*OFFICIAL 2009 Free Agent and Trade Movement Thread*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:28 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:so what's their 5 now?

Miller
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden?

Yikes


I'd put Batum and maybe Webster above Outlaw in their starting five, Quazza. Although I guess that position is still up for grabs.


Batum would be a nice player to snag away from the Blazers. A Front Court of Batum / Randolph / Biedrins would be pretty damn good.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:54 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:so what's their 5 now?

Miller
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden?

Yikes


I'd put Batum and maybe Webster above Outlaw in their starting five, Quazza. Although I guess that position is still up for grabs.


Batum would be a nice player to snag away from the Blazers. A Front Court of Batum / Randolph / Biedrins would be pretty damn good.


Yeah, they like starting Batum and bringing Outlaw off the bench over there in Portland. Gives them some offensive fire off the bench.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:59 pm
1) ESPN reported that the Bobcats and Hornets are talking an Okafor for Chandler swap.

2) The Wolves traded Etan Thomas and all four of their second-round picks to the Thunder for Chucky Atkins. Meh.

3) Drew Gooden signs with the Mavericks.

4) Rumors brew that David Lee could become a Utah Jazz player.

5) Dwyane Wade keeps pulling a Boston Celtic(alah sending Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Ainge, and owner to Wallace) and keeps visiting Los Angeles to recruit Lamar Odom.

6) The Grizz pulling back their offer to Hakim Warrick could mean it's going to be used for Iverson.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:09 pm
xbay wrote:1) ESPN reported that the Bobcats and Hornets are talking an Okafor for Chandler swap.

2) The Wolves traded Etan Thomas and all four of their second-round picks to the Thunder for Chucky Atkins. Meh.

3) Drew Gooden signs with the Mavericks.

4) Rumors brew that David Lee could become a Utah Jazz player.

5) Dwyane Wade keeps pulling a Boston Celtic(alah sending Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Ainge, and owner to Wallace) and keeps visiting Los Angeles to recruit Lamar Odom.

6) The Grizz pulling back their offer to Hakim Warrick could mean it's going to be used for Iverson.


I had read that Lee could end up with the Bulls. I could definitely see him doing what Ben Gordon did last year and just signing a 1 yr deal somewhere, or just take his qualifying offer with the Knicks so he can make some $$ next year. There are going to be a lot of shoppers and when Bosh / LBJ and Wade stay put, there is going to be a FA feeding frenzy.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:50 pm
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:so what's their 5 now?

Miller
Roy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden?

Yikes


I'd put Batum and maybe Webster above Outlaw in their starting five, Quazza. Although I guess that position is still up for grabs.


Batum would be a nice player to snag away from the Blazers. A Front Court of Batum / Randolph / Biedrins would be pretty damn good.


Yeah, they like starting Batum and bringing Outlaw off the bench over there in Portland. Gives them some offensive fire off the bench.


Yeah wasn't sure on that pozzy. Would've said Webster but kid's always injured

I like Batum too actually. He's extremely long for a SF

All Star
Posts: 3172
» Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:12 pm
The Charlotte Bobcats are finalizing a trade that would send Emeka Okafor to the New Orleans Hornets for Tyson Chandler, two people familiar with the deal told The Associated Press on Monday.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 886
» Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:23 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:The Charlotte Bobcats are finalizing a trade that would send Emeka Okafor to the New Orleans Hornets for Tyson Chandler, two people familiar with the deal told The Associated Press on Monday.


Heard that one too. Ridiculous, IMO. I don't really see how this works out for either team. Charlotte gets a so-so, off injured center who is only effective on one side of the court, whilst trading a better player, who is also younger? And I was under the impression that New Orleans was pressed for cash? Why then trade Chandler for a more expensive deal that is also longer?

Doesn't make sense.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21732
» Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:11 pm
xbay wrote:1) ESPN reported that the Bobcats and Hornets are talking an Okafor for Chandler swap.

2) The Wolves traded Etan Thomas and all four of their second-round picks to the Thunder for Chucky Atkins. Meh.

3) Drew Gooden signs with the Mavericks.

4) Rumors brew that David Lee could become a Utah Jazz player.

5) Dwyane Wade keeps pulling a Boston Celtic(alah sending Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Ainge, and owner to Wallace) and keeps visiting Los Angeles to recruit Lamar Odom.

6) The Grizz pulling back their offer to Hakim Warrick could mean it's going to be used for Iverson.



The TWolves just traded a big that could or could not have helped the for another PG and they drafted three PGs. Just doesn't make sense that one

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:16 pm
Tarantism wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:The Charlotte Bobcats are finalizing a trade that would send Emeka Okafor to the New Orleans Hornets for Tyson Chandler, two people familiar with the deal told The Associated Press on Monday.


Heard that one too. Ridiculous, IMO. I don't really see how this works out for either team. Charlotte gets a so-so, off injured center who is only effective on one side of the court, whilst trading a better player, who is also younger? And I was under the impression that New Orleans was pressed for cash? Why then trade Chandler for a more expensive deal that is also longer?

Doesn't make sense.


Well Okafor's contract is actually about a million cheaper than Chandler's each year. And he gives them security at the C spot for 5 years. Plus, with Darren Collison on their team now, they might be looking to trade Antonio Daniels and/or Rasual Butler as expirers as I'd think it'd be pretty difficult to trade Peja's 14 and 15 million dollars over the next 2 seasons.

I actually like the move for both teams. NO gets a guy who will still defend and rebound (arguably better), and he will be there for longer to play alongside Paul and West for 4 and 3 yrs respectively. Charlotte doesn't get locked down to Okafor's long contract, and they get a guy who still rebounds and defends...the thing being, Chandler had Chris Paul who made him look good in New Orleans...but right now Charlotte doesn't even know if their PG is gonna be Felton, DJ, or anyone else.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:46 pm
xbay wrote:1) ESPN reported that the Bobcats and Hornets are talking an Okafor for Chandler swap.


Nice deal for the Hornets. I'm sure CP loves it. And it eases a bit the financial burden for the Bobcats (long term, that is). Kinda makes sense for both.

xbay wrote:2) The Wolves traded Etan Thomas and all four of their second-round picks to the Thunder for Chucky Atkins. Meh.


Minny also gets Damien Wilkins, who might be the most productive player involved.

In any case, double meh.

xbay wrote:4) Rumors brew that David Lee could become a Utah Jazz player.


He should just sign the one year tender with NY and become unrestricted next season, after having another big season under D'Antoni.

I know he wants a long term deal with NY, but that ain't happening, so better get the one year deal now and get the chance to choose next season, right?.

All Star
Posts: 3172
» Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:45 am
Tarantism wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:The Charlotte Bobcats are finalizing a trade that would send Emeka Okafor to the New Orleans Hornets for Tyson Chandler, two people familiar with the deal told The Associated Press on Monday.


Heard that one too. Ridiculous, IMO. I don't really see how this works out for either team. Charlotte gets a so-so, off injured center who is only effective on one side of the court, whilst trading a better player, who is also younger? And I was under the impression that New Orleans was pressed for cash? Why then trade Chandler for a more expensive deal that is also longer?

Doesn't make sense.


I read Okafor and Chandler are both 26, Chandler came straight out of high-school, so he seems that much older. Its a risky trade in my opinion, Chandler always seems more injured than healthy most the time although when healthy can be a force. He will miss Chris Paul as well who always set him up for easy buckets. Okafor has improved a bit since entering the league, but as the 2nd overall pick he has not done much. Okafor has played full seasons the 2 years, so he will give them stability.
Winner out of all this will be Okafor, he will be the definite 3rd option, won't feel as much pressure now since he wont be on the team that drafted him 2nd overall. Maybe Charlotte's the team trying to cut cost or prepare themselves for free-agency next year. Chandlers contract has only 2 years left, while Okafor has been signed for 5 years. So at the end seem like NO was looking for stability at the post position, while Bobcats might be the 1's trying to cut cost.

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:08 pm
Well it's a done deal now...Chandler is offically a Bobcat and Okafor is officially a Hornet...

And it doesnt look like Odom is gonna be a laker this coming season.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:15 pm
E-Man wrote:Well it's a done deal now...Chandler is offically a Bobcat and Okafor is officially a Hornet...

And it doesnt look like Odom is gonna be a laker this coming season.


to me, that trade seems to heavily favor the Hornets. Okafor is not as exciting on either end of the floor, but he is much more consistent and durable than Chandler.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:25 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
E-Man wrote:Well it's a done deal now...Chandler is offically a Bobcat and Okafor is officially a Hornet...

And it doesnt look like Odom is gonna be a laker this coming season.


to me, that trade seems to heavily favor the Hornets. Okafor is not as exciting on either end of the floor, but he is much more consistent and durable than Chandler.


I don't think durable can be applied to either one... but Chandler's best season is Okafor's average one. It's a trade done just so the Bobcats can get rid of Okafor's big contract to ease their future sell.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2860
» Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:31 am
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4361334

I like Okafor over Chandler, although I don't know if Okafor is mobile enough to really use CP3 to full effect. don't get me wrong, he'll be better with CP3, but it's just like how Nash and shaq never really worked cause they were playing at two different speeds, same deal for Oak and CP3 (I think).

If the hornets could only get rid of peja they'd be in real good shape.

Chandler will sink well below mediocrity now that he's on the Bobcats.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest