Rubio drama already?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:22 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Is it Bold to say Ricky Rubio will never be in a T-Wolve uniform. The guy might play in the NBA, but not with the t-wolves..


Well, he's got an extremely cheap exit clause to the NBA in his new contract in 2011, so he's gonna join his NBA team by then.

Will it be Minny?. I guess it's up to Flynn's development. If he proves he can handle the PG duties, they'll probably look to trade him. If not, hey, they already have his replacement.

Mr. Crackerz wrote:however, i like their coaching staff this year. lotta good minds, and ex-ballers.


I like Laimbeer a lot, but not Rambis. I certainly looked overcoached every single game I saw when he had his chance with LA and, even tho it's true people can learn a lot from bad experiences, I want to see it before to believe..

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Is it Bold to say Ricky Rubio will never be in a T-Wolve uniform. The guy might play in the NBA, but not with the t-wolves..


Well, he's got an extremely cheap exit clause to the NBA in his new contract in 2011, so he's gonna join his NBA team by then.

Will it be Minny?. I guess it's up to Flynn's development. If he proves he can handle the PG duties, they'll probably look to trade him. If not, hey, they already have his replacement.

Mr. Crackerz wrote:however, i like their coaching staff this year. lotta good minds, and ex-ballers.


I like Laimbeer a lot, but not Rambis. I certainly looked overcoached every single game I saw when he had his chance with LA and, even tho it's true people can learn a lot from bad experiences, I want to see it before to believe..


They also got Reggie Theus, who was a good coach in Sacramento, just had a shitty team.

All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:55 pm
According to Kahn, he and Rubio almost had a deal saturday night. It would have somehow gotten Rubio over here this year. But come Monday, Rubio had changed his mind. (Article)

Personally, I think it's all made up. Rubio was never coming over. Kahn was never going to bring him over. All this effort he put out by going over there and late night 'almost' deals is a way for him to save face and look good for his new gm job. Well played sir.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:04 pm
fine wrote:According to Kahn, he and Rubio almost had a deal saturday night. It would have somehow gotten Rubio over here this year. But come Monday, Rubio had changed his mind. (Article)

Personally, I think it's all made up. Rubio was never coming over. Kahn was never going to bring him over. All this effort he put out by going over there and late night 'almost' deals is a way for him to save face and look good for his new gm job. Well played sir.


Well, his old team's president has just said that they had agreed to a deal with Minny yesterday that was only a bit short of Barça's offer and Rubio decided to sign with Barcelona anyway. If he's not in the NBA, it's only because Ricky didn't want to (for now).
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:30 pm
First, this is pathetic.

Second, in any of these articles and comments, regading the deal with Barca............does it talk about Minny still holding his rights? and him coming to the league in 2011...........to play for Minny! and not just as a free agent.

If they arent keeping his rights.............then boy, nice job new boy (their GM I mean)

I cant be bothered to read it all because I find it distasteful and stupid.

All Star
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:49 am
Location: Sunnyvale
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:00 pm
bigstrads wrote:First, this is pathetic.

Second, in any of these articles and comments, regading the deal with Barca............does it talk about Minny still holding his rights? and him coming to the league in 2011...........to play for Minny! and not just as a free agent.

If they arent keeping his rights.............then boy, nice job new boy (their GM I mean)

I cant be bothered to read it all because I find it distasteful and stupid.


Minny holds the right to Rubio regardless. That's why Kahn says hes willing to wait for Rubio.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:19 pm
saintdee wrote:
bigstrads wrote:First, this is pathetic.

Second, in any of these articles and comments, regading the deal with Barca............does it talk about Minny still holding his rights? and him coming to the league in 2011...........to play for Minny! and not just as a free agent.

If they arent keeping his rights.............then boy, nice job new boy (their GM I mean)

I cant be bothered to read it all because I find it distasteful and stupid.


Minny holds the right to Rubio regardless. That's why Kahn says hes willing to wait for Rubio.


Yep, they have his rights til the end of his rookie contract, no matter when he signs. If he goes to the NBA, Ricky will go to Minny unless they trade him.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:27 pm
TMC wrote:
saintdee wrote:
bigstrads wrote:First, this is pathetic.

Second, in any of these articles and comments, regading the deal with Barca............does it talk about Minny still holding his rights? and him coming to the league in 2011...........to play for Minny! and not just as a free agent.

If they arent keeping his rights.............then boy, nice job new boy (their GM I mean)

I cant be bothered to read it all because I find it distasteful and stupid.


Minny holds the right to Rubio regardless. That's why Kahn says hes willing to wait for Rubio.


Yep, they have his rights til the end of his rookie contract, no matter when he signs. If he goes to the NBA, Ricky will go to Minny unless they trade him.


Righty-o fellas...........just hadnt seen that in any of the brief stuff Id read. :wink:

Still, nasty little pointless saga though.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron