Allen Iverson to the Clippers?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:43 pm
ClipperGM wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:hey, if you match up the salaries, then it basically becomes this trade:

Zach

FOR

A.I. & Q-Rich (LAC saves about $2M cash up front)

PLUS: Zach had two more years left....A.I. and Q-Rich are EXPIRING, giving us $25M-plus in the summer of 2010!!! (including camby and ricky davis which are expiring)...who wouldn't make that trade....we were heavy in the front court so we traded zach to bring on his much better twin in the Guard position.....

Hey ClipperGM.....how much cap room are you going to have this coming offseason? 25M? you dont say...maybe you should include that # in one of your posts....oh wait....its in every one.

who cares how much cap room you have, you will use it to overpay for average players like we did with Maggette.

HAHAHAHAHA...did we hire Mullin as our GM???? don't scare me like that

Nope, but knowing the Clippers... they'll find a way to f*ck sh*t up somehow, someway.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:55 pm
f u c k up?? not in the past 5 yrs...unless baron doesn't turn it around this season, we've made some good moves....mega talent on the roster now with boatloads of money for 2010....can't be in a better position as an up n comer...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:35 am
ClipperGM wrote:f u c k up?? not in the past 5 yrs...unless baron doesn't turn it around this season, we've made some good moves....mega talent on the roster now with boatloads of money for 2010....can't be in a better position as an up n comer...

just curious...but who do you see the clippers getting in 2010? paul pierce, joe johnson or boozer maybe? cuz im almost certain it wouldnt be lbj, wade, bosh or amare.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:24 am
E-Man wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:f u c k up?? not in the past 5 yrs...unless baron doesn't turn it around this season, we've made some good moves....mega talent on the roster now with boatloads of money for 2010....can't be in a better position as an up n comer...

just curious...but who do you see the clippers getting in 2010? paul pierce, joe johnson or boozer maybe? cuz im almost certain it wouldnt be lbj, wade, bosh or amare.

If Kaman can stay there and be good again, what they willneed is a PG, as Baron is not performing as he has and is into his thirties soon. Their other positions are covered pretty well

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:11 am
man i can't wait till the warriros vs. clippers games.. im gunna be on here and watch the words fly.

BTW, AI should not go to the Clippers? What's the point? He's a volume shooter who needs the ball? Who else do you have on your roster? Baron... who is a volume shooter and needs the ball... They will never play well together.

The difference between AI and Monta was that Monta was better off the ball.

Lastly, Clippers will be good next year in my opinion.. right behind the warriors.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:55 pm
MC99 wrote:man i can't wait till the warriros vs. clippers games.. im gunna be on here and watch the words fly.

BTW, AI should not go to the Clippers? What's the point? He's a volume shooter who needs the ball? Who else do you have on your roster? Baron... who is a volume shooter and needs the ball... They will never play well together.

Lastly, Clippers will be good next year in my opinion.. right behind the warriors.

Monta also has a far far far far far more consistent jump shot, mainly mid range.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:48 am
Beast Mode wrote:
MC99 wrote:man i can't wait till the warriros vs. clippers games.. im gunna be on here and watch the words fly.

Monta also has a far far far far far more consistent jump shot, mainly mid range.

yea, i don't want AI if he doesn't agree to come off the bench, which it looks like he won't agree to..idiot.....but monta can't even hold da HOFer's jock so I'll pretend u didn't write the above...nuff said right there

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:54 am
ClipperGM wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

yea, i don't want AI if he doesn't agree to come off the bench, which it looks like he won't agree to..idiot.....but monta can't even hold da HOFer's jock so I'll pretend u didn't write the above...nuff said right there

you still havent answered my question....

E-Man wrote:

and from what ive seen on your salary cap, you'll be about 23 million under the cap next year, but with only 9 players signed. so that 23 million must be split btwn 3 players. i cant imagine the clippers getting anyone that's going to command more than 12 million per season.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:53 pm
E-Man wrote:
and from what ive seen on your salary cap, you'll be about 23 million under the cap next year, but with only 9 players signed. so that 23 million must be split btwn 3 players. i cant imagine the clippers getting anyone that's going to command more than 12 million per season.

yea, keep thinking that please....mullin couldn't imagine it either and did nothing while we signed away his superstar...then overreacted and signed away maggette for 10 million per season, when we had already decided we wouldn't even bring him back at the MLE should the spurs have signed him..haha

p.s. those "only 9 players signed" happen to include the likes of baron, blake griffin, eric gordon, kaman, thornton....

yea, we're gonna split the $23M equally amongst three mediocre players rather than bring in a star player and two avg players....that makes a whole lotta sense...even if we signed three players equally at $8M each, that would still get us a charlie V, lamar odom caliber players...but i sense we'll lure a star, although not a superstar, but we should get a couple stars
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:57 pm
to answer your question, i have no idea who we're gonna get in 2010..i don't even have memorized who all's on da list execpt for the big four...but with an owner willing to spend and a GM willing to make big splashes in free agency, I love the prospects....it's not like we're OKC and just gonna sit out free agency...even you guys could tell the clippers of the last few years are ready to spend, finally....cough, baron, cough.....

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:07 pm
ClipperGM wrote:
E-Man wrote:

yea, keep thinking that please....mullin couldn't imagine it either and did nothing while we signed away his superstar...then overreacted and signed away maggette for 10 million per season, when we had already decided we wouldn't even bring him back at the MLE should the spurs have signed him..haha

p.s. those "only 9 players signed" happen to include the likes of baron, blake griffin, eric gordon, kaman, thornton....

yea, we're gonna split the $23M equally amongst three mediocre players rather than bring in a star player and two avg players....that makes a whole lotta sense...even if we signed three players equally at $8M each, that would still get us a charlie V, lamar odom caliber players...but i sense we'll lure a star, although not a superstar, but we should get a couple stars

first of all, i dont believe i said or typed anything in a manner that deserved a response with the kind of tone i detected from your response. it almost seemed like you were talking down at me as if i were some child.

second of all, mullin had a contract extension ready for baron. rowell made it clear that HE didnt want baron which led to baron opting out of the rest of his contract. while i agree that mullin's panic move to signing maggs to such a big contract was the wrong way to go, it was clear that mullin was on his way out.

finally, before this post i had mentioned nothing about mullin, our front office, and nothing about your clippers' front office...i really didnt see the need for you to bring it up. i just asked a simple question, all i needed was the answer.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:55 pm
damn e-man..didn't kno u were so hurt by my post...it was just friendly banter, but i apologize if it hurt ur feelings..honest

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:42 am
I don't know Clipper, you guys seem like you'll do great next year, especially on paper with your deep bench and stable players, but you guys will need everything to fall into line. Baron getting back to being great, your younger guys to excell from last year, Camby/Kaman to stay healthy. You guys will need all of that to work out, and i just don't see that happening. and as for AI, to bring it back to subject, he will destroy your team.

BD will be on your roster for 4 more years, well past his prime and i don't see him teach gordon much stuff cuz of their different personalities as players. so for PG's in the 10 FA, there aren't many that can be taken up. There's rondo, but hes restricted and i see boston matching. Alston is UFA, so maybe there. Steve Blake could be a maybe, at least one of those average players you mentioned.

Dwayne Wade could fill your needs, but i highly doubt he'd sign there.

I could be wrong tho, BD could last another few years, but given his track record with his age, it's highly unlikely. I'd say you guys will lack a floor leader sooner rather than later.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 pm
xbay wrote:I can't wait to see The Cancer ruin the Clippers.

ruin? that would imply....
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Previous

Return to NBA Forum