Working out

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:45 pm
So just this past Saturday, I signed up with the local gym. I haven't worked out in a very long time and I haven't lifted in DAYSSS. I've been going to the gym lately, though, to cut down on my weight, cause yes... I'm overweight. Also, I'm trying to build more muscle at the same time. It feels really good to work out.

How about you guys? Any of you work out these days? Or are you just like the rest of America... fat, lazy, and you just don't give a damn. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:54 pm
I started working out again a few weeks ago, regularly I mean. I bought two gym sets second hand, one I keep indoors and that is a pulley system, which has lat pull down, peck deck and leg extension (not a complete system but pretty complete. Bought that almost two years ago), and I bought a bench press gym (bench, great thick barbell, dumbbell and about 80kgs of weight, all for $50!. a real steal). Free weights is obviously better, as a bar and bench is, but safer, as there is no risk the weights fall on you.

I feel better already, not going too hard, but just getting back into it (I was pretty full on into it some ten years ago, as I started when I was fifteen and stopped when I was twenty one, as young as that sounds).

I also bought a punching bag and stand second hand real cheap and use that no and then as well, as it helps me with MMA, which I train now sparingly, but might start up often again.

I keep the bar and bench outside under my pergola (under covered area) so it doesn't get wet when it rains. Getting second hand gym saves you heaps in gym fees and you can keep the gym as long as you want
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:58 pm
That's cool. Yeah, I'm starting slow and working my way up. Can't get too into it so early since I haven't worked out in a long time. Definitely has you in a feel good feeling once you're done for the day.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:13 pm
I don't believe in exercise.
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:25 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I don't believe in exercise.


Of course, you don't. You believe in Patron... something I believe in damn near every weekend. :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:30 pm
xbay wrote:That's cool. Yeah, I'm starting slow and working my way up. Can't get too into it so early since I haven't worked out in a long time. Definitely has you in a feel good feeling once you're done for the day.



Yea, definately start slow. The key is to be consistent, as if you miss a week, it sets you back almost to the start before you began. If you're looking to lose weight (I assume a bit of fat in that) it is best to do exercises that involve alot of moving, like jumping and running. Build miscle as well, but that won't lose any surface fat, aerobic exercise will
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:07 pm
I either run or swim. It gives you more energy and it is easier then trying to build muscle.
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:08 pm
Muscle burns fat, so a weight training program helps

Aerobic also burns fat and strengthens the cardio vascular system

But diet will have the biggest impact. change what and how much you eat and watch the pounds come off. Then you only have to work out 3 times a week to maintain.

Exercise won't have that much impact on weight if you tend to over eat and drink a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:43 pm
xbay wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I don't believe in exercise.


Of course, you don't. You believe in Patron... something I believe in damn near every weekend. :wink:


I really SHOULD weigh 800 lbs. I'm not sure why I don't...pure dumb luck I guess.
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:56 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I don't believe in exercise.


HEYGRL!

Thats cause you go looking like a Stepford Wive.

And what about your dance moves when your Niner Tailgating... Don't forget i originally called you fat.
8)

Little did i know it was the jerseys that made you fat.. i even suggested you wear black. (SKINNY EMOKID COLOURS) :wink:

Anyways my infatuation grew and Captain Jack turned into the glamourous girl i once dissed about being fat.. cause she couldn't admit that tailgating was a exercise.

Anyways i might have to dig up that photo of you getting your 49'er HOEDOWN... Cause i eventually ended up making a photo of me on my holiDay to the BAY AREA>>>

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:01 pm
Jackattack wrote:Muscle burns fat, so a weight training program helps

Aerobic also burns fat and strengthens the cardio vascular system

But diet will have the biggest impact. change what and how much you eat and watch the pounds come off. Then you only have to work out 3 times a week to maintain.

Exercise won't have that much impact on weight if you tend to over eat and drink a lot.


I'm on a diet.. but unfortunately i got my 420 habits still on a crash course of fridge riding..

the pantry door and fridge door are basically just revolving doors of me walking into and out of when im st0ned.

I gotta give up the sticky icky Hydroponic Greens for
The Cold but Fresh Tossed Daily Green like Salads and Broccoli's
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:02 pm
p4wn06124ff171 wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I don't believe in exercise.


HEYGRL!

Thats cause you go looking like a Stepford Wive.

And what about your dance moves when your Niner Tailgating... Don't forget i originally called you fat.
8)

Little did i know it was the jerseys that made you fat.. i even suggested you wear black. (SKINNY EMOKID COLOURS) :wink:

Anyways my infatuation grew and Captain Jack turned into the glamourous girl i once dissed about being fat.. cause she couldn't admit that tailgating was a exercise.

Anyways i might have to dig up that photo of you getting your 49'er HOEDOWN... Cause i eventually ended up making a photo of me on my holiDay to the BAY AREA>>>

Image


Ha ha ha that picture makes me laugh. The best part is the tomahawk in my hand...watch out!
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Ha ha ha that picture makes me laugh.


HELL HAHA YEAH makes me laugh too!!

The only time i catch Captain Jack rocking the Silver and Black!!!

We all knowz underneath that kind of fit you'd be rocking the Red Bra and Gold G Banga!!!

8)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 pm
hop on p90x... that **** works... i PROMISE
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:19 am
8th ave wrote:hop on p90x... that **** works... i PROMISE



I downloaded and viewed all of the P90X series and it is extreme to say the least. I tried one workout, the one for the legs, and it stuffed me good for about five days. No weights are used, but you do many reps, many different exercises and not much rest between exercises as well. Not going to build big muscles, will build some, but will definately give endurance, if you can keep the desire to keep going with it, most won't
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest