Why can't GSW and Cleveland do a trade?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:34 pm
And to add on... what money? The cap is going to shrink. Who or what will they surround LeBron with? They CANNOT sign LeBron to a max deal like he will get and then go after another star for the max like Bosh. Cause then if they try, they won't have enough to surround them with talent to help them win. He'll talk to them, but in the end... Cleveland will be his town.

Besides, Cleveland can still offer him a max deal in 2010. And then they can still throw money at another big name. He wants a ring, not money, not exposure. He has two of those three things already.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:20 pm
We don't have any money to sign a top free agent next year despite our expirings. The reason we don't wanna take on alot of cap is too jeopordize our future with LeBron unless he commits or our 2011 cap space where we could have enough money for a good player.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:56 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Cleveland doesn't need anymore stars or me first scorers, as Lebron dominates the ball and the Cavs approach won't change from that any time soon. They need one or two backup bigs

Yeah, from what I've read, they're pretty happy with Shaq and Z together. Both are vets and cannot endure a season playing 40 mpg, but keeping both of them allows the Cavs to have a good center on the court most of the time.

They certainly don't seem interested in trading one of them. Particularly, not for Regrette. I think we might find a more willing trade partner in Miami (unless they get Boozer or AI), Boston or a few other teams. But not in Cleveland.

you done stole the words right out of my mouth. Shaq needs a quality back-up. also I might add, they need cap room to resign LeBron, so I doubt they trade their biggest expiring for a four year contract above the MLE
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:58 pm
CavFan wrote:We don't have any money to sign a top free agent next year despite our expirings. The reason we don't wanna take on alot of cap is too jeopordize our future with LeBron unless he commits or our 2011 cap space where we could have enough money for a good player.

Hey cavs fan I gotta ask you. were you a fan before LeBron came to town? and have you noted a ton of band-wagon fans since his arrival? just curious...
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:49 pm
first off wrote:
CavFan wrote:We don't have any money to sign a top free agent next year despite our expirings. The reason we don't wanna take on alot of cap is too jeopordize our future with LeBron unless he commits or our 2011 cap space where we could have enough money for a good player.

Hey cavs fan I gotta ask you. were you a fan before LeBron came to town? and have you noted a ton of band-wagon fans since his arrival? just curious...

Well the funny story with me is when I first got interested in baskeball and the Cavs it was because I got FSN Ohio and watched every Cavs game(and I don't live in Ohio) and the thing is I got it the year LeBron was a rookie. Been a Cav fan ever since. But as far as seeing alot of bandwagon......ya it has gotten worse.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:38 pm
bandwagoner
Previous

Return to Trades