Religion Debate

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Do you believe in any God

36%
Atheist
4
45%
Christian, Muslim, etc...
5
No votes
Deist
18%
Agnostic
2

Total votes: 11


Rookie
Posts: 106
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:39 am
What's your opinion on this subject. Many of you may be surprised on my views, but I am an atheist.


I believe in physical evidence. A great man once said, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5894
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:26 am
I didn't see Raider Nation as a voting option :D

Honestly im not down about talking with religion... I'm Christian.. but religion is a touchy subject.

this thread will bring on too many arguments and **** could turn nasty.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:05 am
where's the Satanist option?



(pawno's right-way too touchy)
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5894
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:18 am
He didn't forget it...

Satanism = Muslim

:mrgreen:

Now before you rebutt folks..

TOTALLY JOKING

Rookie
Posts: 106
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:52 am
I doubt people are that overly sensitive and start flinging ****. I think everyone can have a civilized debate without acting like a fuckwit.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:48 am
I feel religion and science are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things. So one trying to prove the other wrong is completely pointless, in my opinion, cause it's a never ending argument. One believes one way, the other believes the other. There's no changing opinions.

I'll stick to believing in what I want to believe, regardless of what others say. It's not like Catholicism has made me a terrible person in life. Once it does, I get back to you, but I strongly doubt that would ever happen.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:51 am
I'm pretty much anti-religion...

god? I'm right on the fence.. experienced enough to say maybe there is, yet have never seen any proof. Probably fall under agnostic.

I don't think science and religion (big bang/evolution vs. intelligent design)
are necessarily mutually exclusive. It's frustrating when proponents of either side never consider that they could exist side by side. I tend to lean on the side of science though..

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:52 am
i am agnostic... mainly because i haven't felt a relationship with god or gods... however, just because I haven't had a relationship with it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist nor i will in the future. I do not know whether there is a god or not, and for me it is too difficult to have a definitive answer on whether god exists or not. Much of my friends and family believe in god, and feel they have a relationship with god. I cannot question them if they truly feel that way. It is also possible that there self confidence is being mistaken for a superior being. I DO NOT KNOW.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:42 am
I should clarify while I am personally anti religion, I have many family and friends, people I love and respect, that are religious. So I try not to judge those that are.

There can be no resolution to the debate anyway, as none of us know anything definitively when it come to this...
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:13 pm
I was gonna post about me... but Jackattack did it before, on both posts. So I'm Jack Part Deux. 8)
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:18 pm
TMC wrote:I was gonna post about me... but Jackattack did it before, on both posts. So I'm Jack Part Deux. 8)


8)


:agrue: see you over in Migya's C-O-N spiracy thread.... lol
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 258
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:00 pm
Well I've been a athiest basically since I hit puberty.

If you are agnostic, read "The God Deluson" by Richard Dawkins. (all his books are brilliant) Britians most famous athiest and scientific rationalist.

He has widely been referred to in the media as "Darwin's Rottweiler"

Highly recommended for the enquiring mind!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:55 pm
MurinuR wrote:Well I've been a athiest basically since I hit puberty.

If you are agnostic, read "The God Deluson" by Richard Dawkins. (all his books are brilliant) Britians most famous athiest and scientific rationalist.

He has widely been referred to in the media as "Darwin's Rottweiler"

Highly recommended for the enquiring mind!


saw some of his documentaries and enjoyed them. While he is convincing and I do lean towards science.. no one can prove it one way or another...

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 pm
Jackattack wrote:
MurinuR wrote:Well I've been a athiest basically since I hit puberty.

If you are agnostic, read "The God Deluson" by Richard Dawkins. (all his books are brilliant) Britians most famous athiest and scientific rationalist.

He has widely been referred to in the media as "Darwin's Rottweiler"

Highly recommended for the enquiring mind!


saw some of his documentaries and enjoyed them. While he is convincing and I do lean towards science.. no one can prove it one way or another...


even if it is proven (some how), there will always be doubters. the debate will live on forever.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 258
» Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:25 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Jackattack wrote:
MurinuR wrote:Well I've been a athiest basically since I hit puberty.

If you are agnostic, read "The God Deluson" by Richard Dawkins. (all his books are brilliant) Britians most famous athiest and scientific rationalist.

He has widely been referred to in the media as "Darwin's Rottweiler"

Highly recommended for the enquiring mind!


saw some of his documentaries and enjoyed them. While he is convincing and I do lean towards science.. no one can prove it one way or another...


even if it is proven (some how), there will always be doubters. the debate will live on forever.


Agreed, it can and will be debated forever.....

I won't get started. :)

"don't preach in my school and I won't teach in your church"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests