Religion Debate

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Do you believe in any God

36%
Atheist
4
45%
Christian, Muslim, etc...
5
No votes
Deist
18%
Agnostic
2

Total votes: 11

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:27 pm
Well said Captain Jack...

I'd like to add that the form of Catholicism most known and followed is Roman Catholic. There are older Catholic churches like the Eastern Orthodox, or Greek Orthodox, or Ethiopian Orthodox, and even the very early Gnostic Christians...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:29 pm
Jackattack wrote:Well said Captain Jack...

I'd like to add that the form of Catholicism most known and followed is Roman Catholic. There are older Catholic churches like the Eastern Orthodox, or Greek Orthodox, or Ethiopian Orthodox, and even the very early Gnostic Christians...


Definitely, I thought about naming all the Christian denominations, but then I didn't want to go back and go through all the variations of Judaism and Islam, 'cause that would have lead to trying to explain the difference between Sunni and Shiite Muslims and the five pillars of Islam. It wasn't worth the effort.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:34 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Well said Captain Jack...

I'd like to add that the form of Catholicism most known and followed is Roman Catholic. There are older Catholic churches like the Eastern Orthodox, or Greek Orthodox, or Ethiopian Orthodox, and even the very early Gnostic Christians...


Definitely, I thought about naming all the Christian denominations, but then I didn't want to go back and go through all the variations of Judaism and Islam, 'cause that would have lead to trying to explain the difference between Sunni and Shiite Muslims and the five pillars of Islam. It wasn't worth the effort.


yo cap... are there any subjects out there that you DONT know?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:14 am
I never took religious classes, I just went with whatever was at the top of my head. So as Capt. Jack pointed out, I was incorrect. :mrgreen:

MurinuR wrote:My question is, what happens to the other 66% of the world that "dosen't" believe in your god?

For instance a young muslum child has been taught to believe in Allah and hasn't been exposed to any alternative beliefs/options.

We can obviously agree that any child is innocent.

If a Muslum child dies prematurely what is his/her fate?


Like I said, I can't answer that. What happens to them is up to them and what they believe. We believe we go to an eternal place of rest. What you believe is whatever you want. Obviously, I cannot prove that we go to such a place, but at the same time, there's no way I can since I haven't died yet. And once I die, it's not like I'll be able to tell you where I am. And also, even non-believers can prove where you go when you die. So that part of the argument is pointless.

If a Muslim child dies prematurely, I don't know, cause I'm not Muslim.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:37 am
8th ave wrote:yo cap... are there any subjects out there that you DONT know?


Actually, no. :wink:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:04 am
8th ave wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Well said Captain Jack...

I'd like to add that the form of Catholicism most known and followed is Roman Catholic. There are older Catholic churches like the Eastern Orthodox, or Greek Orthodox, or Ethiopian Orthodox, and even the very early Gnostic Christians...


Definitely, I thought about naming all the Christian denominations, but then I didn't want to go back and go through all the variations of Judaism and Islam, 'cause that would have lead to trying to explain the difference between Sunni and Shiite Muslims and the five pillars of Islam. It wasn't worth the effort.


yo cap... are there any subjects out there that you DONT know?


Plenty! I just happen to have gone to a Catholic high school so I studied Catholicism and Christianity, then I took a Holocaust class a couple years ago that detailed the history of Judaism and it's progression through time and I spent the Spring semester studying Al Qaeda operations for a class, which of course includes understanding some of the intricacies of the Muslim faith. The topic kind of played into my hands...

Plus I just like to know things, so anything I don't know I research it. It makes me happy :mrgreen:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:41 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
8th ave wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Well said Captain Jack...

I'd like to add that the form of Catholicism most known and followed is Roman Catholic. There are older Catholic churches like the Eastern Orthodox, or Greek Orthodox, or Ethiopian Orthodox, and even the very early Gnostic Christians...


Definitely, I thought about naming all the Christian denominations, but then I didn't want to go back and go through all the variations of Judaism and Islam, 'cause that would have lead to trying to explain the difference between Sunni and Shiite Muslims and the five pillars of Islam. It wasn't worth the effort.


yo cap... are there any subjects out there that you DONT know?


Plenty! I just happen to have gone to a Catholic high school so I studied Catholicism and Christianity, then I took a Holocaust class a couple years ago that detailed the history of Judaism and it's progression through time and I spent the Spring semester studying Al Qaeda operations for a class, which of course includes understanding some of the intricacies of the Muslim faith. The topic kind of played into my hands...

Plus I just like to know things, so anything I don't know I research it. It makes me happy :mrgreen:


marry me
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:46 pm
8th ave wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
8th ave wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Well said Captain Jack...

I'd like to add that the form of Catholicism most known and followed is Roman Catholic. There are older Catholic churches like the Eastern Orthodox, or Greek Orthodox, or Ethiopian Orthodox, and even the very early Gnostic Christians...


Definitely, I thought about naming all the Christian denominations, but then I didn't want to go back and go through all the variations of Judaism and Islam, 'cause that would have lead to trying to explain the difference between Sunni and Shiite Muslims and the five pillars of Islam. It wasn't worth the effort.


yo cap... are there any subjects out there that you DONT know?


Plenty! I just happen to have gone to a Catholic high school so I studied Catholicism and Christianity, then I took a Holocaust class a couple years ago that detailed the history of Judaism and it's progression through time and I spent the Spring semester studying Al Qaeda operations for a class, which of course includes understanding some of the intricacies of the Muslim faith. The topic kind of played into my hands...

Plus I just like to know things, so anything I don't know I research it. It makes me happy :mrgreen:


marry me


:)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest