Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:32 pm
Ok, lets start the hype now guys!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/53383.html
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:36 pm
Holy f*ck....................I just came. :oops:

Man, love that G36 and what was that overhead, targeting down thing???? we gonna be in control of airstrikes or whatever it is? man thats cool.

Cant wait Rob, just a shame Im going to be in the US for the first 4 days its out. :cry:

Never mind though, Ill catch up and be dominating soon enough. 8)
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm
bigstrads wrote:Holy f*ck....................I just came. :oops:

Man, love that G36 and what was that overhead, targeting down thing???? we gonna be in control of airstrikes or whatever it is? man thats cool.

Cant wait Rob, just a shame Im going to be in the US for the first 4 days its out. :cry:

well if you're out here, come on over! :mrgreen: I just hope you can "handle your excitement" better in person!

So this years version has customizable kill streak awards. you unlock them as you go. One of the rewards is the gun ship basically like you controlled in the COD4 campaign. But you control the shooting. i guess there are 3, 5, 7, 8, and 11 kill streak rewards. I'm hoping that it's not stackable that maybe there is a risk and reward type of deal. So if you have 7 you can call in a heli, but can risk going for 2 more to get the gunship. It's too easy to camp your way to a big streak with that many rewards.

Also, the gun had an attachment which is a heartbeat sensor. I though it was dumb at first, but think about what that means..... easier ways to find the corner camping bitches that are afraid to step out of their corners.

also, i was really impressed with the crispness of the graphics as well as all the debris flying around. This game is going to be insane.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:48 pm
Yeah, I saw this a couple days ago... I cried a little.

I cannot wait for November! I'm so stoked for it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:19 am
could be the cause of my no doubt triumphant return to on line gaming
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:17 am
RobDIKUM wrote:

well if you're out here, come on over! :mrgreen: I just hope you can "handle your excitement" better in person!

So this years version has customizable kill streak awards. you unlock them as you go. One of the rewards is the gun ship basically like you controlled in the COD4 campaign. But you control the shooting. i guess there are 3, 5, 7, 8, and 11 kill streak rewards. I'm hoping that it's not stackable that maybe there is a risk and reward type of deal. So if you have 7 you can call in a heli, but can risk going for 2 more to get the gunship. It's too easy to camp your way to a big streak with that many rewards.

Also, the gun had an attachment which is a heartbeat sensor. I though it was dumb at first, but think about what that means..... easier ways to find the corner camping bitches that are afraid to step out of their corners.

also, i was really impressed with the crispness of the graphics as well as all the debris flying around. This game is going to be insane.

Well, funny thing is, when I suggested to my lady that we come down and visit you..............her first reaction was = "Im not spending my holiday sitting around whilst you play Call of Duty with Rob!!!" :mrgreen:

I did convince her that if we did come down it would HAVE to happen, as its our thing and she agreed once I threw in a visit to Sea World and maybe the San Diego zoo. :wink:

Bring on the gunships!!!............I dont like the stackable rewards though, and having that many, as it will promote even more camping...............great.

What is the break down of the rewards though? what do you get at 3,5,7 and whatever?

Quazza wrote:could be the cause of my no doubt triumphant return to on line gaming

Well Quaz, you should return for this game because its going to be worth it..............but you will NEVER take my crown as the Best GSW.com Call Of Duty Player...............aint gonna happen. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:22 am
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Well, funny thing is, when I suggested to my lady that we come down and visit you..............her first reaction was = "Im not spending my holiday sitting around whilst you play Call of Duty with Rob!!!" :mrgreen:

I did convince her that if we did come down it would HAVE to happen, as its our thing and she agreed once I threw in a visit to Sea World and maybe the San Diego zoo. :wink:

Bring on the gunships!!!............I dont like the stackable rewards though, and having that many, as it will promote even more camping...............great.

What is the break down of the rewards though? what do you get at 3,5,7 and whatever?

Quazza wrote:could be the cause of my no doubt triumphant return to on line gaming

Well Quaz, you should return for this game because its going to be worth it..............but you will NEVER take my crown as the Best GSW.com Call Of Duty Player...............aint gonna happen. :wink:

dude no worries, you come by and we conquer call of duty, with a promise of a trip to Santa Cruz or Monterey the next day! it'll work i swear! Anyway a visit will be necessary even if i would have to sacrifice some game playing so your wonderful generous lady friend would agree to it!

I'm not sure exactly about how the rewards work, but that gunship came about at 11 kills. It looks like there are 15 unlockable rewards. It would be terrible to be able to stack with such short intervals. The game is going to be insane though. I hope they add a bare bones game mode with hardcore rules too. Hey man if i get word of a beta and get some codes, you'll get one.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:28 am
RobDIKUM wrote:dude no worries, you come by and we conquer call of duty, with a promise of a trip to Santa Cruz or Monterey the next day! it'll work i swear! Anyway a visit will be necessary even if i would have to sacrifice some game playing so your wonderful generous lady friend would agree to it!

I'm not sure exactly about how the rewards work, but that gunship came about at 11 kills. It looks like there are 15 unlockable rewards. It would be terrible to be able to stack with such short intervals. The game is going to be insane though. I hope they add a bare bones game mode with hardcore rules too. Hey man if i get word of a beta and get some codes, you'll get one.

Defo man............where exactly do you live again? town/city wise? cuz Id definately be able to convince her if we could go to Sea World and all that sh*t............you, your lady wife and your Rob'ling could come too? we could all go on a family day out!

As far as the kill streak thing.............hmmmm, Im dubious, I have a bad feeling they are going to construct this amazing game and then f*ck it up with stupid things like that and turn the thing into a campers dream of a joke.

It would be fine if it was about saving up to get to a higher reward, like get UAV, Airstrike and the Chopper at 7 OR Gunship at 11 OR whatever the next thing is at 15.............but not all 5 of those.

They f*cking better have Hardcore aswell! I refuse to play Core unless they are taking juggernoob and poorly balanced weapons out.

Man, Im looking forward to it.............but I just have a niggling little feeling that there will be a key flaw (from my perspective) that will change it for me.

Ohh and cheers for the Beta offer bro............although I leave on Novemeber 1st, so would the Beta's be out before that?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 am
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:dude no worries, you come by and we conquer call of duty, with a promise of a trip to Santa Cruz or Monterey the next day! it'll work i swear! Anyway a visit will be necessary even if i would have to sacrifice some game playing so your wonderful generous lady friend would agree to it!

Defo man............where exactly do you live again? town/city wise? cuz Id definately be able to convince her if we could go to Sea World and all that sh*t............you, your lady wife and your Rob'ling could come too? we could all go on a family day out!

As far as the kill streak thing.............hmmmm, Im dubious, I have a bad feeling they are going to construct this amazing game and then f*ck it up with stupid things like that and turn the thing into a campers dream of a joke.

It would be fine if it was about saving up to get to a higher reward, like get UAV, Airstrike and the Chopper at 7 OR Gunship at 11 OR whatever the next thing is at 15.............but not all 5 of those.

They f*cking better have Hardcore aswell! I refuse to play Core unless they are taking juggernoob and poorly balanced weapons out.

Man, Im looking forward to it.............but I just have a niggling little feeling that there will be a key flaw (from my perspective) that will change it for me.

Ohh and cheers for the Beta offer bro............although I leave on Novemeber 1st, so would the Beta's be out before that?

I live in San Jose, so it's kinda like right in the middle of San Francisco, Oakland, Santa Cruz, Monterey. All are basically driving distance. Plus it'll also be hockey season, we may have to catch a sharks game out here.

I was thinkin the same thing today about the streaks. 3 kills and 5 kills may stay but then you choose if you want 7 or 11 or whatever. I'm hoping the heartbeat sensor helps with the corner campers.

As for the beta, it usually is a couple months ahead of release so maybe september, i'll really be looking out for it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:27 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

I live in San Jose, so it's kinda like right in the middle of San Francisco, Oakland, Santa Cruz, Monterey. All are basically driving distance. Plus it'll also be hockey season, we may have to catch a sharks game out here.

I was thinkin the same thing today about the streaks. 3 kills and 5 kills may stay but then you choose if you want 7 or 11 or whatever. I'm hoping the heartbeat sensor helps with the corner campers.

As for the beta, it usually is a couple months ahead of release so maybe september, i'll really be looking out for it.

Cool man, how far is Sea World and San Diego zoo? cuz thats what Jen will want to do............and thats what will keep her away from the thought thats its just going to be me and you sitting in the dark stroking each other over COD 6. :mrgreen:

Hmmmm, campers always find a way.............that heart beat thing, is it standard? it cant be, must be an add on like Red Dot............man, those iron sights look pretty rough.

Cool cool on the Beta, get some good practice in to make up for me missing 2 weeks of it. :wink:

Thing thats gonna be funny though............is how when COD 5 came out, there were still quite a few people who played COD 4 or atleast went back to it after awhile.

But I would bet the farm that a huge percentage are never going to play COD 5 again...............I know I wont.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:35 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Cool man, how far is Sea World and San Diego zoo? cuz thats what Jen will want to do............and thats what will keep her away from the thought thats its just going to be me and you sitting in the dark stroking each other over COD 6. :mrgreen:

Hmmmm, campers always find a way.............that heart beat thing, is it standard? it cant be, must be an add on like Red Dot............man, those iron sights look pretty rough.

Cool cool on the Beta, get some good practice in to make up for me missing 2 weeks of it. :wink:

Thing thats gonna be funny though............is how when COD 5 came out, there were still quite a few people who played COD 4 or atleast went back to it after awhile.

But I would bet the farm that a huge percentage are never going to play COD 5 again...............I know I wont.

Oh dude san diego zoo is FAR!!!! i think it's 8 hours away by car! lol There is a Six Flags in Vallejo that was or is marine world where they have dolphin shows and whale shows and stuff. I actually went there for a christmas thing last year, and it was cool. Cold but cool. Around here is all your bay area goodies like what san francisco has and the surrounding areas. To the south, there is Monterey which has a nice aquarium, a warf and basically a really nice area. And also Santa cruz which has the whole beach boardwalk thing going.

I believe the Heartbeat thing is an attachment. It won't eliminate camping but it will help. I doubt i'll play WAW when this comes out. I've played COD4 sometimes but stuck mostly with WAW. I really like that game to be honest with you. The weapons are fun to use, but it doesn't take the leaps that IW does with the game. I appreciate the map pack support Treyarch has though.

I just hate the campers, it's getting worse and worse. You know on Makin, where that longhouse is in the back? this team had campers sitting in the back room where the file cabinets or lockers are. No chance anybody would go in there unless they saw the dots on the radar, which i did, and promptly killed them. Camping is so stupid. I mean don't run around like an idiot but don't sit in a corner and watch your betties all day.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:40 pm
bigstrads wrote:but you will NEVER take my crown as the Best GSW.com Call Of Duty Player...............aint gonna happen. :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I would not expect anything less from your cocky Call of Duty self.

World at War, yeah... but Modern Warfare? Nice try.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:44 am
by the way james, i read that when you go in the gunship, you're character stays on the ground controlling the thing by a laptop. He is vulnerable to getting killed. If you get blown down in the gunship it is not a death but when your character dies on the ground it is a death.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:57 pm
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:but you will NEVER take my crown as the Best GSW.com Call Of Duty Player...............aint gonna happen. :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I would not expect anything less from your cocky Call of Duty self.

Ohh F-Off.............if you didnt quit on COD 4 so early (co-incidentally when I came along........hmmm, scared? :wink:) you would have seen that I became the best 1 here.

Im not one for being big headed or talking myself up.............but I will if I believe and can see something. :mrgreen:

Anyway, COD 6, Ill just continue it that will be that my man. :wink:

RobDIKUM wrote:by the way james, i read that when you go in the gunship, you're character stays on the ground controlling the thing by a laptop. He is vulnerable to getting killed. If you get blown down in the gunship it is not a death but when your character dies on the ground it is a death.

Man, I dont like the sound of that.............where the hell does the guy sit? just somewhere random in the map? ie: anywhere normal where you could killed at any time???

Thats sh*t, and Im sure that people will be ending someones trip in the gunship very quickly in no time.............I mean, what if the enemy got an airstrike or whatever the comparitive thing is, carpet bomed an area and just happend to get your second self (stupid enough?) sitting there starting at a laptop.

See, this is what I mean, its over-working sh*t and going away from the simple but affective, game play focussed nature of COD 4, and adding in all these silly little things.

Whats wrong with you calling in the gunship, it hovers over you, then a milli second cut sequence for your screen only and there you are up there............and if you get shot down, then your dead.

Whats wrong with that?...............f*cking 2nd version of you (I mean seriously WTF? 2 of you?) sitting down on the ground like some bell end getting killed.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:15 pm
bigstrads wrote:
xbay wrote:

Ohh F-Off.............if you didnt quit on COD 4 so early (co-incidentally when I came along........hmmm, scared? :wink:) you would have seen that I became the best 1 here.

Im not one for being big headed or talking myself up.............but I will if I believe and can see something. :mrgreen:

Anyway, COD 6, Ill just continue it that will be that my man. :wink:

RobDIKUM wrote:by the way james, i read that when you go in the gunship, you're character stays on the ground controlling the thing by a laptop. He is vulnerable to getting killed. If you get blown down in the gunship it is not a death but when your character dies on the ground it is a death.

Man, I dont like the sound of that.............where the hell does the guy sit? just somewhere random in the map? ie: anywhere normal where you could killed at any time???

Thats sh*t, and Im sure that people will be ending someones trip in the gunship very quickly in no time.............I mean, what if the enemy got an airstrike or whatever the comparitive thing is, carpet bomed an area and just happend to get your second self (stupid enough?) sitting there starting at a laptop.

See, this is what I mean, its over-working sh*t and going away from the simple but affective, game play focussed nature of COD 4, and adding in all these silly little things.

Whats wrong with you calling in the gunship, it hovers over you, then a milli second cut sequence for your screen only and there you are up there............and if you get shot down, then your dead.

Whats wrong with that?...............f*cking 2nd version of you (I mean seriously WTF? 2 of you?) sitting down on the ground like some bell end getting killed.

what they said was it counts as a death when your run in the gunship is over. Don't know exactly how it's gonna work, but getting killed won't end your gunship control unless it's shot down. I think they'll pull it off. COD4 was awesome, i tend to trust these guys.

Did you seem my post above about the zoo?
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum