2009 GStW.com Fantasy Football

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:39 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:REMINDER, Draft is this Sunday 8:15pm PST... i already know a couple people that can't make it... it is the middle of the night for TMC, i dunno what time it is in aussie land for pawno, but try to make it... If not, make sure you pre-rank with plenty of depth, as this is a big roster league with 12 teams (meaning lots of depth).

Good Luck

What position am i drafting?

i can't seem to find it...

and also it better be a snake draft :bday:

the order is randomly decided by yahoo 45 minutes before the draft.

And of course it is a snake draft. Wouldnt have it any other way.

Ok no worries.. but it would have been better having the draft ordered sorted before hand.

professional organization from the nba or nfl have at least a month or so to work out a strategy.. but no fret. i dont wanna ruin 5 years strong of a successful league. your the commish bro.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:44 pm
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:REMINDER, Draft is this Sunday 8:15pm PST... i already know a couple people that can't make it... it is the middle of the night for TMC, i dunno what time it is in aussie land for pawno, but try to make it... If not, make sure you pre-rank with plenty of depth, as this is a big roster league with 12 teams (meaning lots of depth).

Good Luck

What position am i drafting?

i can't seem to find it...

and also it better be a snake draft :bday:

the order is randomly decided by yahoo 45 minutes before the draft.

And of course it is a snake draft. Wouldnt have it any other way.

Ok no worries.. but it would have been better having the draft ordered sorted before hand.

professional organization from the nba or nfl have at least a month or so to work out a strategy.. but no fret. i dont wanna ruin 5 years strong of a successful league. your the commish bro.

its not my call... its yahoo's call. they do it this way, and its the only way. now, i could have done what you guys do here, and go to a randomizer to do the order, but i dont want people questioning the legitimacy of it (as it is something my brother would do). so if yahoo does it, there are no complications... i agree that 45 minutes blows, but that yahoo and the other fantasy football sites for you.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:44 pm
Looking forward to this league. Especially the defense and divisons. Good luck in the draft folks
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:14 pm
For TMC not being there, he did pretty nice. Having Ryan Grant and Reggie Bush as his starting RBs, hurts him substantially, though. He needs to drop basically every one on his defense and add new ones. And his bench is actually pretty weak.

Pawno did pretty well. He has a nice solid team.

Mr. Crackerz has a real solid team as well. His WRs need help, though.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:26 pm
xbay wrote:For TMC not being there, he did pretty nice. Having Ryan Grant and Reggie Bush as his starting RBs, hurts him substantially, though. He needs to drop basically every one on his defense and add new ones. And his bench is actually pretty weak.

Yep, I'm gonna fix the D and try to make a few trades later on to improve the bench. But it was decent considering that it was an auto-draft. I'm not too disappointed.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:01 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:For TMC not being there, he did pretty nice. Having Ryan Grant and Reggie Bush as his starting RBs, hurts him substantially, though. He needs to drop basically every one on his defense and add new ones. And his bench is actually pretty weak.

Yep, I'm gonna fix the D and try to make a few trades later on to improve the bench. But it was decent considering that it was an auto-draft. I'm not too disappointed.

A lot of people that were there drafting were surprised when you picked up both Fitzgerald and CJ with your first two picks. They were like... he's going to regret not having RBs. McNabb was probably your best pick after all the craziness of your first few rounds of auto-drafting. Of course, I had to tell them you lived in Spain, so it would of been much different had you been present at the draft.

And there were a few people bashing you for picking up Dwayne Bowe, too.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:17 am
xbay wrote:A lot of people that were there drafting were surprised when you picked up both Fitzgerald and CJ with your first two picks. They were like... he's going to regret not having RBs. McNabb was probably your best pick after all the craziness of your first few rounds of auto-drafting. Of course, I had to tell them you lived in Spain, so it would of been much different had you been present at the draft.

And there were a few people bashing you for picking up Dwayne Bowe, too.

I've got absolutely no problem with Fitz and CJ as my first picks. RBs early are pretty overrated, because you can find good RBs later, and there's always a gem or two available in the later rounds. McNabb is also a good pick, if you ask me.

And I'm not thrilled about Bowe, but it could have been much, much worse.

With that said, the D is gonna kill me, as the top players ain't available anymore.

And the RBs are also gonna hurt me a lot, to be honest. As I said, I've got no problem with my top picks not being RBs, but I certainly would have picked differently after Fitz and CJ.

All in all, I think it's a pretty poor draft for me. The top picks were decent, the middle and later ones suck.

Expect a flurry of trades (Pawno has one proposal already).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:45 am
expect several drops from me too... my team has good pieces, and i think MJD at three is a steal. got a sure thing in Willis (barring injury). but i have weak TE (thats why i got 2... for now) and young WR's. Expect plenty of changes for me to feel comfortable. lots of drops.

i thought broncos had the best draft... dude was on it from the first pick to the last. unbelievable. everytime he picked someone up, i was like, "why didn't i see that". True pro.

my brother and his buddies has pretty bad teams (aka the washington nationals division). My buddy "roar" always has the first pick, and overall drafted decently... 4 straight years with the top pick. This was the first, however, he didnt draft LT.

My buddy "pakiballa" didn't make the draft, as he was in yosemete with his family, but he has a very solid team. sure couple surprises because of the auto draft, but pretty good.

My cousin "toros" doesnt know much about football (he's a basketball nut... dubs fan too... surprise he's not a member of this site)... anyways, his team is ok.

SHOULD BE FUN TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:46 pm
It's not every day u get offers u can't refuse. But that's how we <Pawno n Ozbeans> felt when we got Kurt Warner n Tony G for aaron Rodgers. Our teams definately got deeper and Kurt Warner has a big question mark with his health. But if he gets thru 16 games with the amount of talent in that cardinals lockerroom then it's definately a no brainer. . . . . . YO mr C. Will be looking for some form of trade now with our depth at Te. If ur keen make some Our2forYour1 type trades. . . . By the way. OZbeans is my teams offcoordinator and like Al Davis i'll be taking care of the D. . . . . .thanks Mr C. By far the fantasy league i'm looking most forward to competing in this year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:18 pm
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:It's not every day u get offers u can't refuse. But that's how we <Pawno n Ozbeans> felt when we got Kurt Warner n Tony G for aaron Rodgers. Our teams definately got deeper and Kurt Warner has a big question mark with his health. But if he gets thru 16 games with the amount of talent in that cardinals lockerroom then it's definately a no brainer. . . . . . YO mr C. Will be looking for some form of trade now with our depth at Te. If ur keen make some Our2forYour1 type trades. . . . By the way. OZbeans is my teams offcoordinator and like Al Davis i'll be taking care of the D. . . . . .thanks Mr C. By far the fantasy league i'm looking most forward to competing in this year.

oh man... when my brother told me via text that the first trade on our league already went through, i thought to myself "which one of his stupid friends (either str8r1ppin or Moose Knuckles) just made a stupid trade... congrats pawno, u won round one on the taking candy from a baby contest. round 2 tomorrow.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:12 pm
Honestly. If things pan out aaron Rodgers could have a big season. Greg Jennings and Donald Driver is like a poor mans version of larry fitz n Boldin. But there's one thing going against the Packers and that is the 2 games against Minesota. I don't like the fact that in those 2 games now that Brett Favre is one of the games great 3rd down converter. Even though teams usually have a field day passing the ball against Minesota D. I don't expect that opponents of Minesota will have the ball in there hands for long with Ad running down there throats and Favre converting on 3rd downs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:31 pm
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:By far the fantasy league i'm looking most forward to competing in this year.

Not me. I'l do my best, but I officially oppose any kind of league with auto-drafting. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:24 pm
I'm open for trades, guys. Send some offers my way (and they better include a RB, at least). :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:18 pm
Yo mr c. Shoot us some trades for tight ends. Ur weak there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 pm
friday afternoon i should be free... my time, not u foreign folks.... so until then, i am busy with meetings and orientations... so in 2 days, i promise u both "amazing" trades
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum