jax for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:01 am
first off wrote: if you go to espn right now there is a vid with hollinger talking about how he is one of the most over-rated guys IN THE LEAGUE!

Overrated by guys that don't have a f*cking clue about bball. Like Hollinjerk. :wink:

Nah, really, I think most GMs that really know what they do (arguably, not many) would love to add Jackson to a contender roster (which would put him in a perfect spot, as he no longer would have to carry the team, something he clearly can't do), but it probably won't happen due to his extension.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:30 am
I'd do a Odom and Ariza for S-Jax and Maggs!!! Put's the Lakers over the top!!! Plus, we start building for the future and we get that high draft pick this year...AR will have the SF position for himself...And we get rid of all the fucked up salary for both of those players!!!

Ariza his a decent replacement plus we have Odom expiring contract...Then we can pick up another free agent for two...So what if the league gets pissed off at us for doing this trade...If we don't do this trade we are stuck with two bad pieces for at next 5 yrs
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:34 am
J-Rich wrote:I'd do a Odom and Ariza for S-Jax and Maggs!!! Put's the Lakers over the top!!! Plus, we start building for the future and we get that high draft pick this year...AR will have the SF position for himself...And we get rid of all the fucked up salary for both of those players!!!

Ariza his a decent replacement plus we have Odom expiring contract...Then we can pick up another free agent for two...So what if the league gets pissed off at us for doing this trade...If we don't do this trade we are stuck with two bad pieces for at next 5 yrs

I wouldn't do a single move if I'm the Lakers. Why mess with the chemistry they have?.

If you've got the second best record of the league, you better stay put and wait til the end of the season to think about making moves.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:39 am
I also do this trade to mess with the whole 2010 waiting for LeBron thing!!!! James would resign with the Cavs if the make a deal for S-Jax and Maggs for Wally World and JJ Hickson!!!

This puts the whole damper on the FA situation with LeBron...Lebron wins many championships with this trade!!!!
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:41 am
bump
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:35 am
Ok, a few ideas:

Jax to Dallas for Kris Humpries and Greg Buckner: The Mavs don't lose much and add a potentially great role player. We get rid of those salaries in one or two years (both have player options for next season).

Jax to Utah for Matt Harpring and Ronnie Price: I don't think Sloan would like to have someone as anarchic as Jackson in his team, but I'd certainly would love to see Jackson's face when he's told that he's been traded to... Salt Lake City. :mrgreen:

Jax to Boston for Brian Scalabrine, Tony Allen and Shelden Williams: Similar to the Dallas trade, Boston gets a player to round up their roster, already championship caliber, and we get three expirers.

Those are the three trades that come to my mind right now. And I certainly can't see a better option right now.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:28 pm
TMC wrote:Ok, a few ideas:

Jax to Dallas for Kris Humpries and Greg Buckner: The Mavs don't lose much and add a potentially great role player. We get rid of those salaries in one or two years (both have player options for next season).

Jax to Utah for Matt Harpring and Ronnie Price: I don't think Sloan would like to have someone as anarchic as Jackson in his team, but I'd certainly would love to see Jackson's face when he's told that he's been traded to... Salt Lake City. :mrgreen:

Jax to Boston for Brian Scalabrine, Tony Allen and Shelden Williams: Similar to the Dallas trade, Boston gets a player to round up their roster, already championship caliber, and we get three expirers.

Those are the three trades that come to my mind right now. And I certainly can't see a better option right now.

I like were you are going with this, I don't think warriors can get much for S-Jax, expires is the way to go.

Jax to the bulls for Brad Miller who expires next year, could be usefull as well while in a warrior uniform, doubt the bulls do it though.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:26 am
would be happy with just an expirer or 2

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:46 am
What about shipping monta and Jackson and our almost million dollar trade exception (or dog pound brandon wright) to the Miami heat for Jermaine O'neal and mario chalmers. This team is committed of winning this year, and tell Wade they are committed for the long term (i.e. two dudes with long term contracts). As of now, the heat suck, and if i am dwawne wade, i want some players now or i am out.

I do not know how realistic this is, but i dont think its too far-fetched. o-neill is an expirer and making a quarter billion dollars this year. then he is gone. chalmers is a decent PG that can start now.

Lineup:

chalmers, azu or morrow, randolph, o-neill, biedrens

with curry, morrow or azu, Maggs, Wright (if he is not dealt), Turiaf on the bench.

seems like a decent 9 man rotation with players that will work hard, play as a team, and make every effort to get better. AND of course, handle the suffrage of Nelly Ball (for better or for worse).

thoughts?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:56 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:thoughts?

If I were Miami, I'd wait for next year's free agency and try to sign Bosh to play there with Wade. No point in using their cap space right now unless they add a top player.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:19 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:thoughts?

If I were Miami, I'd wait for next year's free agency and try to sign Bosh to play there with Wade. No point in using their cap space right now unless they add a top player.

thats risky though... i can see bosh staying in toronto if they have a real good season, which is possible. have you seen that lineup? how are they not in discussion for one of the top east teams?
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:04 pm
I don't know Crack... I know a lot of people like the whole, Randolph is an SF because he's quick argument but I disagree, at least for now. I'd really like to see him as a 4, maybe 5 in a few seasons if he fills out. I don't think his decision making skills are at the level of an NBA caliber SF yet. I can see him getting his pocket picked on a consistent basis. I mean, he does have handles... but lets be real - he has handles for a 6'11" guy. I would much rather see him turn into an aggressive pau gasol or Dirk N. type player that uses his combo of quickness, size, and range, to abuse a slow PF or C (of which there are plenty). let him learn the NBA game as a PF (on rare occasion, playin SF) for a few more years, if he improves his skills, then try him at SF.

additionally, we already have one wild man (maggs) at that position, do we really need two?

Plus I can see nelson disliking the AR SF idea even more then me and just benching him, delaying his development.

finally, Monta... I know a lot of people hate him 'cause of the moped, but I just can't justify giving him up for a expirerer right now. give'em one more year.

If the warriors did this trade I wouldn't completely disown them, but it's definitely not what I'd like to do.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:18 pm
Here's what I would like to do:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=koctrb

Send
Jackson and Law or CJ watson (in a sign and trade) to Houston

for

Battier, Landry and a second round pick.

Reasoning for Houston:
- Ariza is the LA version of Battier. no need for both. Battier is pricier and they just signed Ariza to a long contract too.
- Rockets could really use Jackson this year: T-Mac is out and on the last year of his contract, Artest is gone, Wafer is gone, Brooks is a tiny 6' point guard that needs a big defensive SG to help him out.
- they'd pick up a local boy
- Houston loves tall, defensive minded players - for a SG Jax is tall and tough.
- they have a bunch of PF's that can play D and can't score (Hayes, Dorsey, Landry). If they lose landry it's not the end of the world.
-Houston is above the lux threshold this lowers it a little

Good for the warriors because
- Battier would actually bring a legit defensive stopper to our team
- we would get value for either Laws expiring or Watson. neither will get significant mins next season any way.
- Battier is a less talented player but his contract is only two years instead of Jax's four
- Landry would be a great back up if wright doesn't step up this year, AND he's a $3M expirerer according to ESPN (Hoopshype says he has 2 years, either way it's good)
- Landry is a monster on the boards, and could really help us off the bench when the rest of the team is having a bad rebounding night. He's also a very good defensive player.
- I think Azu / Morrow maybe with a little bit of Curry thrown in- Is the best SG depth chart.
- It would give us overall an more flexible lineup.

Monta / Curry / [Law or Watson]
Azu / Morrow
Battier (if defense is needed) or Maggs (if offense is needed) / George
Randolph / Wright / Landry
Biedrins / Turiaf

The big reasons why it wouldn't work is:
- Rockets need a Center badly right now, more so than a SG, they'd probably rather trade Bat for a C. but then again, they do need a back court scorer too...
- with next years Free agency market, they may be waiting to cash T-macs expiring for an All-star, and don't want to waste money on Jax's big ass contract.

- warriors don't like making smart decisions
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:42 pm
first off wrote:Send

for

:mrgreen:

You said yourself. Houston will have a ton of money free after T-Mac becomes a free agency, and won't want to mess that up.

Also, I see no reason for that trade when they already have Battier and Ariza. SF is not a position of need for them.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:10 am
TMC wrote:
first off wrote:Send

for

:mrgreen:

You said yourself. Houston will have a ton of money free after T-Mac becomes a free agency, and won't want to mess that up.

Also, I see no reason for that trade when they already have Battier and Ariza. SF is not a position of need for them.

well, they clearly need two things right now: a back court scorer and a legit center. they are over stuffed with SFs and PFs and they have T-Macs expiring to work with.
if we give some of their SF's and PF's in exchange for a back court scorer (jax), they could conceivably tough out the year with the crappy center they currently have (remember the did do pretty well without Yao or Mutumbo against LA in the playoffs) and then spend that T-Mac money on a legit center (probably only need about half of T-Mac's 23M to do that) next off-season or maybe at the trade deadline. I don't think that's outside the realm of possibility. also Battier's 6-7M contract would still be there at the end of next season, so at least in the short term, having jax would not really affect their cap room unless they were going for a mega allstar and needed every last dollar.

about bringing another SF to their team-
He'd be a tall SG next to 6' brooks, not a SF. Even if he does play SF from time to time, Ariza and battier cannot create their own shot the way jack can. The difference between Jack and Ariza is way more than the diff between Ariza and Bat.

I don't know, if I were houston, I don't think now is the time to take my foot off the accelerator pedal. I think they need to address at least one of there two needs before the season starts. one bad season can **** up a scrappy team like the rockets.

They need a vocal leader... they need someone with swagger... they need a volume shooter that collects technical fouls like if he keeps doing it, he's going to win something.... they need... stephen jackson!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
PreviousNext

Return to Trades