When I'm King...

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:23 pm
If I ever was king or my take on things was followed:

I'd get rid of all governments as they are and the organisation of humanity will be less material and according to ones attitude and deeds.

Business and corporations of all kinds would end. Production of any goods would be a society based role, with those wanting the particular goods involved in the decision making.

The clock and time would not be our enemy, used against us as currently is. Time would be working for us.

Everyone would have a right to their opinion and would express it compassionately, with no intent to hurt. Noone would take offense of anyone else's opinion, as the opinion would not be destructive and any interpreted "criticism" would be light and totally constructive.

Everyone would be self sufficient in the basic necessities, such as power, water and food. Power being of a renewable source, like cold fusion or magnetic based, as has been discovered and developed by a few individuals already. Water attained from the air, from water vapour, with simple, yet effective filters to clean the water. Water, if not enough from water vapour, also attained from underground water, with everyone having a water bore if possible in their area.

Everyone, if they choose, would spend part of their time at school, with a respectful atmosphere, not the teacher dictates everything and treats you like you are less than them. Such school is where various subjects and courses are taught, with the fun that was found in primary/high school still existing, as work life for almost everyone is far less enjoyable than school life was.

The truth on everything known, never any minipulated lies created and told. Truth about the past, present, even the future (if possible) known

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:48 pm
migya wrote:If I ever was king or my take on things was followed:

I'd get rid of all governments as they are and the organisation of humanity will be less material and according to ones attitude and deeds.

Business and corporations of all kinds would end. Production of any goods would be a society based role, with those wanting the particular goods involved in the decision making.

The clock and time would not be our enemy, used against us as currently is. Time would be working for us.

Everyone would have a right to their opinion and would express it compassionately, with no intent to hurt. Noone would take offense of anyone else's opinion, as the opinion would not be destructive and any interpreted "criticism" would be light and totally constructive.

Everyone would be self sufficient in the basic necessities, such as power, water and food. Power being of a renewable source, like cold fusion or magnetic based, as has been discovered and developed by a few individuals already. Water attained from the air, from water vapour, with simple, yet effective filters to clean the water. Water, if not enough from water vapour, also attained from underground water, with everyone having a water bore if possible in their area.

Everyone, if they choose, would spend part of their time at school, with a respectful atmosphere, not the teacher dictates everything and treats you like you are less than them. Such school is where various subjects and courses are taught, with the fun that was found in primary/high school still existing, as work life for almost everyone is far less enjoyable than school life was.

The truth on everything known, never any minipulated lies created and told. Truth about the past, present, even the future (if possible) known

Ever read Locke's Second Treatise of Government?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:54 am
Captain_Jack wrote:

I'm not really down with John Lockes tribe.

I doubt his the secret holder of the key to Island.

Everything comes thru the character Hurley...

Anyways BTW Captain Jack... Your not gonna be in the Bay Area in September cause your going to Hawaii.... When were you going to let us know you scored a role as a Log Carryer on the new series :D

Or i'll probably just be reading a newspaper headline sometime between Sept 14 thru to 28 that a crazy Bay Area Ginga has been charged with kidnapping the LOST Character KATE and stepping into the role of Freckles just so she could get worked over by guys like DR Jack and Sawyer :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:07 am
Captain_Jack wrote:

No I haven't, but will probably look it up tonight

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:04 am
When I am king, people will be required to actually read bills before Congress before they become hysterically against them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:50 pm
Jackattack wrote:When I am king, people will be required to actually read bills before Congress before they become hysterically against them.

:D :D :D

haven't you heard, Jack? With Obama Care, you can now get sex changes whenever and where ever you want. OH and anyone over 70 years old will be left to die. because under obama care, sex changes are more important than our grandparents :roll: :roll: :roll:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:15 pm
migya wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

No I haven't, but will probably look it up tonight

You DEFINITELY should, actually everyone definitely should. It is the foundation of democracy.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:35 pm
When I am the Benevolent King, I'll tell you all what you need to know, when you need to know it, in order to carry out your instructions.

I will delegate authority so I don't have to spend too much time dictating stuff, so tedious, and so that when things go wrong I can blame others.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:13 pm
When I'm in charge, the phrase "he needs the ball in his hands to be effective" will be punishable by death. it's just a stupid phrase some TVA or bball pundit came up with when he was running out of stuff to say.

Pretty much every player now a days needs the ball in his hands to be effective, unless they are a pure defensive stopper/rebounder/low post enforcer. Ben Wallace, Bruce Bowen, Matt Barnes, and Kendrick Perkins maybe truly fit this mold. they are a dying breed.

particularly when you say a SHOOTING GUARD doesn't need the ball to be effective, it just directly contradicts the job of a shooting guard. death by guillotine
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:14 pm
When I am King... jet packs for everyone!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:40 pm
first off wrote:When I'm in charge, the phrase "he needs the ball in his hands to be effective" will be punishable by death. it's just a stupid phrase some TVA or bball pundit came up with when he was running out of stuff to say.

Pretty much every player now a days needs the ball in his hands to be effective, unless they are a pure defensive stopper/rebounder/low post enforcer. Ben Wallace, Bruce Bowen, Matt Barnes, and Kendrick Perkins maybe truly fit this mold. they are a dying breed.

particularly when you say a SHOOTING GUARD doesn't need the ball to be effective, it just directly contradicts the job of a shooting guard. death by guillotine

Not sure I completely agree with that. If you watch TODAY's game, yes, I agree with you. It is the "Iverson-izing" of basketball.

Moving without the ball and setting up your defenders on screens is a completely lost art in the league. But guys like Reggie Miller and Chris Mullin are perfect examples of guys that did not need the ball in their hands to create shots.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:17 am
Chum wrote:When I am King... jet packs for everyone!

guess you should get out your checkbook. I think they cost more than a loaf of bread.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TBndcBjQFM[/youtube]

supposedly these are "idiot-proof" and if you take your hands of the controls you just hover. you also only need 72hrs of training before you can fly it!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum