Allen Iverson to the Clippers?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:50 pm
we're meeting with him today, and if he agrees to come off the bench as the best sixth man in nba history, we get him.....stay tuned, lotta action goin down in clipperland

btw: a one year deal for A.I. would still keep our boatload of money status intact for 2010....here we go!!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 pm
Dude are you blind there is a thread for NBA Free Agent movement. Get a clue.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:03 pm
ClipperGM wrote:we're meeting with him today, and if he agrees to come off the bench as the best sixth man in nba history, we get him.....stay tuned, lotta action goin down in clipperland

btw: a one year deal for A.I. would still keep our boatload of money status intact for 2010....here we go!!!!

So, the Pistons were good and they got Iverson and they turned to crap. The Nuggets were decent and they got rid of Iverson and they became great. The Clippers are the Clippers.....if they add Iverson.....guess what happens? I could see being excited about getting Iverson 5 years ago, but definitely not now. He may agree to come off the bench right now, because he wants to get signed. See how he reacts when he has to come off the bench. Practice, we talkin about practice....and I aint even gonna get in the game?
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:14 pm
that's why the deal is contingent on A.I. agreeing to come off the bench, which he's never agreed to before...if AI agrees, then he's gonna torch C.J. Watson...HAHAHAHHA
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:28 pm
ClipperGM wrote:that's why the deal is contingent on A.I. agreeing to come off the bench, which he's never agreed to before...if AI agrees, then he's gonna torch C.J. Watson...HAHAHAHHA

Dont even know if C.J. Watson is still going to be here. Given what they did last year, I would say CJ had a better season than AI. Like I said though Clipper, its easy to say you will come off the bench in order to get signed....we will see how he reacts 20-50 games in when the Clippers are under .500 and he is still expected to come off the bench.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:36 pm
I can't wait to see The Cancer ruin the Clippers.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:38 pm
xbay wrote:I can't wait to see The Cancer ruin the Clippers.

The Canswer?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:39 pm
"Always" Next wrote:

The Canswer?

That could work.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:40 pm

hey, it'll be a ONE year deal, so if he ruins us, we still got a nice core line-up with baron, eric, thornton, blake, kaman, deandre, plus a high lottery pick, if he ruins us....not to mention $25M plus to add to the above line up in the FA crop of 2010...........

one year gamble worth it, since we're currently borderline to make the 8th seed...if AI brings right attitude, although a big IF, he could sneak us in to the 8th seed....clippers vs. lakers 1st round! Lakers in 6...lol
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:41 pm
Baron and Monta worked very very well...AI is quick too...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:55 pm
ClipperGM wrote:that's why the deal is contingent on A.I. agreeing to come off the bench, which he's never agreed to before...if AI agrees, then he's gonna torch C.J. Watson...HAHAHAHHA

Wow but for the amount of possessions that will take, we will have run up the score by then. And Turiaf will undoubtedly send some of those shots into the stands since AI is even more predictable than he used to be. Multiple people on Jim Rome pretty much just summed up why AI in LA won't yield much success.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 pm
ClipperGM wrote:Baron and Monta worked very very well...AI is quick too...

Monta and AI are totally different players. Put Baron and AI together several years ago and then you would have something to talk about. Iverson is AI only in name these days.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 pm
hey, if you match up the salaries, then it basically becomes this trade:

Zach

FOR

A.I. & Q-Rich (LAC saves about $2M cash up front)

PLUS: Zach had two more years left....A.I. and Q-Rich are EXPIRING, giving us $25M-plus in the summer of 2010!!! (including camby and ricky davis which are expiring)...who wouldn't make that trade....we were heavy in the front court so we traded zach to bring on his much better twin in the Guard position.....
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:13 pm
ClipperGM wrote:hey, if you match up the salaries, then it basically becomes this trade:

Zach

FOR

PLUS: Zach had two more years left....A.I. and Q-Rich are EXPIRING, giving us $25M-plus in the summer of 2010!!! (including camby and ricky davis which are expiring)...who wouldn't make that trade....we were heavy in the front court so we traded zach to bring on his much better twin in the Guard position.....

Hey ClipperGM.....how much cap room are you going to have this coming offseason? 25M? you dont say...maybe you should include that # in one of your posts....oh wait....its in every one.

who cares how much cap room you have, you will use it to overpay for average players like we did with Maggette.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:08 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
ClipperGM wrote:hey, if you match up the salaries, then it basically becomes this trade:

Zach

FOR

Hey ClipperGM.....how much cap room are you going to have this coming offseason? 25M? you dont say...maybe you should include that # in one of your posts....oh wait....its in every one.

who cares how much cap room you have, you will use it to overpay for average players like we did with Maggette.

HAHAHAHAHA...did we hire Mullin as our GM???? don't scare me like that
Next

Return to NBA Forum