*OFFICIAL 2009 Free Agent and Trade Movement Thread*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 am
first off wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4361334

I like Okafor over Chandler, although I don't know if Okafor is mobile enough to really use CP3 to full effect. don't get me wrong, he'll be better with CP3, but it's just like how Nash and shaq never really worked cause they were playing at two different speeds, same deal for Oak and CP3 (I think).

If the hornets could only get rid of peja they'd be in real good shape.

Chandler will sink well below mediocrity now that he's on the Bobcats.

Im sure he will..............how the hell else is he going to score his 5/6 buckets per game, without using Paul to get those dry ass boring oops?
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:37 pm
Watson has signed with the pacers...... no the other one.

espn.com wrote: The Indiana Pacers have signed free-agent guard Earl Watson to a multiyear contract.

Sources with knowledge of the contract told ESPN.com that Watson received a one-year deal worth $2.8 million.

The 6-foot-1 veteran was waived earlier this month by Oklahoma City. He also has played with Seattle, Memphis and Denver in eight NBA seasons.

Watson adds depth to an Indiana team that has already lost one guard, Jarrett Jack, in free agency and is likely to lose another, Marquis Daniels, this offseason. Last week, the Pacers declined to match Toronto's $20 million offer sheet for Jack. Daniels' agent has said he is heading to Boston.

Watson has averaged 7.3 points and 4.6 assists over his career, including 6.6 points and 5.8 assists last season for the Thunder.

Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.com senior NBA writer Marc Stein was used in this report.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:37 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtGGd3nh1TcaV9.uZYTT7n.8vLYF?slug=aw-belinelli072909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sources: Raptors nab Belinelli

After failing to meet the initial expectations that surrounded his arrival as a first-round pick two years ago, the Golden State Warriors have traded guard Marco Belinelli(notes) to the Toronto Raptors, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday night.

The Raptors will send Devean George(notes) to the Warriors.

Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo and his assistant GM, Maurizio Gherardini, have long been admirers of Belinelli and tried to draft him in 2007. The Warriors selected the Italian guard with the 18th pick of the draft, and a sensational debut in that year’s summer league led everyone, including Golden State coach Don Nelson, to believe Belinelli had a promising future in the free-flowing Warriors offense. Yet, he played little a rookie, and although Belinelli averaged over 20 minutes and nearly nine points a game last season, the Warriors clearly lost some faith in his future.

Belinelli joins a Raptors roster that is fascinated with the European player. He’ll join fellow Italian Andrea Bargnani(notes) (Italy), guard Jose Calderon(notes) (Spain) and Hedo Turkoglu(notes) (Turkey), among others, with Toronto.

George, 31, arrived in Toronto this summer as part of the Shawn Marion(notes) sign-and-trade with Dallas. He averaged 3.4 points a game for the Mavericks a year ago. George played seven seasons with the Lakers, before joining Dallas in 2006.

They don't use the guy, he does show ability in the few chances he had and they trade him for a guy that really doesn't ad much to the team, except maybe some defense and will only take minutes away from others.

On another note, Hawks apparently signed Marvin Williams to 5 years at 40 million

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:29 pm
devean george?!?!! I HATE that guy!...

but i guess a SF with some sort of defense at only 1.6mil isnt bad...i hope he changes my mind about him this season. if not...it helped us lower our cap.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:12 pm
Odom re-signs with the Lakers. 4 years, 32 Mil, with the last year being a Lakers option.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:15 pm
Tarantism wrote:Odom re-signs with the Lakers. 4 years, 32 Mil, with the last year being a Lakers option.

Expected. I couldn't imagine him going anywhere else, even with the Heat entering the race and sending both Riley and Wade over there. He's going to take on 7 million a year now, instead of the 10-11 million he wanted. Honestly... that's a hell of a deal. Cause now he increases his chances of winning it all again and he increases the Lakers' chances of winning it all again.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:34 am
xbay wrote:
Tarantism wrote:Odom re-signs with the Lakers. 4 years, 32 Mil, with the last year being a Lakers option.

Expected. I couldn't imagine him going anywhere else, even with the Heat entering the race and sending both Riley and Wade over there. He's going to take on 7 million a year now, instead of the 10-11 million he wanted. Honestly... that's a hell of a deal. Cause now he increases his chances of winning it all again and he increases the Lakers' chances of winning it all again.

I really thought he'd go to the Heat and for a good 10 million a year. Heat needed him too

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:40 am
Marcus Williams has signed with the grizz
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:18 pm
damn, Olympiakos is signing Lineas Kleaza and Von Wafer. I heard they were trying to get Iverson too. I guess they have/want a pretty good team?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:39 pm
Also, Glen Davis remains a Celtic for the next two years, for "only" $6M, with one of those millions pending on meeting weight requirements.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:03 pm
Leon Powe is leaving the Celtics for the Cavs. He signed a two-year/$1.77 million contract. Of course, he won't be playing for a while, though, with his torn ligament in his knee. They said they don't expect him 'til February. So it's a good signing.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:32 pm
xbay wrote:Leon Powe is leaving the Celtics for the Cavs. He signed a two-year/$1.77 million contract. Of course, he won't be playing for a while, though, with his torn ligament in his knee. They said they don't expect him 'til February. So it's a good signing.

Great for him. Powe now will have a chance to play for a contender and, maybe, win a ring. He'll be able to stablish a name for himself for his next fee agency if he manages to stay healthy.

btw, it's a one year deal with a team option for a second one.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 pm
did u hear? another nba trade happen... and once again, it had to do with Quentin Richardson. Unbelievable.

SINCE THE END OF LAST SEASON:

Knicks > Grizzlies > Clippers > T-wolves > Heat > ???

Where will he go next?

(p.s. this reminds me of that kenny lofton commercial where he was moving all the time... i think it was with DHL)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:41 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:did u hear? another nba trade happen... and once again, it had to do with Quentin Richardson. Unbelievable.

SINCE THE END OF LAST SEASON:

Knicks > Grizzlies > Clippers > T-wolves > Heat > ???

Where will he go next?

(p.s. this reminds me of that kenny lofton commercial where he was moving all the time... i think it was with DHL)

Good for Richardson, as now he'll play for a playoff contender.

As for the trade itself, expirer for expirer. Minny saves a million or so. Meh.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:15 am
we'll get him next to provide that "beef" nelriley is looking for
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum