Here's what I would
like to do:
Jackson and Law or CJ watson (in a sign and trade) to Houston
Battier, Landry and a second round pick.
Reasoning for Houston:
- Ariza is the LA version of Battier. no need for both. Battier is pricier and they just signed Ariza to a long contract too.
- Rockets could really use Jackson this year: T-Mac is out and on the last year of his contract, Artest is gone, Wafer is gone, Brooks is a tiny 6' point guard that needs a big defensive SG to help him out.
- they'd pick up a local boy
- Houston loves tall, defensive minded players - for a SG Jax is tall and tough.
- they have a bunch of PF's that can play D and can't score (Hayes, Dorsey, Landry). If they lose landry it's not the end of the world.
-Houston is above the lux threshold this lowers it a little
Good for the warriors because
- Battier would actually bring a legit defensive stopper to our team
- we would get value for either Laws expiring or Watson. neither will get significant mins next season any way.
- Battier is a less talented player but his contract is only two years instead of Jax's four
- Landry would be a great back up if wright doesn't step up this year, AND he's a $3M expirerer according to ESPN (Hoopshype says he has 2 years, either way it's good)
- Landry is a monster on the boards, and could really help us off the bench when the rest of the team is having a bad rebounding night. He's also a very good defensive player.
- I think Azu / Morrow maybe with a little bit of Curry thrown in- Is the best SG depth chart.
- It would give us overall an more flexible lineup.
Monta / Curry / [Law or Watson]
Azu / Morrow
Battier (if defense is needed) or Maggs (if offense is needed) / George
Randolph / Wright / Landry
Biedrins / Turiaf
The big reasons why it wouldn't work is:
- Rockets need a Center badly right now, more so than a SG, they'd probably rather trade Bat for a C. but then again, they do need a back court scorer too...
- with next years Free agency market, they may be waiting to cash T-macs expiring for an All-star, and don't want to waste money on Jax's big ass contract.
- warriors don't like making smart decisions