Jesus...........How Pathetic

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:21 pm
You guys must have seen/heard (ridiculously) about this video of LeBron getting dunked on by some no-name at his basketball camp recently.

Well...........Nike CONFISCATED the footage, saying that it was "part of their media policy" to do so.

I mean seriously? why the f*ck would you bother? did they think that people would suddenly stop buying their pathetic products because LeBron got dunked on in some meaningless game?

I dont know why Im shocked but still..............:roll:

Here is the video =

http://ebaumnation.com/2009/07/22/jorda ... bron-james

Wasnt even that bad was it? I was imagining something worse, with LeBron getting floored or something.

And heres the article about it on ESPN =

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/stor ... AHeadlines

CLEVELAND -- Nike says it is returning videotapes it confiscated of NBA star LeBron James getting dunked on at a recent basketball camp.

Nike said it is giving back tapes to two accredited journalists who filmed Xavier's Jordan Crawford dunking over James during a recent pickup game at a skills academy run by the superstar at the University of Akron. The sports apparel giant said only one of the tapes captured the infamous dunk, which has been an Internet sensation.

Nike said it took the tapes based on its media guidelines that no pickup games be filmed.

This week, videos emerged of Crawford's dunk in which he drove the lane and slammed over James, who was not guarding him and was the last defender between Crawford and the basket.

In its statement, Nike said it did not take the footage because James was dunked on.

"It was never about the play or the player, it was always about our media policy," Nike said. "The interest in the tapes has greatly overshadowed the focus of the camp, which is to help young athletes improve their skills, and that is regrettable. It was Nike's decision to take these tapes based on our media guidelines, which we will continue to enforce."

There was general disappointment in Crawford's dunk among online viewers when it began appearing on various Web sites in recent days. Crawford beat another defender down the lane and was able to gather himself before finishing over James, the current league MVP who has been subjected to worse treatment by his pro peers.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:30 pm
It's funny cause you can't even tell who was the one dunking and who was the one dunked on. Could of been, anyone. And besides, the dunk wasn't even that impressive.

Nike overreacted just because the person dunking was wearing Adidas gear while whoever got dunked on(LeBron as claimed) was wearing Nike. Adidas is better, anyway.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:10 pm
I think it's a stunt. They want their name to appear, and it's no news to see Lebron dunking on an unknown kid... so let's try the other way around and see what happens.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:13 pm
Nike acted on behalf of Lebron's request according to many sources. During the next stoppage of play, Lebron approached Nike representatives who then immediately afterwards approached the two camermen who were filiming and confiscated teh tapes.

total bush league from lebron.

I mean who cares. Have a sense of humor about it. I mean does ANYTHING think that Crawford is a better player than Lebron cause he dunked on him??? just stupid.

Why not have a sense of humor about it with reporters and say something like "yeah, that was something huh. He got me on that! I am hoping the kid makes the NBA so that I can pay him back for that one" and then laugh. END OF STORY
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:47 pm
Exactly fellas.

Just so freakin sad that this what can happen as a result of a Summer Camp! wasnt it a charity type deal?

I mean for f*cks sake, all these kids want to do is have a shot at being someone in the game............and this is what the whole thing is focussed on.

And I dont mean "Ohh that kid must be good because he dunked on LeBron" because;

A: It wasnt that impressive, and as you guys say.........so what?

B: The story is now how Nike and seemingly LeBron tried to cover it up or whatever.

Again, dont know why Im bothered by it because this is largely what I expect of these types of things and people..............but still. :roll:
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: The Town
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:50 pm
I'm questioning why the cameraman gave up the footage in the first place when he was clearly under no obligation to do so...


REPS: Now just give us those tapes buddy and no one gets hurt, see?

CAMERA GUY: Why don't you **** off, eh? (for some reason the camera guy is Canadian in my mind!)

REPS: Better watch what you say pal, we're representatives of Nike!

CAMERA GUY: OHMYGODIMSORRYIMSORRYIMSORRY!!!! (Gives up tapes immediately and runs off screaming and crying.)
“Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth” -- Mike Tyson
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 pm
J-Pinnacle wrote:I'm questioning why the cameraman gave up the footage in the first place when he was clearly under no obligation to do so...


REPS: Now just give us those tapes buddy and no one gets hurt, see?

CAMERA GUY: Why don't you **** off, eh? (for some reason the camera guy is Canadian in my mind!)

REPS: Better watch what you say pal, we're representatives of Nike!

CAMERA GUY: OHMYGODIMSORRYIMSORRYIMSORRY!!!! (Gives up tapes immediately and runs off screaming and crying.)


it is a legit question. I have heard interviews with both the guys who got them taken.

One guy was a real young guy and just did not hold his ground.

Other guy got duped. They said they wanted to review some stuff on the tape and would give it back. or something to that effect.

Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:20 pm
This is petty of Lebron. He ruin his reputation by going after a tape because he made an honest mistake and was dunked on. Like that would never happen. :roll:
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:49 pm
bada wrote:
J-Pinnacle wrote:I'm questioning why the cameraman gave up the footage in the first place when he was clearly under no obligation to do so...


REPS: Now just give us those tapes buddy and no one gets hurt, see?

CAMERA GUY: Why don't you **** off, eh? (for some reason the camera guy is Canadian in my mind!)

REPS: Better watch what you say pal, we're representatives of Nike!

CAMERA GUY: OHMYGODIMSORRYIMSORRYIMSORRY!!!! (Gives up tapes immediately and runs off screaming and crying.)


it is a legit question. I have heard interviews with both the guys who got them taken.

One guy was a real young guy and just did not hold his ground.

Other guy got duped. They said they wanted to review some stuff on the tape and would give it back. or something to that effect.


I would've instantly been seeing $$ signs i reckon....and a heap of free size 13's

Rookie
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:50 am
Location: Vallejo
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:21 am
nah, i think the excuse that Nike was using was that it was "policy" to not let any footage be released.

but then, why did they end up releasing it?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:26 am
hahaha, maybe the original dunk had this dude sky over Lebron and get dunked on nasty. So Nike took the videos away, had a scenario that was not as bad reenacted for a video to be released so that people would just say "that's not so bad". What do you think Migya, Alex Jones diggin up dirt on the Nike Lebron coverup? lol
Last edited by RobDIKUM on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:57 am
RobDIKUM wrote:hahaha, maybe the original dunk had this dude sky of Lebron and get dunked on nasty. So Nike took the videos away, had a scenario that was not as bad reenacted for a video to be released so that people would just say "that's not so bad". What do you think Migya, Alex Jones diggin up dirt on the Nike Lebron coverup? lol


LMAO!

Ive been waiting for that from Mig. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21446
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:32 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:hahaha, maybe the original dunk had this dude sky of Lebron and get dunked on nasty. So Nike took the videos away, had a scenario that was not as bad reenacted for a video to be released so that people would just say "that's not so bad". What do you think Migya, Alex Jones diggin up dirt on the Nike Lebron coverup? lol


LMAO!

Ive been waiting for that from Mig. :wink:



Who knows, Lebron did attend a meeting of global elitists couple of weeks ago, the first athlete ever to do so, so who knows, they might want to preserve his image, even if it means going to such "queer" lengths :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron