouts (which might be nit-picking) are saying his form and frame MIGHT make him run out of gas early, and result in possible injuries down the line. But many scouts also dismiss this, as tthere is no specific evidence to support this theory. So, as for now, he is money unless proven otherwise.

Mr. Crackerz.....you are forgetting one Uber-Prospect, his name was Brien Taylor. He was a cant miss for the Yankees, dominant pitcher that may have logged a dozen or so innings in the majors. There is always a huge bust potential for "stuff" pitchers. They can go in and dominate high school or college hitters, but what will they do on the next level where everybody can hit that 100+ mph fastball? I think Strassburg will be really good, but anybody that throws that hard and that wicked of stuff is alittle scary. Im actually hoping that I fall down in the standings in my keeper league this season so I can pick this kid up at the midseason draft. He will be a nice addition to my future pitching staff of Bumgartner, Cahill and Jordan Zimmerman.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:38 pm
SDSU begins its annual opener loss against UCLA. Rooting for the upset, but Rick Neuheisal is a good coach, and UCLA is better than it has been in a few years...

Odds of winning... 2%
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:24 pm
Did you just say Neuheisal is a GOOD coach???? As a Husky fan, I can tell you that Neuheisal is GARBAGE!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:21 am
bada wrote:Did you just say Neuheisal is a GOOD coach???? As a Husky fan, I can tell you that Neuheisal is GARBAGE!!!

I think he is pretty good. I really think he will turn around UCLA (which sucks cuz i am a Stanford Cardinal fan). Sorry to hear your a Huskies fan... another long season awaits you guys. DO you like your new coach?
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board