NEW Ultimate Fighter Season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:48 pm
Could be interesting... this season it will only be 16 heavyweights... 4 are former(i believe nfl players) not 100% sure, and the internet sensation Kimbo Slice. Dana White believes he has what it takes to bring out the potential in Kimbo. Ill definitely be watching this season
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:50 pm
RUN HOME JACK wrote:Could be interesting... this season it will only be 16 heavyweights... 4 are former(i believe nfl players) not 100% sure, and the internet sensation Kimbo Slice. Dana White believes he has what it takes to bring out the potential in Kimbo. Ill definitely be watching this season

never heard of this. is it a tv show? if so, what channel?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:15 pm
bada wrote:
RUN HOME JACK wrote:Could be interesting... this season it will only be 16 heavyweights... 4 are former(i believe nfl players) not 100% sure, and the internet sensation Kimbo Slice. Dana White believes he has what it takes to bring out the potential in Kimbo. Ill definitely be watching this season

Bada, it's on Spike TV, basically a show where fighters battle it out to earn a contract with the UFC. There are two teams, each coached by a fighter from the UFC. THis year it's Rampage jackson and I believe Rashad evans. Basically they all live in a house like all these reality shows, then they have fights, and they get eliminated over time. The last one had fighters from the US vs. UK with Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping coaching. The UK dominated but Hendo got the last laugh by destroying Bisping. This season is unique because it is only heavyweights. I believe Bobby Lashley is in this season as well, am i correct?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:14 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
bada wrote:

Bada, it's on Spike TV, basically a show where fighters battle it out to earn a contract with the UFC. There are two teams, each coached by a fighter from the UFC. THis year it's Rampage jackson and I believe Rashad evans. Basically they all live in a house like all these reality shows, then they have fights, and they get eliminated over time. The last one had fighters from the US vs. UK with Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping coaching. The UK dominated but Hendo got the last laugh by destroying Bisping. This season is unique because it is only heavyweights. I believe Bobby Lashley is in this season as well, am i correct?

sounds interesting. when does it start?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:48 pm
bada wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
bada wrote:

sounds interesting. when does it start?

some time in september, not sure exactly when.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:02 pm
september 16th

should be entertaining.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:27 am
yeah i havent watched the ultimate fighter since season 2... and some episodes of US vs. UK, this time it really does sound interesting... the thing is if they will try their best to keep Kimbo on the show... but i think no matter what happens Kimbo will get a contract if hes at least decent.

Think about it, its more ratings for UFC, why? because of all the kimbo fans from the internet. Imagine if they were to get Kimbo skilled enough and get him to fight Lesnar. I dont know about you but i would definitely would want to watch it if Kimbo gains more skill and patience during the ultimate fighter season. So far in his fights in whatever league he is fighting in has not been good
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:37 am
RUN HOME JACK wrote:yeah i havent watched the ultimate fighter since season 2... and some episodes of US vs. UK, this time it really does sound interesting... the thing is if they will try their best to keep Kimbo on the show... but i think no matter what happens Kimbo will get a contract if hes at least decent.

Think about it, its more ratings for UFC, why? because of all the kimbo fans from the internet. Imagine if they were to get Kimbo skilled enough and get him to fight Lesnar. I dont know about you but i would definitely would want to watch it if Kimbo gains more skill and patience during the ultimate fighter season. So far in his fights in whatever league he is fighting in has not been good

That would be fight of the century for UFC fans. A more skilled Kimbo Slice vs Brock Lesnar.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:06 am
RUN HOME JACK wrote:yeah i havent watched the ultimate fighter since season 2... and some episodes of US vs. UK, this time it really does sound interesting... the thing is if they will try their best to keep Kimbo on the show... but i think no matter what happens Kimbo will get a contract if hes at least decent.

It is all about the ratings, as that's what makes money. The fighters have never had as much money as they do now

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:15 am
I would like to see Kimbo improve throughout the show. The guy always seemed like he had a good attitude toward getting better and knew he had a lot of weaknesses. This show will be really interesting. But if Kimbo loses and deserves to be off the show they should do that. If he doesn't cut it he doesn't cut it. I think Lesnar would destroy him anyway, he's much stronger than kimbo.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:08 pm
migya wrote:

It is all about the ratings, as that's what makes money. The fighters have never had as much money as they do now

true. Was reading Fedor rakes in about 2mill per fight!

Return to Sports Board