Supercool Beasley

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:49 pm
bigstrads wrote:Hmmmm, I wonder if him checking into rehab could be anything to do with this =

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/stor ... AHeadlines

Under the NBA's anti-drug rules, there are some instances in which a player who comes forward voluntarily to request help with a substance-abuse issue is not penalized as harshly as a player who randomly tests positive and is thereby forced to enter the treatment program. The NBA never discloses who is in its drug treatment program.

Doubt it. Beasley doesn't look that smart. Just look at the pic again. :wink:

Although he could be following someone's advice, of course...
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:21 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Hmmmm, I wonder if him checking into rehab could be anything to do with this =

Under the NBA's anti-drug rules, there are some instances in which a player who comes forward voluntarily to request help with a substance-abuse issue is not penalized as harshly as a player who randomly tests positive and is thereby forced to enter the treatment program. The NBA never discloses who is in its drug treatment program.

what do u mean... BECAUSE HE'S BLACK!??!?!? lol... nah... im kidding... i wouldnt say that he doesnt look smart... he does look super slow with those droopy ass eyes... kid has so much talent too... hope it doesnt go to waste
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm
8th ave wrote:
TMC wrote:

what do u mean... BECAUSE HE'S BLACK!??!?!? lol... nah... im kidding... i wouldnt say that he doesnt look smart...

Well, when you post a pic like that on your twitter account, being a celebrity... I'm sorry, but that's not the best way to make you look smart :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:09 pm
dude needs to get his ass beat for sure. not for the weed, but for the lame ass unappreciative attitude toward life he has right now ... someone needs to take his ass to africa and show him people who he'd really think have "lives not worth living".. i mean unless his friends and family members are dying i see no reason for that **** in his situation
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:37 pm
Beast Mode wrote:dude needs to get his ass beat for sure. not for the weed, but for the lame ass unappreciative attitude toward life he has right now ... someone needs to take his ass to africa and show him people who he'd really think have "lives not worth living".. i mean unless his friends and family members are dying i see no reason for that **** in his situation

Ok going to HUGELY disagree with that. While your point is logical, a person that doesn't think that life is worth living is not capable of a logical thought process.

Personally I think you guys are being asses. Depression isn't a joke.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:10 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:dude needs to get his ass beat for sure. not for the weed, but for the lame ass unappreciative attitude toward life he has right now ... someone needs to take his ass to africa and show him people who he'd really think have "lives not worth living".. i mean unless his friends and family members are dying i see no reason for that **** in his situation

Ok going to HUGELY disagree with that. While your point is logical, a person that doesn't think that life is worth living is not capable of a logical thought process.

Personally I think you guys are being asses. Depression isn't a joke.

thats beast mode for you. childish, immature, naive... dude has said outrageous comments like this before.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:39 pm

very naive stance there beast. Obviously you have not suffered from depression which you should feel fortunate. Depression is not something you just "snap yourself out of"

I am glad he is getting help and wish him the best.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:00 am
lol... i wonder whose more mentally stable.. marbury or beasly... someone make a pole! i vote................................ damn... thats pretty tough.....
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:02 pm
After taking a step back from the situation, you guys are right. I was being naive. I have suffered depression and still feel it at times (crazy mother, father in prison, in family legal custody battles, drugs taking over peoples live close to me)... I guess I got blinded by his "success" that I forgot the stars have issues to.

My bad if I offended anyone.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:32 pm
Beast Mode wrote:After taking a step back from the situation, you guys are right. I was being naive. I have suffered depression and still feel it at times (crazy mother, father in prison, in family legal custody battles, drugs taking over peoples live close to me)... I guess I got blinded by his "success" that I forgot the stars have issues to.

I feel ya dude. Been through it myself, hard, when my best mate died. And even still my immediate reaction was "pffft-what's he got to be depressed bout"

But who knows what he's dealing with right now. All jokes aside i hope he gets through it alright
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:12 pm
Beast Mode wrote:After taking a step back from the situation, you guys are right. I was being naive. I have suffered depression and still feel it at times (crazy mother, father in prison, in family legal custody battles, drugs taking over peoples live close to me)... I guess I got blinded by his "success" that I forgot the stars have issues to.

beast, well done. I applaud you for posting this.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:34 pm
bada wrote:

beast, well done. I applaud you for posting this.

:D :D :D :D it wasn't offensive, but still...

I think what you first posted is the initial reaction we all have when we hear about something like this because it just doesn't make sense to any of us (rich healthy people shouldn't be sad). sometimes our initial reactions aren't the best. Props to you for wisin' up.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Previous

Return to NBA Forum