*OFFICIAL 2009 Free Agent and Trade Movement Thread*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Starting Lineup
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: San Jose, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:07 am
Quazza wrote:we'll get him next to provide that "beef" nelriley is looking for


Haha Q-Rich at PF? I wouldn't put it past our management.

"We feel that Richardson provides great leadership and depth at the PF spot. Also, I hear that Nellie wants to give him some looks at the 5, which we are all very excited about"- Riley, two weeks from now.

Haha.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:45 pm
The Cavaliers have signed guard Rob Kurz to a non-guaranteed deal...
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Starting Lineup
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: San Jose, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:05 am
first off wrote:The Cavaliers have signed guard Rob Kurz to a non-guaranteed deal...


Guard??
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:22 pm
Anyone spot old Average Joe "I was picked ahead of Kevin Garnett" Smith signing for the Hawks?

Nice little back up big man for them.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:18 pm
Sessions is spoken for. wonder if he will live up to all the hype.
realGM wrote:Sessions has agreed to sign an offer sheet with the Timberwolves at $16 million over four years...
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:59 pm
first off wrote:Sessions is spoken for. wonder if he will live up to all the hype.
realGM wrote:Sessions has agreed to sign an offer sheet with the Timberwolves at $16 million over four years...



for 4 mill a year? Fk i reckon that's great value for him.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:55 am
Quazza wrote:
first off wrote:Sessions is spoken for. wonder if he will live up to all the hype.
realGM wrote:Sessions has agreed to sign an offer sheet with the Timberwolves at $16 million over four years...



for 4 mill a year? Fk i reckon that's great value for him.


Me too. Although I really don't get it from Sessions point of view. He goes to a team in which Flynn is gonna get all the chances to succeed over him (let's be honest, nobody wants their high draft picks to look bad) and he goes to Minny for less than the MLE.

It's going to be a loooooong four years, particularly if Rubio finally goes there in 2011 (if Ricky's not traded, that is). Sessions' probably gonna be traded before his contract ends.



Although we have to keep in mind that it's just an offer sheet, so Milwaukee has seven days to match. And, for that amount, I'd certainly do it. The Bucks surely won't match, tho. Not with Ridnour and Jennings on the team.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:18 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:
first off wrote:Sessions is spoken for. wonder if he will live up to all the hype.
realGM wrote:Sessions has agreed to sign an offer sheet with the Timberwolves at $16 million over four years...



for 4 mill a year? Fk i reckon that's great value for him.


Me too. Although I really don't get it from Sessions point of view. He goes to a team in which Flynn is gonna get all the chances to succeed over him (let's be honest, nobody wants their high draft picks to look bad) and he goes to Minny for less than the MLE.

It's going to be a loooooong four years, particularly if Rubio finally goes there in 2011 (if Ricky's not traded, that is). Sessions' probably gonna be traded before his contract ends.



Although we have to keep in mind that it's just an offer sheet, so Milwaukee has seven days to match. And, for that amount, I'd certainly do it. The Bucks surely won't match, tho. Not with Ridnour and Jennings on the team.



I agree. Not only is Sessions somewhat stupid in going to Minnesota, where he is likely not going to get the chance to flourish as starting PG, but I really don't understand why other teams didn't throw at least the MLE at him, he is a pretty good PG that showed spurts of real top 10 PG play more than once in his career so far. The Warriors have Curry and Monta, but I'd rather have Sessions here and trade Monta along with either SJack or Maggette for real good player or something and have Curry and Sessions play the PG spot.Yea that puts Sessions in a similar position than what he's in right now, but the point of view is the team's one, getting great value for a good PG.

Be interesting if SJack is traded now and his value would have taken a dive moreso after talking about wanting out
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:05 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:
first off wrote:Sessions is spoken for. wonder if he will live up to all the hype.
realGM wrote:Sessions has agreed to sign an offer sheet with the Timberwolves at $16 million over four years...



for 4 mill a year? Fk i reckon that's great value for him.


Me too. Although I really don't get it from Sessions point of view. He goes to a team in which Flynn is gonna get all the chances to succeed over him (let's be honest, nobody wants their high draft picks to look bad) and he goes to Minny for less than the MLE.

It's going to be a loooooong four years, particularly if Rubio finally goes there in 2011 (if Ricky's not traded, that is). Sessions' probably gonna be traded before his contract ends.



Although we have to keep in mind that it's just an offer sheet, so Milwaukee has seven days to match. And, for that amount, I'd certainly do it. The Bucks surely won't match, tho. Not with Ridnour and Jennings on the team.



I agree. Not only is Sessions somewhat stupid in going to Minnesota, where he is likely not going to get the chance to flourish as starting PG, but I really don't understand why other teams didn't throw at least the MLE at him, he is a pretty good PG that showed spurts of real top 10 PG play more than once in his career so far. The Warriors have Curry and Monta, but I'd rather have Sessions here and trade Monta along with either SJack or Maggette for real good player or something and have Curry and Sessions play the PG spot.Yea that puts Sessions in a similar position than what he's in right now, but the point of view is the team's one, getting great value for a good PG.

Be interesting if SJack is traded now and his value would have taken a dive moreso after talking about wanting out



seems to be the year for it though doesn't it. I mean It speaks volumes when dudes like David Lee and Ray Felton don't even it have offers.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:37 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:
first off wrote:Sessions is spoken for. wonder if he will live up to all the hype.
realGM wrote:Sessions has agreed to sign an offer sheet with the Timberwolves at $16 million over four years...



for 4 mill a year? Fk i reckon that's great value for him.


Me too. Although I really don't get it from Sessions point of view. He goes to a team in which Flynn is gonna get all the chances to succeed over him (let's be honest, nobody wants their high draft picks to look bad) and he goes to Minny for less than the MLE.

It's going to be a loooooong four years, particularly if Rubio finally goes there in 2011 (if Ricky's not traded, that is). Sessions' probably gonna be traded before his contract ends.



Although we have to keep in mind that it's just an offer sheet, so Milwaukee has seven days to match. And, for that amount, I'd certainly do it. The Bucks surely won't match, tho. Not with Ridnour and Jennings on the team.



I agree. Not only is Sessions somewhat stupid in going to Minnesota, where he is likely not going to get the chance to flourish as starting PG, but I really don't understand why other teams didn't throw at least the MLE at him, he is a pretty good PG that showed spurts of real top 10 PG play more than once in his career so far. The Warriors have Curry and Monta, but I'd rather have Sessions here and trade Monta along with either SJack or Maggette for real good player or something and have Curry and Sessions play the PG spot.Yea that puts Sessions in a similar position than what he's in right now, but the point of view is the team's one, getting great value for a good PG.

Be interesting if SJack is traded now and his value would have taken a dive moreso after talking about wanting out



seems to be the year for it though doesn't it. I mean It speaks volumes when dudes like David Lee and Ray Felton don't even it have offers.


Well, it's all due to next year's free agency crop. Every single team with cap space doesn't want to mess it up signing a good player for too much money, hoping they'll be able to have a chance at the top free agents during next offseason (see NY, Miami, Chicago...). Other's just doesn't have enough appeal for those guys or have those positions already covered (see Memphis).

Also, spending a lot of cash in a one year wonder ain't easy. After an encore, most teams won't have as many concerns going after a guy like David Lee (I wouldn't, but I definitely get it from those teams point of view).

And keep in mind those two guys you were talking about are restricted, so nobody is gonna sign them to a long MLE deal that NY or Charlotte will match (although in Lee's case, I think he won't take that deal, as he knows he'll get a lot more next year).

I think Lee will sign a pretty fat deal next offseason. Felton is in a tougher position... but he should be in that second tier of free next year's free agency that should land him a pretty decent deal as well.

Just a bad year for them, but I blame next year's free agency more than any other reason.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:47 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:
first off wrote:Sessions is spoken for. wonder if he will live up to all the hype.
realGM wrote:Sessions has agreed to sign an offer sheet with the Timberwolves at $16 million over four years...



for 4 mill a year? Fk i reckon that's great value for him.


Me too. Although I really don't get it from Sessions point of view. He goes to a team in which Flynn is gonna get all the chances to succeed over him (let's be honest, nobody wants their high draft picks to look bad) and he goes to Minny for less than the MLE.

It's going to be a loooooong four years, particularly if Rubio finally goes there in 2011 (if Ricky's not traded, that is). Sessions' probably gonna be traded before his contract ends.



Although we have to keep in mind that it's just an offer sheet, so Milwaukee has seven days to match. And, for that amount, I'd certainly do it. The Bucks surely won't match, tho. Not with Ridnour and Jennings on the team.



I agree. Not only is Sessions somewhat stupid in going to Minnesota, where he is likely not going to get the chance to flourish as starting PG, but I really don't understand why other teams didn't throw at least the MLE at him, he is a pretty good PG that showed spurts of real top 10 PG play more than once in his career so far. The Warriors have Curry and Monta, but I'd rather have Sessions here and trade Monta along with either SJack or Maggette for real good player or something and have Curry and Sessions play the PG spot.Yea that puts Sessions in a similar position than what he's in right now, but the point of view is the team's one, getting great value for a good PG.

Be interesting if SJack is traded now and his value would have taken a dive moreso after talking about wanting out



seems to be the year for it though doesn't it. I mean It speaks volumes when dudes like David Lee and Ray Felton don't even it have offers.


Well, it's all due to next year's free agency crop. Every single team with cap space doesn't want to mess it up signing a good player for too much money, hoping they'll be able to have a chance at the top free agents during next offseason (see NY, Miami, Chicago...). Other's just doesn't have enough appeal for those guys or have those positions already covered (see Memphis).

Also, spending a lot of cash in a one year wonder ain't easy. After an encore, most teams won't have as many concerns going after a guy like David Lee (I wouldn't, but I definitely get it from those teams point of view).

And keep in mind those two guys you were talking about are restricted, so nobody is gonna sign them to a long MLE deal that NY or Charlotte will match (although in Lee's case, I think he won't take that deal, as he knows he'll get a lot more next year).

I think Lee will sign a pretty fat deal next offseason. Felton is in a tougher position... but he should be in that second tier of free next year's free agency that should land him a pretty decent deal as well.

Just a bad year for them, but I blame next year's free agency more than any other reason.



Definately strange to see such good players not get offers. How about Iverson not having a team yet and possibly going to Memphis for less than 5 million. Who would have thought that of the long time star
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 pm
Joe Johnson has just turned down an extension from the ATL hawks to hit FA next year.

oh man, If we could get rid of jack for an expirer, and either get cohan to spend lux tax cash, or give up one more player for an expiring this year....

do all that, then sign Joe Johnson... oh man, that would be so fvckin awesome.

Monta
JJ
Maggs or Azu
AR
AB

oh man, would never happen I'm sure
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Previous

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron