Grading - Northwest Division

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which team will rank #1 in division

Utah
No votes
Denver
80%
Portland
No votes
Minnesota
No votes
Oklahoma City
20%

Total votes : 5

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:14 am
Utah - I expect Utah to get back to what they were before last season. They have pretty much the same group, though they could keep Boozer and let Millsap go or the other way around, trading Boozer and getting other players in return.

The PF situation for them is huge right now and though it looks like they have to decide whether to keep one of either Boozer or Millsap, they could keep both and just let Boozer leave in a year. Millsap's contract offer from Portland is cheap and Jazz likely will match, giving them alot of extra options going with Millsap's far cheaper contract instead of Boozer's. The biggest thing though is injuries to both or which ever one stays. Last season, both were injured a fair bit, but if injuries are low, Jazz win much more.

Jaz seem to have very good players at all positions except for SG, but they manage well and the young SGs they have likely will only improve.

Rank #1

Denver - They still will be a good team,but they need to keep all their players from last season, especially the main six or seven. Depth is a problem, but they do get by well.

Billups was great, but is in the last years of his career and if anything, he might just regress a bit. They do need to get help at guard still I think.

Injuries is the biggest thing, as Nene played alot last season, but tha was the first time he did.

Rank #2

Portland - Still getting better,but looking to ad even more players and what effect that will have is the question. Likely to still be a playoff team.

Blazers could be anywhere from a possible contender to barely playoff caliber, depending on how many of their young players perform. Oden is the standout for not doing as much as expected and maybe never getting much better.

Rank #3

Minnesota - Whether they get rubio there is the biggest factor, but even then their PGs are very young and unproven. Their young players likely will improve, but whether some of them are keepers is to be seen.

AJefferson and Love are keys to this team, as they are the bigs and could be one of the best PF and C duos in the nba, allowing for the other players to have it easier.

Hard to rate, likely they willcontinue being bad, but chance of winning 30-35 games.

Rank #4

Oklahoma City - Hard to rate, but pretty sure thing that this team will continue to lose alot, as they have no real good bigs.

Interesting to see where Harden fits in and whether he does well strait away.

Getting better, but without a good big, just going to continue losing.

Rank Last

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:49 am
I think it will be:
Denver
Portland (if they get millsap)
Utah
OKC
Minnesota
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:20 am
first off wrote:I think it will be:
Denver
Utah
OKC
Minnesota

that's what I was bout to post

that said, DON"T WRITE OFF OKC!!!

:P
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:33 pm
Quazza wrote:
Denver
Utah
OKC
Minnesota

If you're right, I will gladly put this in my sig. I think they're talented, but still too young and still need more significant work to be done. So I'm writing them off.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:22 am
#1 - Denver: Can't really see a reason why the Nuggets would slow down. Actually, I think they've improved by drafting Lawson and losing Jones, as that would free up more minutes for J.R. Smith.

#2 - Portland: Another year of experience for Roy, Aldridge, Oden... and the offseason ain't over yet. I expect big things from this Blazers team next year.

#3 - Utah: They have to focus on matching Millsap and gettign rid of Boozer. Still, they haven't improved much. Another good team, but they've reached their top with their current roster.

#4 - OKC: Contrary to Utah, this team still has a lot of room to grow. Durant, Green, Westbrook and Harden are great core to build around, but lack of experience, combined with lack of size, usually can be translated as "wait a couple more years".

#5 - Minny: Weird team. Lots of talented players, but a team without a plan right now.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:25 am
This division is deep with the top teams easily making the Play-offs. Very hard to predict top teams in this division.

1. Nuggets- No matter what people say about Carmelo dude can ball, with Billups, and a solid front-court i expect the Nuggets to do big things this coming season. Billups knows how to control the game getting others involved, and of course knocking down his own shots. I expect alot from this Nuggets.

# 2. Blazers- They were a young team last year, but very mature kind of like there leader Roy. He has established him-self as a top young player. They got almost nothing from Greg Oden last, so if he can step-up and contribute it will be a benifit to them, prove why you were the # 1 draft pick. NO major of season moves, as they got snubbed by many players and teams. Hedo or Odom would have been a nice addition to their team. I see them getting better, but so are the rest of the top teams.

3- Jazz- Utah is in a bit of Limbo with the whole (Boozer/Millsap) situation, but they still have Deron Williams and a coach that runs a winning system over there. A healthy Jazz team will make noise, but are losing there clout with all the uncertainty that looms. Still will make the play-offs though regardless.

4. OKC- Young team Kevin Durant is a monster, Westbrook came on strong last year, although he needs a jumper. The rest of the team though has alot of uncertainty. James Harden should be an immediate impact. I see him in the Brandon Roy Mold, not saying he will put up numbers like him but they are very similar.

5. Minnie- What a mess, yes Jefferson will get his, Flynn will have to prove himself, Love is decent, but were are the guards, this team is lottery bound once again.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:43 pm
xbay wrote:
Quazza wrote:
Denver
Utah
OKC
Minnesota

If you're right, I will gladly put this in my sig. I think they're talented, but still too young and still need more significant work to be done. So I'm writing them off.

haha in all honesty, do I think they'll make big noise? Well, no. I'm just a huge fan of Durant's
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:45 pm
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
Quazza wrote:
Denver
Utah
OKC
Minnesota

haha in all honesty, do I think they'll make big noise? Well, no. I'm just a huge fan of Durant's

Quazza do you check your PMs? I had sent you one

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum