Cavs trade idea

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:01 am
I realize there is already a "Jax for" thread but I thought this deserved its own thread and it would probably get more people to look at it. This is just to discuss this specific trade.

Hello Cavsfan here. Obviously S Jack wants out and he either wants to go to CLE or NY but I realize it really isn't his choice of where he wants to go since he pretty much screwed you guys over. I don't know it looks like most of you are really eager to get rid of him and for pretty much nothing with the other posts I have seen. Well don't kill me but I just want to here some sensible replies on a trade idea I have and also what trade ideas you would propose with Cleveland if you don't like mine.

Warriors get
Daniel Gibson
JJ Hickson
(Anthony Parker OR Jamario Moon your choice)
(Jawad Williams or Cash your choice)
1st round pick

Cavs get
Stephen Jackson
Stephen Curry

Why is this a good trade?
Now your first reaction is that you don't want to give up Curry. The reason I put him in the trade is so it is a decent trade for us. We are giving up all our best assets that we are saving for a "Chris Bosh" type quality player near the deadline so that is the reason most Cavs fans wouldn't do it (also nobody is crazy at all about Jax except me).

Jackson I guess is a bit of a risk and I know he would probably shoot too much which I don't like at all but I like his leadership abilities and defense abilities. His contract is HORRID which is a major turnoff and I hope no off court antics come along with him but I am a person that believes it won't. He is familar with Mike Brown however and wants to win so I like his energy he can bring to the game when focused. Maybe you guys could give me a better opinion on him.

So I believe Curry would be a good addition into the trade to make up the value we are giving you. It is well noted he is friends with LeBron. Personally I think he is overated and will be nothing more than a good shooter but he is friends with LeBron and young. We value JJ as much as you value Curry so that matches perfectly. Also Gibson is a terrific fit with the Warriors and could take Currys role and play it just as well if not better for the time being.

You guys might not know a ton about JJ because everybody else on other teams think we vastly over rate him but his potential is off the charts. He could become an Amare Stoudemire type player and he would be a nice young player beside Biendrins. Other Cavs fans would NEVER include JJ for the trade I proposed but I think it is worth it. JJ has been working out with LeBron this summer and has put on alot of strength. This trade will probably never happen because I doubt Ferry would ever trade JJ but just watch him during the season.(JJs first year in summer league put up the same numbers if not better than Blake Griffin) In no way am I comparing the two but that just goes to show.

Anthony Parker or Moon is just icing on the cake. Either one are great players but the problem with that is they have a trade restriction until December 15th. That also might make up for the "strong" feelings the Warriors may feel about Curry(if JJ and Gibson wouldn't be more than enough).

A 1st round pick is just more value and in these late drafts you can get just a good of a player late in the 1st as the lottery.

Now will any of this happen. Probably not. But I was just wondering the opinion of Warrior fans to see if you would do that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:15 am
It shows you're a Cavs fan, buddy... That trade is just ridiculous.

We didn't want to give up Curry for Amar'e... and now we're supposed to trade him for a bunch of scrubs and role players and a late first rounder?. Nonsense.

Welcome to the board, tho... :hello2:

... but try to not include Curry in your next proposal. Curry and Randolph are off-limits if Lebron is not included. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:18 am
I stopped reading after I read Curry. That would not make any sense at all. I have a feeling they'll get crap for him. And that's a dumb move because the franchise seems to value the guy a ton but they probably won't get equal value in return. Also, when your "captain" wants to jump ship, that can be trouble.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:32 am
TMC wrote:... but try to not include Curry in your next proposal. Curry and Randolph are off-limits if Lebron is not included. :wink:

REALLY!?!?! I didn't think you guys put THAT much stock into Curry and Randolph. It is obvious you guys feel the way about Curry as Cavs fans do about JJ but if you look at that trade I feel we are giving up a whole lot. If some of you actually read the whole thing I explain why I think it is a good trade and maybe some of you will feel different. I am suprised you guys wouldn't like it because even Cavs fans hate it. They wouldn't give up all of our best young pieces and depth for a chucker with bad shot selection and is high on turnovers. That is why I threw in Curry to make up the difference.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:34 am
RobDIKUM wrote:I stopped reading after I read Curry.

Im sure you did :roll: Thank you.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:42 am
TMC wrote:We didn't want to give up Curry for Amar'e... and now we're supposed to trade him for a bunch of scrubs and role players and a late first rounder?. Nonsense.

Also, wasn't like Biendrins or somebody else big in that trade for Amare. It isn't like it was for Curry straight up. They were trying to use Curry as a "throw" in. I wouldn't trade Biendrins for Amare EVER. So basically we are giving up all of that stuff for Currys "value" and just taking Jackson off your hands for you. I am doing my best here to make a case for the trade ::lol:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:53 am
CavFan wrote:

You're very welcome. Don't worry I get annoyed by idiotic trades posted by Warrior fans too. My thing is fans should be off limits from proposing trades because the majority of them are stupid. Most involve a way to improve your team by shedding inferior pieces. This is just another circumstance. Now all those guys for Jackson would not be a good deal for cleveland, but maybe you should throw in a different name like CJ watson or something like that.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:12 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
CavFan wrote:

You're very welcome. Don't worry I get annoyed by idiotic trades posted by Warrior fans too. My thing is fans should be off limits from proposing trades because the majority of them are stupid. Most involve a way to improve your team by shedding inferior pieces. This is just another circumstance. Now all those guys for Jackson would not be a good deal for cleveland, but maybe you should throw in a different name like CJ watson or something like that.

Honestly there aren't many options for the Cavs to aquire Jackson fairly. We don't have that many pieces that match salaries and not be unfair. I have seen alot of Warrior fan trade suggestions that basically take on horrible players just to get rid of Jackson. I was trying to make a fair trade with Curry stabilizing it a little bit. Honestly I think a great trade for you guys would be to trade David Lee for Jackson. David Lee is having bad contract negotiations and Jackson wants out and wants to play with Al so it makes sense.

However that is not what I was here to talk about I just wanted to here opinions on the idea. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:33 am
CavFan wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
CavFan wrote:

Honestly there aren't many options for the Cavs to aquire Jackson fairly. We don't have that many pieces that match salaries and not be unfair. I have seen alot of Warrior fan trade suggestions that basically take on horrible players just to get rid of Jackson. I was trying to make a fair trade with Curry stabilizing it a little bit. Honestly I think a great trade for you guys would be to trade David Lee for Jackson. David Lee is having bad contract negotiations and Jackson wants out and wants to play with Al so it makes sense.

However that is not what I was here to talk about I just wanted to here opinions on the idea. :wink:

I haven't looked at any salaries, but in all honesty I think we are going to get trash in return for Jack. That's how much faith i have in this front office. Even a sensible deal would get screwed up by these guys.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:10 pm
Jackson is leaving this team straight up. He's not bringing Curry with him, period.

If he doesn't leave straight up, it's cause some "miraculous" blockbuster trade happened.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:10 pm
I'm not going to hate on him too much.

The reason why we can't do it is because:

- we have a solid supporting cast right now. you are basically giving us 4 extra backups and a late first rounder for 1 starter and curry. we need at least a potential starter for jax, if not a useful expirer'r.

- the reason why Belinelli was traded was becuase we did not have enough room for him. We still have one of the youngest teams in the league and even though our cap situation isn't horrible, we need to make room for big re-signing contracts in the near-future. unless it's a really good deal (which this isn't) we need 1:1 trade ratio, if not 2 warriors : 1

- There are two routes you can go down when re-signing talent - low and long or high and short. we have chosen the low and long route (which has it's merits). you are giving us a fairly big 4 year contract, a 2 year contract and a 1 year contract. we definitely don't want gibbson for 4 years sucking up cash behind monta.

- lastly and most importantly: YOU CAN'T TRADE MOON OR PARKER YET! there is a three month waiting period after you sign a free agent.so this trade doesn't even work until like mid-december

so to sum it up:
even if it was possible, no thank you.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:30 pm
first off wrote:
- lastly and most importantly: YOU CAN'T TRADE MOON OR PARKER YET! there is a three month waiting period after you sign a free agent.so this trade doesn't even work until like mid-december

so to sum it up:

I did mention that in my post but thank you for giving me your opinion. That is what I wanted. I see where your coming from. So my question is what trade would you do with the Cavs. If you are looking for "expiring" you could take Ilgauskas but you would have to thrown in somebody else to make up the money difference. Only problem with that is we have Z in a special place in the Cavs hearts and I doubt Ferry would be willing to trade him. Also we would be taking on alot of cap and jeopardize our future but I don't think the Cavs would be a likely destination at all despite Jacksons wishes in that case.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:24 am
AND Curry??

lol thanks but no thanks
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:09 pm
CavFan wrote:
first off wrote:

so to sum it up:

I did mention that in my post but thank you for giving me your opinion. That is what I wanted. I see where your coming from. So my question is what trade would you do with the Cavs. If you are looking for "expiring" you could take Ilgauskas but you would have to thrown in somebody else to make up the money difference. Only problem with that is we have Z in a special place in the Cavs hearts and I doubt Ferry would be willing to trade him. Also we would be taking on alot of cap and jeopardize our future but I don't think the Cavs would be a likely destination at all despite Jacksons wishes in that case.

Either one are great players but the problem with that is they have a trade restriction until December 15th.

whoops sorry I didn't see that the first time. I wouldn't call parker or moon Great players, they are extremely average, and neither is really starting material.

about Z - that was my first thought when I heard the news (because of his expiring) but
A) We don't even have a back-up center to give to you right now (we have four big men total).
B) An old shaq is going to need a decent center back-up. Z is that guy for yall
C) If you hold onto LeB next summer, it will be because you are able to shed Z's big contract and free up a lot of cap space.

I don't think there is a trade situation between the two teams that is remotely appealing or realistic.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:14 am
yeah im sorry. just the fact that you said you can get a good player in the late first round (comparable to a lottery pick) shows how you got carried away on this one. its ok though, it happens to the best of us when we want something.
Next

Return to Trades