KOBE'S NEW RAT FACE

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
MC99 wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
MC99 wrote:just in general i'm tired of all these super cocky atheletes. players need to revert to the days when they were considred gladiators, not "artists" or whatever. prime examples of primo players that show the attitude of real winners: Dwayne Wade and Brandon Roy.

When Wade stood up and said "Not in my house" when he made that half court three, that was epic. He didn't go running to his team, he went to the people that really mattered, the fans. Look at baby Davis when he hit his game winner. He shoved some little kid. Fatass needs to learn some manners. players just need to recognize who they play for.

That kid that Big Baby "shoved" was standing on the baseline, if he didnt shove him...he would have most likely barreled over him. Which one would have been worse? There are plenty of examples of dumbass player moves besides that one. How about Antoine Walkers shimmy??

True, but i'm just biased against Davis. He's overrated and thinks he's better than he is. Plus, that was the first one to come to mind.

And i think the reason the kid was on the sideline was cuz he was trying to give him a high five. Granted that he was on the other team, so i guess there's reasoning behind it.

why the hell does a fan think it's necessary to give a player a high five. He's not in the game no matter how close he sits.

True that, and who hasnt been running up court only to look up and see someone or something right in front of you? You do what you can to avoid a major tangle up.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:44 pm
isn't that what fans are supposed to do? cheer for the team so that they could feel like part of the game?

if you were that kid and you're at a basketball game where everything is so exciting. would you want to give a him a high five? hell, im 22 and i'd still want to give him a high five out of sheer excitement.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 pm
MC99 wrote:isn't that what fans are supposed to do? cheer for the team so that they could feel like part of the game?

if you were that kid and you're at a basketball game where everything is so exciting. would you want to give a him a high five? hell, im 22 and i'd still want to give him a high five out of sheer excitement.

Yeah, but they aren't part of the game and shouldn't be. Be excited, but don't expect the player to expect that the fan wants to join in your glory. Too many fans take liberties because of the luxury of their seats. In reality, you aren't part of the game. I could care less about high fiving a player that i don't know. They're there for my entertainment, not to be my friend. It's cool if the athlete celebrates with the fan, but as a fan you can't expect that they will, it's just plain stupid and possibly dangerous.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:24 pm
Really? That's all i gotta say. i guess it jus changes from person to person. in my eyes, i'd love to congratulate a guy on hitting a buzzer beater. therefore, a high five will do. its not like im asking for a hug.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum