WTF is it like in YOUR hometown?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:55 pm
I live in San Jose, and I have lived in Palo Alto, Pacifica, Daily City, Santa Clara and Saratoga. San Jose is a pretty average South Bay city. Campbell has some fun stuff to do...I try to go for hikes up in the mountains often at Castle Rock State Park. Not a big beach guy but I used to live down the street from the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz. When I lived over there you could have caught me downtown rockin' a Guitar, Sitar or hand drum with my friends jammin'.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:17 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:Ok, I'm gonna make two posts. Let's start with where I currently live, Las Palmas.

It's, to put it simply, a cradle of filth populated by scum. It has nice weather, tho...

Tomorrow I'll post about my hometown of Oviedo, and I promise it will be very, very different. :wink:

How tight! you are from the north too TMC. My family is from Pamplona, Navarra.

Yep. That's probably why we get along so well, Mr. C. :mrgreen:

Ok, gotta run... more later.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:01 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:Ok, I'm gonna make two posts. Let's start with where I currently live, Las Palmas.

It's, to put it simply, a cradle of filth populated by scum. It has nice weather, tho...

Tomorrow I'll post about my hometown of Oviedo, and I promise it will be very, very different. :wink:

How tight! you are from the north too TMC. My family is from Pamplona, Navarra.

Yep. That's probably why we get along so well, Mr. C. :mrgreen:

Ok, gotta run... more later.

yeah man... i was thinkin to myself "TMC definately can't be a southerner, cuz those guys are weird (I think Sevilla melts their brains)." But yeah man, you gotta share us how Oviedo is like. BTW, is it a coincidence that its sister city is Tampa Bay, your football team's home?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:15 am
I grew up in St. Louis, went to university in Milwaukee, and have lived in Chicago and Los Angeles. Though I've been living in San Francisco for almost 20 years. The Mission District is funky and artistic, lots of great music and the best burritos on the planet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:26 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote: But yeah man, you gotta share us how Oviedo is like.

Ok, I'll start with a few pics, as one single pic will convey more than any amount of words...

Ok, some more info... On the bright side, it has a lot of history, culture, great food, it's pretty relaxed and secure...

But it's far from perfect. On the bad side (it has one, too), it's usually rainy and cold, very english-like weather, and can be pretty boring at times, particularly when you're used to the big city lights.

Mr. Crackerz wrote:BTW, is it a coincidence that its sister city is Tampa Bay, your football team's home?

Yep, I already was a Bucs fan before the sisterhood agreement was even signed. Just a coincidence.

Derrick Brooks had a lot more to do with me becoming a Bucs fan that anything else...
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:42 am
Stockton is the armpit of california. It was ranked THE MOST DEPRESSING CITY IN THE US last year, probably because of all the foreclosures. I will explain more when I have more energy.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:54 am
first off wrote:Stockton is the armpit of california. It was ranked THE MOST DEPRESSING CITY IN THE US last year, probably because of all the foreclosures. I will explain more when I have more energy.

Here i can add on. I was just there the other day...

Stockton is the second most crime-ridden city in the United States (first and third being Detroit and Flint, Michigan). Don't park your car, cuz it will get stolen. Dont want around, cuz you can die. Its too hot down there (so hot, the 49ers moved their summer camp from there). There are a whole bunch of empty business buildings, and they all are heavily boarded up/ filled with graffiti. Basically, the city is trash.

Hey, at least UOP is a pretty good school!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:36 am
I was born and raised in Napa CA. Growing up, I thought it sucked here, cause it was extremely boring. I moved around to Suisun, some kinda cool bars down on the waterfront area, Martinez, slight night life in Concord and Walnut Creek then to Vallejo. When I moved to Vallejo, I ended up right in the heart of the Ghetto. It was kinda like the eye of the storm I guess....neighborhood was calm, but to get in or out, you had to drive through some sh!tty areas. Had regular E40 sightings down on Magazine street. I have now made it full circle and returned to Napa.

While not very exciting, there is no place I would rather live and raise a family. Its a beautiful area, nestled amongst the vineyards and wineries. Not a lot of excitement, but as long as you have friends and family near, you dont need much else.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:51 am
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote: But yeah man, you gotta share us how Oviedo is like.

Ok, I'll start with a few pics, as one single pic will convey more than any amount of words...

Ok, some more info... On the bright side, it has a lot of history, culture, great food, it's pretty relaxed and secure...

But it's far from perfect. On the bad side (it has one, too), it's usually rainy and cold, very english-like weather, and can be pretty boring at times, particularly when you're used to the big city lights.

Mr. Crackerz wrote:BTW, is it a coincidence that its sister city is Tampa Bay, your football team's home?

Yep, I already was a Bucs fan before the sisterhood agreement was even signed. Just a coincidence.

Derrick Brooks had a lot more to do with me becoming a Bucs fan that anything else...
Are you still a Bucs fan :?:

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:11 pm
My hometown is boring, bland, and generic. It is boring, but I still love it. :D
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 pm
HiddenCounter wrote:My hometown is boring, bland, and generic. It is boring, but I still love it. :D

amazing.. this post actually explains the mentality behind your sig...

:mrgreen: :wink: :banghead: :bday: :shock: 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:39 pm
Jackattack wrote:
HiddenCounter wrote:My hometown is boring, bland, and generic. It is boring, but I still love it. :D

yeah no wonder.... i think the deficit just Octupled also (is that even a word? :mrgreen: )
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:42 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
first off wrote:Stockton is the armpit of california. It was ranked THE MOST DEPRESSING CITY IN THE US last year, probably because of all the foreclosures. I will explain more when I have more energy.

Here i can add on. I was just there the other day...

Stockton is the second most crime-ridden city in the United States (first and third being Detroit and Flint, Michigan). Don't park your car, cuz it will get stolen. Dont want around, cuz you can die. Its too hot down there (so hot, the 49ers moved their summer camp from there). There are a whole bunch of empty business buildings, and they all are heavily boarded up/ filled with graffiti. Basically, the city is trash.

Hey, at least UOP is a pretty good school!

UOP was a fvckin blast! Micheal Olawakandi went there so you know it's good! but man is stockton shiity.

just in the friends that I have met there:
-3 of them have had their car stolen
-4 of them have had their bike stolen (including me, thanks for only locking up the front tire, freshmen year roommate!)
-1 of them was stabbed, 5 were jumped (one of them winding up with a broken fist)
-my roomate got his laptop, digital camera and a few other expensive items stolen
other stuff I can't bother to think of too...

Played in a soccer tournament in July of '07 (w/ no subs and down a player)
Game 1: 8AM - 98 degrees
Game 2: 10:30AM - 103 degrees
Game 3: 2PM - 116 degrees! almost blacked out

all this and I'm actually going back there to do some science research with a professor @ UOP next week! :(
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:45 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
Jackattack wrote:

yeah no wonder.... i think the deficit just Quintupled also (is that even a word? :mrgreen: )
How does boring and bland have anything to do with my sig?
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:10 am
HiddenCounter wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
Jackattack wrote:

yeah no wonder.... i think the deficit just Quintupled also (is that even a word? :mrgreen: )
How does boring and bland have anything to do with my sig?

Get used to it, bud. There are liberals on this board.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum