Why can't GSW and Cleveland do a trade?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 pm
In my opinion, the warriors would make perfect trading partners with the cavs. The cavs might just be the only team in the NBA that might absorb a contract like Corey Maggette. Monta ellis with Lebron would be powerful in Cleveland. I suggested this a couple days ago in the chat thingy, but i am pretty serious.

Do the Cavs need Big Z? I dont think so. they just got shaq. Z is in his 30's already, and would be wanted in half the NBA teams. What do they need. They need another side kick. they got #2a with Mo, but he is no Pippin. Now 2b with Monta or Maggs into a lineup like that would be amazing.

If the warriors can get a 3 or 4 player trade, maybe the warriors can get a PF with the trade of Monta and/or Maggs (throwing in Marco Belly) AND the dubs would be able to keep AB. I am not good with senarios, so i leave that with you. Can anyone think of some good scenarios that will realistically help us (and every other team) with a trade with Cleveland AND getting rid of Maggs and/or monta, while bringing in a PF.

I will try to think of something that all teams like. Then i can twitter ric bucher the best proposal so he can make a story and run with it for a few days on sportcenter :mrgreen: (u da man ric [aka warriors are my life] Bucher)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:49 pm
Cleveland doesn't need anymore stars or me first scorers, as Lebron dominates the ball and the Cavs approach won't change from that any time soon. They need one or two backup bigs
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:14 pm
migya wrote:Cleveland doesn't need anymore stars or me first scorers, as Lebron dominates the ball and the Cavs approach won't change from that any time soon. They need one or two backup bigs


Yeah, from what I've read, they're pretty happy with Shaq and Z together. Both are vets and cannot endure a season playing 40 mpg, but keeping both of them allows the Cavs to have a good center on the court most of the time.

They certainly don't seem interested in trading one of them. Particularly, not for Regrette. I think we might find a more willing trade partner in Miami (unless they get Boozer or AI), Boston or a few other teams. But not in Cleveland.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:50 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Cleveland doesn't need anymore stars or me first scorers, as Lebron dominates the ball and the Cavs approach won't change from that any time soon. They need one or two backup bigs


Yeah, from what I've read, they're pretty happy with Shaq and Z together. Both are vets and cannot endure a season playing 40 mpg, but keeping both of them allows the Cavs to have a good center on the court most of the time.

They certainly don't seem interested in trading one of them. Particularly, not for Regrette. I think we might find a more willing trade partner in Miami (unless they get Boozer or AI), Boston or a few other teams. But not in Cleveland.



If there is to be a great trade out there, I really think it still is for Amare (who has been put out for trades) or TMac (who has also been put out for trades). Not sure what other teams look to be trading and what other players out there would be worth going after
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:22 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Cleveland doesn't need anymore stars or me first scorers, as Lebron dominates the ball and the Cavs approach won't change from that any time soon. They need one or two backup bigs


Yeah, from what I've read, they're pretty happy with Shaq and Z together. Both are vets and cannot endure a season playing 40 mpg, but keeping both of them allows the Cavs to have a good center on the court most of the time.

They certainly don't seem interested in trading one of them. Particularly, not for Regrette. I think we might find a more willing trade partner in Miami (unless they get Boozer or AI), Boston or a few other teams. But not in Cleveland.



If there is to be a great trade out there, I really think it still is for Amare (who has been put out for trades) or TMac (who has also been put out for trades). Not sure what other teams look to be trading and what other players out there would be worth going after


Not really. Big Z said he just fine coming off the bench backing up Shaq. Varejao is most likely their starting PF. What they NEED is a back up for LeBron. This is why signing someone like a Trevor Ariza or James Posey was significant for them to do for the new season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:22 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Cleveland doesn't need anymore stars or me first scorers, as Lebron dominates the ball and the Cavs approach won't change from that any time soon. They need one or two backup bigs


Yeah, from what I've read, they're pretty happy with Shaq and Z together. Both are vets and cannot endure a season playing 40 mpg, but keeping both of them allows the Cavs to have a good center on the court most of the time.

They certainly don't seem interested in trading one of them. Particularly, not for Regrette. I think we might find a more willing trade partner in Miami (unless they get Boozer or AI), Boston or a few other teams. But not in Cleveland.



If there is to be a great trade out there, I really think it still is for Amare (who has been put out for trades) or TMac (who has also been put out for trades). Not sure what other teams look to be trading and what other players out there would be worth going after


Not really. Big Z said he just fine coming off the bench backing up Shaq. Varejao is most likely their starting PF. What they NEED is a back up for LeBron. This is why signing someone like a Trevor Ariza or James Posey was significant for them to do for the new season.



They did just sign Anthony Parker and he will either be Lebron's backup or the starting SG, ahead of Delonte. Either way, they add depth.

Neither Shaq or Ilgauskas will play much more than 25mins, so both will basically be the Centers. Cavs do need a backup for Varejao now that BWallace has gone. That's really the only thing they need, a backup PG might be handy as well, but really, they look much better than last season already
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:18 am
migya wrote:Cleveland doesn't need anymore stars or me first scorers, as Lebron dominates the ball and the Cavs approach won't change from that any time soon. They need one or two backup bigs


good point...they'd take Azu or Turiaf off your hands to strengthen their bench, but thost two happen to be your two best contracts, based on value...

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:27 pm
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Cleveland doesn't need anymore stars or me first scorers, as Lebron dominates the ball and the Cavs approach won't change from that any time soon. They need one or two backup bigs


Yeah, from what I've read, they're pretty happy with Shaq and Z together. Both are vets and cannot endure a season playing 40 mpg, but keeping both of them allows the Cavs to have a good center on the court most of the time.

They certainly don't seem interested in trading one of them. Particularly, not for Regrette. I think we might find a more willing trade partner in Miami (unless they get Boozer or AI), Boston or a few other teams. But not in Cleveland.



If there is to be a great trade out there, I really think it still is for Amare (who has been put out for trades) or TMac (who has also been put out for trades). Not sure what other teams look to be trading and what other players out there would be worth going after


Not really. Big Z said he just fine coming off the bench backing up Shaq. Varejao is most likely their starting PF. What they NEED is a back up for LeBron. This is why signing someone like a Trevor Ariza or James Posey was significant for them to do for the new season.


They have Anthony Parker now...he can play both 2 and 3. lebron is gonna play about 30-35 minutes a game as is west, so about 25 minutes off the bench from parker isnt bad...unless they start parker...in which case it still works out.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:21 pm
Parker is 34 years old... i really dont see him being any better over last year (though, he is a late bloomer, so anything is possible). Big Z is 34 and Shaq is 37. The point is, they got some aging players. And overspending on young ems that havent panned out (gibson, varejao). In the end of the day, this isnt a special team. They are in contention because LBJ is that good. But ferry needs to pull off a move to bring in a number 2b guy (they have 2a in Williams). Thats how i see this team becoming dominant. Less pressure on LBJ and Williams (which we saw in the playoffs, he was overwhelmed at times).
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 pm
I think Ferry and Cavs owners know that Lebron will go to New York and have tried to go for a championship this season. Lebron will go where the money and power is and New York, though things economically are getting worse, continue to make money and have the best exposure for endorsements and so forth
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:46 pm
migya wrote:I think Ferry and Cavs owners know that Lebron will go to New York and have tried to go for a championship this season. Lebron will go where the money and power is and New York, though things economically are getting worse, continue to make money and have the best exposure for endorsements and so forth


i disagree. i dont think he'll go where the money is. I think he'll go where he feels he has the best chance at winning a ring. He'll go to New York if they bring in the kind of talent that could win.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:49 pm
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:I think Ferry and Cavs owners know that Lebron will go to New York and have tried to go for a championship this season. Lebron will go where the money and power is and New York, though things economically are getting worse, continue to make money and have the best exposure for endorsements and so forth


i disagree. i dont think he'll go where the money is. I think he'll go where he feels he has the best chance at winning a ring. He'll go to New York if they bring in the kind of talent that could win.



Since New York has the money, they can build a champion team. Getting Lebron will attract other great players, the key to building a great team is getting a star, so showing that the chances of being a champion team is possible.

Lebron is a megastar, Cleveland is small market, New York is the biggest market there is. Lebron has showed he wants to be where the action is and so he'll go to New York, it looks pretty certain
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:55 pm
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:I think Ferry and Cavs owners know that Lebron will go to New York and have tried to go for a championship this season. Lebron will go where the money and power is and New York, though things economically are getting worse, continue to make money and have the best exposure for endorsements and so forth


i disagree. i dont think he'll go where the money is. I think he'll go where he feels he has the best chance at winning a ring. He'll go to New York if they bring in the kind of talent that could win.



Since New York has the money, they can build a champion team. Getting Lebron will attract other great players, the key to building a great team is getting a star, so showing that the chances of being a champion team is possible.

Lebron is a megastar, Cleveland is small market, New York is the biggest market there is. Lebron has showed he wants to be where the action is and so he'll go to New York, it looks pretty certain


To the bolded statement...Yes. I agree, they can build a championship team with that money.

To the underlined statement...I agree, but disagree. the statement itsself, i agree with. But I think it has to go the other way. New York has to get quality players to attract Lebron. If I was Lebron, there is no way I'd go to a weak team in HOPES that they'll get better players after acquiring me. Just like Boston and KG. KG agreed to the idea of going to Boston AFTER getting Ray Allen on draft day.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21377
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:I think Ferry and Cavs owners know that Lebron will go to New York and have tried to go for a championship this season. Lebron will go where the money and power is and New York, though things economically are getting worse, continue to make money and have the best exposure for endorsements and so forth


i disagree. i dont think he'll go where the money is. I think he'll go where he feels he has the best chance at winning a ring. He'll go to New York if they bring in the kind of talent that could win.



Since New York has the money, they can build a champion team. Getting Lebron will attract other great players, the key to building a great team is getting a star, so showing that the chances of being a champion team is possible.

Lebron is a megastar, Cleveland is small market, New York is the biggest market there is. Lebron has showed he wants to be where the action is and so he'll go to New York, it looks pretty certain


To the bolded statement...Yes. I agree, they can build a championship team with that money.

To the underlined statement...I agree, but disagree. the statement itsself, i agree with. But I think it has to go the other way. New York has to get quality players to attract Lebron. If I was Lebron, there is no way I'd go to a weak team in HOPES that they'll get better players after acquiring me. Just like Boston and KG. KG agreed to the idea of going to Boston AFTER getting Ray Allen on draft day.



I think it's different with Lebron. He is very young and knows he has many years to get championships, not that he wants to wait long to start getting them. What he wants is money and power, I'm pretty certain of that and in New York is where he'll get it, not in Cleveland.

As far as the situation in Cleveland; They have a good team for one season and next offseason they'll have to replace Shaq and maybe Big Z, as he might retire. They are not secure right now and it's not just with Lebron, but other players as well
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:18 pm
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:I think Ferry and Cavs owners know that Lebron will go to New York and have tried to go for a championship this season. Lebron will go where the money and power is and New York, though things economically are getting worse, continue to make money and have the best exposure for endorsements and so forth


i disagree. i dont think he'll go where the money is. I think he'll go where he feels he has the best chance at winning a ring. He'll go to New York if they bring in the kind of talent that could win.



Since New York has the money, they can build a champion team. Getting Lebron will attract other great players, the key to building a great team is getting a star, so showing that the chances of being a champion team is possible.

Lebron is a megastar, Cleveland is small market, New York is the biggest market there is. Lebron has showed he wants to be where the action is and so he'll go to New York, it looks pretty certain


To the bolded statement...Yes. I agree, they can build a championship team with that money.

To the underlined statement...I agree, but disagree. the statement itsself, i agree with. But I think it has to go the other way. New York has to get quality players to attract Lebron. If I was Lebron, there is no way I'd go to a weak team in HOPES that they'll get better players after acquiring me. Just like Boston and KG. KG agreed to the idea of going to Boston AFTER getting Ray Allen on draft day.



I think it's different with Lebron. He is very young and knows he has many years to get championships, not that he wants to wait long to start getting them. What he wants is money and power, I'm pretty certain of that and in New York is where he'll get it, not in Cleveland.

As far as the situation in Cleveland; They have a good team for one season and next offseason they'll have to replace Shaq and maybe Big Z, as he might retire. They are not secure right now and it's not just with Lebron, but other players as well


I'm pretty certain he'll stay in Cleveland. Mainly because the Cavs will have a ton of money to throw to Chris Bosh or any other top free agent next season, and they'll do. And you gotta consider that Lebron is form Ohio. That also matters A LOT. The only thing he'd get in NY are more endorsements, but it's not like he's short of those.


I don't know, I think he'll visit the Knicks and will consider them as an option, but will ultimately sign back with the Cavs.
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron