Calbert Back!

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:53 pm
"We're really fortunate to have an individual the caliber of Calbert Cheaney return to our organization as a member of our basketball operations staff," Warriors general manager Larry Riley said. "Throughout his NBA career, Calbert was regarded as a consummate professional and one of the classiest individuals in the game. We look forward to his contributions and the positive impact he will have on our players and our organization overall."

http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/nban ... eID=262975

Maybe he's our beef?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:28 pm
I always had this feeling he'd return to the organization as a member of the front office or so.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:29 pm
Hes a smart, well thought out guy.................he wont fit in. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:30 pm
bigstrads wrote:Hes a smart, well thought out guy.................he wont fit in. :wink:

lol

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 pm
...I thought that said Tolbert for a sec.....thank god
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:40 pm
And his job will be...?????? Because "special assistant" doesn't ring a bell right now...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:12 am
TMC wrote:And his job will be...?????? Because "special assistant" doesn't ring a bell right now...

pretty sure Heather Hunter played that very role in most of her films
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 am
TMC wrote:And his job will be...?????? Because "special assistant" doesn't ring a bell right now...

Well Mitch was hired as a "Special Assistant"..............but now hes listed as a scout.

I think its just when they hire someone, especially a player taking up his first front office role, who doesnt or hasnt got a defined/obvious role or skill set.

So I suppose they try them out and see where they are best suited..............then slowly mould them into whatever they want and then label them that.

I imagine Calbert would either be a scout or a player development guy.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:45 am
bigstrads wrote:

Well Mitch was hired as a "Special Assistant"..............but now hes listed as a scout.

I think its just when they hire someone, especially a player taking up his first front office role, who doesnt or hasnt got a defined/obvious role or skill set.

So I suppose they try them out and see where they are best suited..............then slowly mould them into whatever they want and then label them that.

Maybe Nellie is going the way of the NFL coach, Smart is his Defensive Coordinator and Calbert will be the Offensive Coordinator.

Calbert was a great guy and a great player, mostly before arriving in GS....but its good to see him become part of the orginazation.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 am
Quazza wrote:

I think only you and I remember Heather Hunter. Yum, yum, what a fox!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:09 am
bigstrads wrote:

We would be better off if he played small forward.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:36 am
Just some random crap... I remember fellow goldenstwarriors.com member, chrismullin17gs nicknamed Calbert as "Diarrhea Gum" because he always used to chew gum during games and have a face like the gum tasted like diarrhea.

Haha! Oh man... I'm making myself laugh over here!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:47 am
Josh Jamison wrote:Just some random crap... I remember fellow goldenstwarriors.com member, chrismullin17gs nicknamed Calbert as "Diarrhea Gum" because he always used to chew gum during games and have a face like the gum tasted like diarrhea.

How does diarrhea taste?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:05 am
The Coooach wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:Just some random crap... I remember fellow goldenstwarriors.com member, chrismullin17gs nicknamed Calbert as "Diarrhea Gum" because he always used to chew gum during games and have a face like the gum tasted like diarrhea.

How does diarrhea taste?

Don't know... Ask Calbert... He may know.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:40 am
The Coooach wrote:
Quazza wrote:

I think only you and I remember Heather Hunter. Yum, yum, what a fox!

Ohh man, she was one of the first..........errr.........."stars"..............that I...............errrr..............came across on my first internet travels.

FIIIIIINNNNNEEEE!!!!!!

Although maybe Quaz meant Holly Hunter, the actress..............and me and Reg are just dirty pervs! :mrgreen:
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum