Video Game Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:09 am
mine was the dvd drive, decided not to go through microsoft, took it to play n trade and almost took a month. My cousin had the same problem, went through microsoft , got it back in 5 days. But the freezing thing is probably because when you get RROD you usually get a refurb, and not your own console back. sucks, i'd probably have a PS3 if it weren't for the people i play with owning a 360.

oh and James, Modern Warfare 2 looks awesome.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 am
I think Im gonna take it to Game Crazy, since it doesnt always freeze and trade it in towards a PS3. Hopefully it will work for the few minutes that they test it and I will be in the clear.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:43 pm
I've been a PS3 guy since day one, and have never had any problems with it and recommend it over the 360 to anyone that isn't tech savvy.

I recently received 2 broke 360s and actually got one of them to work by swapping the dvd drives. I just finished modding (flashing) the drive so I can play copied games (backups).

I'm now repairing 2 of my friends' 360s (one with 3 red lights (rrod) and one is destroying game discs) and have instantly become people's go to guy when it comes to all things 360.

I'm not patting myself on the back but rather trying to explain how easy and simple it is to fix/mod 360s (granted that the system is repairable). All of the info is out there on the www just google your problem and bite the bullet. If your machine is out of warranty then have no fear of opening you 360, JUST DO IT!

The freezing problem is probably due to heat issues - it doesn't take long for a PC or 360 to heat up. If you can send the 360 back to M$ if not then you could try getting a inter cooler. The problem with inter coolers is that they draw power from the 360's power supply and at times could cause other devices to fail due to the lack of power. I recommend (if it is a heat issue and you are a little tech savvy) you could try replacing the inside fans and cleaning out your 360. You'll void any warranty you have by opening the machine and could damage it further if your not careful.

If it isn't a heat issue then your GPU might be failing, in this case M$ is your only option.

Before you trade in your machine for less than half it's value do some research, your might be able to fix it yourself.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:50 pm
JREED23 wrote:I've been a PS3 guy since day one, and have never had any problems with it and recommend it over the 360 to anyone that isn't tech savvy.

I recently received 2 broke 360s and actually got one of them to work by swapping the dvd drives. I just finished modding (flashing) the drive so I can play copied games (backups).

I'm now repairing 2 of my friends' 360s (one with 3 red lights (rrod) and one is destroying game discs) and have instantly become people's go to guy when it comes to all things 360.

I'm not patting myself on the back but rather trying to explain how easy and simple it is to fix/mod 360s (granted that the system is repairable). All of the info is out there on the www just google your problem and bite the bullet. If your machine is out of warranty then have no fear of opening you 360, JUST DO IT!

The freezing problem is probably due to heat issues - it doesn't take long for a PC or 360 to heat up. If you can send the 360 back to M$ if not then you could try getting a inter cooler. The problem with inter coolers is that they draw power from the 360's power supply and at times could cause other devices to fail due to the lack of power. I recommend (if it is a heat issue and you are a little tech savvy) you could try replacing the inside fans and cleaning out your 360. You'll void any warranty you have by opening the machine and could damage it further if your not careful.

If it isn't a heat issue then your GPU might be failing, in this case M$ is your only option.

Before you trade in your machine for less than half it's value do some research, your might be able to fix it yourself.

Hey JREED, what method you using to fix the RROD? I have one i'm about to work on, and i looked up the X clamp stuff. The dvd stuff is simple, and i should have replaced my own. Even if you don't know computers you can replace the board in the drive with your old one and you won't need to flash it. Won't work for Burned games but would get the box workin like new again. Hitachi drives are like 40 bucks on ebay.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:58 pm
@rob, damn this is a late reply but x-clamp is the way to go. I'm pretty sure it's the only real permanent fix check this out >http://www.x-clamp-fix.com/catalog/product_info.php?info=p5_X-Clamp-Fix-DIY-Kit.html I'm pretty sure they tell you where to buy the screws n stuff. I'm pretty sure thats the guide I used.

You don't actually have to get another hitachi (they suck), you can spoof a benq drive and they are much better drives. I haven't done this yet myself but next time i run into a bad hitachi, i'm going to.

Edit: just search for 360 benq drive on ebay, they are only like $20 or so.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:09 pm
anybody get the new Madden? I buy it almost every year and usually only play a few times and get rid of it, or let it collect dust. Im going to try to hold off this year. One question though, for those who may have bought it this morning or last night at midnite...can you run the wildcat?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:11 pm
"Always" Next wrote:anybody get the new Madden? I buy it almost every year and usually only play a few times and get rid of it, or let it collect dust. Im going to try to hold off this year. One question though, for those who may have bought it this morning or last night at midnite...can you run the wildcat?

I just got mine off ebay, but won't get it til next week. I got it mostly for the online franchise.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:15 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:anybody get the new Madden? I buy it almost every year and usually only play a few times and get rid of it, or let it collect dust. Im going to try to hold off this year. One question though, for those who may have bought it this morning or last night at midnite...can you run the wildcat?

I just got mine off ebay, but won't get it til next week. I got it mostly for the online franchise.

i have never played online....how are the sports games usually online? i lack the attention span to play any of the stuff like COD and shyt like that.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:18 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

i have never played online....how are the sports games usually online? i lack the attention span to play any of the stuff like COD and shyt like that.

well..... playing with people you know is great. Every game has loads of shitheads that play like little bitches. In sports games, the games are so good that you can play a realistic style of game but people find exploits and as soon as they do it is on youtube and everybody does anything to win. EVERY SPORTS GAME! Shooting games, its similar, it's fun but maddening at times. It's always good to play online with or againts people you actually know.

For the online franchise, i like it because i'm gonna play against my brother, he's a raider fan and i'm a niner fan and we'll go through the season, scout players , draft againts each other and see who builds better teams. At least that's what i'm hoping for.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:28 pm
that soudns pretty cool.....so you do all of the leg work, but are you actually playing your season against the computer, or do you have lots of opponents that you play your weekly games against.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:33 pm
"Always" Next wrote:that soudns pretty cool.....so you do all of the leg work, but are you actually playing your season against the computer, or do you have lots of opponents that you play your weekly games against.

yeah, you play it just like you would offline but you have other people in the same franchise. You play them if their team is on your schedule. I'm not sure how many users you can have but I always liked the building the team aspect of madden. I always liked getting through the season just to get to the draft. lol
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:38 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:that soudns pretty cool.....so you do all of the leg work, but are you actually playing your season against the computer, or do you have lots of opponents that you play your weekly games against.

yeah, you play it just like you would offline but you have other people in the same franchise. You play them if their team is on your schedule. I'm not sure how many users you can have but I always liked the building the team aspect of madden. I always liked getting through the season just to get to the draft. lol

right on, I have always avoided playing sports games online because I thought there would be nothing but dipshits trying to cheeseball through the season.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:40 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

right on, I have always avoided playing sports games online because I thought there would be nothing but dipshits trying to cheeseball through the season.

well that's exactly what i experienced in EASHL (NHL09) basically people cheesin it in every game and talkin **** to you like they are gods of gaming. Also in Fight night where i had a good fight going and the guy decides to head butt me repeatedly to score a knockdown. Typically, when playing with strangers its awful (except for the times you find good honest people that enjoy actual competition). This is different though.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:43 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

well that's exactly what i experienced in EASHL (NHL09) basically people cheesin it in every game and talkin **** to you like they are gods of gaming. Also in Fight night where i had a good fight going and the guy decides to head butt me repeatedly to score a knockdown. Typically, when playing with strangers its awful (except for the times you find good honest people that enjoy actual competition). This is different though.

Im halfway sold on the idea of getting Madden. Thanks Rob!!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:06 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Im halfway sold on the idea of getting Madden. Thanks Rob!!

haha not tryin to be a salesman, but why not give it a shot.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum