Call Of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 - My Few Days To Dominate

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:52 pm
Alrighty james, i guess there is a big spread upcoming in Game Informer magazine about MW2. I've seen some scans of the pages and it's seems good. They didn't talk much about multiplayer, but there are going to be missions in the water, in snow, caves... etc. Also there is gonna be an extra mode that is going to be missions like Mile High Club, but they don't fit into the story so it's another mode. I'm gonna check out that Game informer. Also Gametrailers has a quick video trailer.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:20 pm
Hey Robbo,

Got you message on Live man...............ohh god, I bought the maps today and have played them for about 4 hours total...............and Im done!!!

The camping is of PANDEMIC proportions, just ridiculous.............I mean, theres always a little too much when new maps come out but this is just ridiculous.

And of course, the maps themselves are just a campers dream, these developers just dont f*cking get it do they!!! IF YOU MAKE THE MAPS REALLY COMPLEX AND RANDOM, PEOPLE WILL PLAY THEM LIKE P*SSIES AND END UP HATING OUR GAME!!!

Anyway, if your going to get them man, I would hold off for abit, just until people actually get the stones to actually move around.

Overall I like them but the campers just ruin them of course. :evil:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:19 pm
bigstrads wrote:Hey Robbo,

Got you message on Live man...............ohh god, I bought the maps today and have played them for about 4 hours total...............and Im done!!!

The camping is of PANDEMIC proportions, just ridiculous.............I mean, theres always a little too much when new maps come out but this is just ridiculous.

And of course, the maps themselves are just a campers dream, these developers just dont f*cking get it do they!!! IF YOU MAKE THE MAPS REALLY COMPLEX AND RANDOM, PEOPLE WILL PLAY THEM LIKE P*SSIES AND END UP HATING OUR GAME!!!

Anyway, if your going to get them man, I would hold off for abit, just until people actually get the stones to actually move around.

Overall I like them but the campers just ruin them of course. :evil:

i got the maps the first day, and the maps themselves to me are amazing. I mean, you can't make maps just wide open arenas to stop camping. THat wouldn't have the right feel. But i noticed that too the first day, in fact we all noticed it and were so frustrated. I had some huge negative games the first night because I wes playing the game and exploring the maps at the same time but others were just sitting in corners. It's hard to play, so we switch over to zombies. And the new zombies is incredible. It really is, being able to switch building to building and it creates a great atmosphere.

One thing is that i noticed that every game is subject to this piss poor xbox live community. I'll give you an example. Two other games i play are UFC 2009 and NHL 09. UFC is really fun but you can basically screw the system to make fighters with 119 overall abilities (out of 100). Also, the leaderboards are stacked with people who get out of losses by disconnecting. That's right disconnects are not counted as losses, so some idiots keep a perfect record though they suck.

On to NHL, there is the greatest online feature to hit a sports game. EASHL. You create a club, and everybody on the club picks one position each club game. Up to 6 on 6 online. First of all, if you don't have a full team and you don't have a human goalie, there are exploits that are basically shots that go in 80% of the time if not blocked. THese aren't typically smart hockey plays, so playing the correct defense is not effective. SO the legit teams like us can work to get a few goals a game, yet the glitching teams will come right down and get a cheap goal. Sure we could learn the glitches but it's not fun and i play the game for fun!!!

Also, we work together well and put together a win...yay! right? well, there are two other glitches, one is a pause glitch that if not avoided right will nullify the game just played. Another is a disconnect glitch where the team disconnects yet gets a win! and all these idiots have the attitude that they are such great players.....

overall, the xbox live experience is hitting the shitter and it's only safe to play with friends. THe public gameplay is full of people that love to exploit the game. Hate the developers all you want but throwing a game to a million wolves will always yield more problems then what you can forsee in a test development environment.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:39 am
Damn, james, after you left our party i went on a 15-4 tear on S&D. Even got an artillery strike!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:45 am
RobDIKUM wrote:Damn, james, after you left our party i went on a 15-4 tear on S&D. Even got an artillery strike!

Nice one man! thats cuz I wasnt there to gobble up all the kills. :wink:

Love getting artillery on S&D, although I suppose it depends on the map.

I was thinking the other day............the max players you can get on a S&D team is 6 right.

Ive had games where Ive gone like 13-0 and what not, and my kill streak in S&D is 6.

Because that was me wiping out the entire team within one round, and then it was obviously reset for the next round, because I finished 13-0, with a kill streak of 6.

So, go to the top of the leaderboard, and youll see people with kills streaks in the 20's...............how is this possible?

I mean, even if the whole enemy team were there friends, and they let him kill them, it would still be a kill streak of 6 because of the re-set going round to round.

Plus, these guys arent those losers who obviously hack in and make their stats look crazy. They have normal looking KD ratios but just this kill streak that is impossible.

Any thoughts man?
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:59 am
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:Damn, james, after you left our party i went on a 15-4 tear on S&D. Even got an artillery strike!

Nice one man! thats cuz I wasnt there to gobble up all the kills. :wink:

Love getting artillery on S&D, although I suppose it depends on the map.

I was thinking the other day............the max players you can get on a S&D team is 6 right.

Ive had games where Ive gone like 13-0 and what not, and my kill streak in S&D is 6.

Because that was me wiping out the entire team within one round, and then it was obviously reset for the next round, because I finished 13-0, with a kill streak of 6.

So, go to the top of the leaderboard, and youll see people with kills streaks in the 20's...............how is this possible?

I mean, even if the whole enemy team were there friends, and they let him kill them, it would still be a kill streak of 6 because of the re-set going round to round.

Plus, these guys arent those losers who obviously hack in and make their stats look crazy. They have normal looking KD ratios but just this kill streak that is impossible.

Any thoughts man?

I have no idea bout that. That seems pretty impossible, unless the game didn't register your 13 kill streak. Even then it wouldn't make a ton of sense, if you have a kill streak in the 20's ,you're basically wiping out the whole team every match, which for a game win it would be 18. Seems impossible to me man. You would have to lose one of the first three with still killing at least half the other team.

Anyway, i'll probably play some search today as well, it's almost prestiging time for me!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:27 am
Ohh Rob...........man.

Bought the new maps, and they are cool as hell.............really good flow to them and most are circular.

However, of course, its camping time!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

F*cking ridiculous and makes me fell like I shoukdnt have bothered.

Ohh well, atleast with the Double XP I should finish this 10th prestige............think I might go back to COD4 when Im done. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:22 pm
bigstrads wrote:Ohh Rob...........man.

Bought the new maps, and they are cool as hell.............really good flow to them and most are circular.

Ohh well, atleast with the Double XP I should finish this 10th prestige............think I might go back to COD4 when Im done. :wink:

I like them a lot too. On Breach i was running around with a trench gun, there is a lot of cover, and good line of sight. Overall, really good maps. I've played the zombies a few times too, it's insane. I think i'm only on my 5th prestige. It's takin a while but it's been fun. When those maps are added to the playlist it'll make things much better.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:42 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:

I like them a lot too. On Breach i was running around with a trench gun, there is a lot of cover, and good line of sight. Overall, really good maps. I've played the zombies a few times too, it's insane. I think i'm only on my 5th prestige. It's takin a while but it's been fun. When those maps are added to the playlist it'll make things much better.

Yeah, the maps are great..............its just the same old story of how these complete faggots play them.

Ive just finished playing them for the like the last 2 hours, and I must say that my blood pressure feels like its rather high...............and my throat is saw from all the screaming.

But played abit of Search towards the end (dont think Im ever going to play TD again) and dominated some fools and got me some sweet ass points.

One game, was 11-1, with 2 plants and 1 difuse............. = 1879 XP! :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:48 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:

i'll be playing search tonight, hopefully will reach the next prestige soon. And yeah, it is the same old story with the maps. I noticed it a lot with the last Map pack release. Instead of these people learning the maps and exploring the ins and outs, they are not used to them so they sit in a corner and wait for you to run in front of them.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:42 pm
Yo Robbo,

Hows it swinging my man? hope your cool.

When we getting the Beta for 6? its what, October 4th today.............not long to go!

(Plus, Im going to be in England for its release aswell now, for a month we think, so I want to get some serious stuff going with it)
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:53 pm
bigstrads wrote:Yo Robbo,

When we getting the Beta for 6? its what, October 4th today.............not long to go!

(Plus, Im going to be in England for its release aswell now, for a month we think, so I want to get some serious stuff going with it)

Well i heard they won't be releasing one, so we'll have to wait for the release. I might be gettin a PS3 pretty soon. Had two Xbox's crap out over the week, and while i did fix them, i'm tired of the headaches they produce! so we'll see what happens next month.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:09 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:

Well i heard they won't be releasing one, so we'll have to wait for the release. I might be gettin a PS3 pretty soon. Had two Xbox's crap out over the week, and while i did fix them, i'm tired of the headaches they produce! so we'll see what happens next month.

Ahh man, your joing the Dark Side!?

I can understand though, especially if youve been through that kind of crap with Xbox.

Thats abit rubbish about the Beta..............ohh well.............my bad feeling about the game still persists, I just think its going to be WAY over the top and almost un-playable unless you are in an 8 strong clan.

We shall see though............and Ill get to see abit of it too before I come over..............then I can come round yours and watch you guys get you asses handed to you. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:18 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

I can understand though, especially if youve been through that kind of crap with Xbox.

Thats abit rubbish about the Beta..............ohh well.............my bad feeling about the game still persists, I just think its going to be WAY over the top and almost un-playable unless you are in an 8 strong clan.

We shall see though............and Ill get to see abit of it too before I come over..............then I can come round yours and watch you guys get you asses handed to you. :wink:

yeah it's more of a reliability issue. Plus PS3 has an exclusive MAG that may be really good. It's like COD but massive.

As for MW2 i'm impressed with what they've presented, but I worry about it being over the top as well. It's kind of weird about my xbox. I had the DVD drive issue that i sent in to get fixed, but never had the red rings. Then i go and fix an old one my brother had that was collecting dust, and all of a sudden my xbox dvd drive won't open and it gets the red rings. Well i'm waiting for a dvd drive to come in to fix mine and i'll probably sell it. I'll keep the old one because my girl plays guitar hero on it still.

I like a lot of things about xbox and xbox live, plus most people i know have xbox's but my brother is gettin a ps3 too so i won't be alone! What's the PS3 situation like across the pond?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:36 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

yeah it's more of a reliability issue. Plus PS3 has an exclusive MAG that may be really good. It's like COD but massive.

As for MW2 i'm impressed with what they've presented, but I worry about it being over the top as well. It's kind of weird about my xbox. I had the DVD drive issue that i sent in to get fixed, but never had the red rings. Then i go and fix an old one my brother had that was collecting dust, and all of a sudden my xbox dvd drive won't open and it gets the red rings. Well i'm waiting for a dvd drive to come in to fix mine and i'll probably sell it. I'll keep the old one because my girl plays guitar hero on it still.

I like a lot of things about xbox and xbox live, plus most people i know have xbox's but my brother is gettin a ps3 too so i won't be alone! What's the PS3 situation like across the pond?

Well I suppose if youve had that many issues then screw it...........especially if your bro is getting one.

Over here, PS3 situation? well, same as you I suppose...........if you mean price wise, its probably relative considering everything is more expensive here............they are about $150 more expensive than a 360, whats the gap like there?
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum