What would you like to see happen

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21412
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:00 pm
Feel like having another interactive thread and since the Legends Redistribution thread has not received the interested that was expected, yet, this one might.

What moves would you make or like to see made this offseason and they have to be feasible, have possiblity of happening.


I'd like to see Amare come here, but he obviously seems a bit arrogant at the moment and wants a max contract. Getting him and wanting to keep him, means offering a max contract in a year. I'd still go for him, just because he is a star and making a contender starts with having a star, preferrably a star big and Amare is that.

Next, I'd look to trade Monta, tagging him with either Maggette or SJack for tMac. Why, because tMac is an expirer and we need to get rid of one of the two bad contracts. I'd ask for either Lowry or Brooks as well, at least a future 1st rounder as well as tMac, as that replaces Monta. This trade is not needed after the Amare trade, but worth exploring.

Maybe Chicago is looking to get rid of Deng, as he has been a disappointment since signing his big contract. I'd look to trade Maggette for him. I'd rather Hinrich, but now that Gordon is gone, they'd want to keep him. Deng is a better inside player than Maggette and younger. The recent injuries to Deng are something to think about, but Maggette has always been an injury riddled player.

If either Monta or Curry or both happen to get traded, I'd go after Felton real hard. He is gettable and the team would then be in need of a distributor, even are right now really
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:38 am
as much as I've been on the "OMFG GET AMARE" train, I'd happily de-rail it for Cohen selling the team

Would have a more positive effect on us than any (well, almost any) player coming to us


ok right-just realised we're in the trade section here. My bad:)

All Star
Posts: 3122
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:56 am
I would to get Deng. what the rush to trade Monta though ? I rather see what he can do this season before i right him off. I dont see no other warrior that has proven to score the way Monta has. I dont see the rush in getting rid of him.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:05 pm
assuming that we are set on running monta at the point, i would get a defensive small forward who is capable of starting.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:36 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:I would to get Deng. what the rush to trade Monta though ? I rather see what he can do this season before i right him off. I dont see no other warrior that has proven to score the way Monta has. I dont see the rush in getting rid of him.


ditto, his trade value is going to be **** anyway. he has not proved he is worth his contract yet, therefore he is stuck with us for now. plus I think he will work as a PG.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21412
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:59 am
first off wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:I would to get Deng. what the rush to trade Monta though ? I rather see what he can do this season before i right him off. I dont see no other warrior that has proven to score the way Monta has. I dont see the rush in getting rid of him.


ditto, his trade value is going to be **** anyway. he has not proved he is worth his contract yet, therefore he is stuck with us for now. plus I think he will work as a PG.



Think Curry will be the PG and Monta the SG
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 3122
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:41 pm
migya wrote:
first off wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:I would to get Deng. what the rush to trade Monta though ? I rather see what he can do this season before i right him off. I dont see no other warrior that has proven to score the way Monta has. I dont see the rush in getting rid of him.


ditto, his trade value is going to be **** anyway. he has not proved he is worth his contract yet, therefore he is stuck with us for now. plus I think he will work as a PG.



Think Curry will be the PG and Monta the SG


The best scenario for the warriors would be Curry breaking Monta at pg.
Am spectacle on how they match-up together against other teams, but am willing to wait until the season starts to make the assessment. But knowing Nellie Monta will be playing majority of the game, meaning a backcourt of Curry/Monta will have to prove themselves.

At this point lets see if Monta can in-fact get back to form, if so nice, after that lets evalute Curry and how he fits into the equation. If Curry can produce and be a stable efficient pg then take the risk try with him and Monta. Now if Monta some how puts up huge #'s and even makes the all-star, then warriors will to make very important choice on keeping him or letting him go. As it stands we can only know the true value of Monta and Curry when the season starts.

On another note am warming up to the Idea of Sheldon Williams, a bulky player needed to match up against the competition. He was such a beast at Duke. Also another name that comes to mind is Ryan Collins, God forbids 1 post player goes down, we will be thin, therefore the need for a solid bench post is needed.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:42 am
Heres what I'd like to see happen:

Beli moves from back up SG to back up Point guard. we trade Law for a protected first or second round draft pick. We sign Ime Udoka to a $2M 2yr contract and Sheldon Williams to a $3.85M 3yrs contract using the mid level exception (both have annual pay raises of 5% and 7% respectfully). We give morrow an extension for two years ~$2M 3yr contract with a 5% annual raise. we sign Jamal Sampson to a one year minimum deal.

Monta / Curry / Belinelli
Jackson / Morrow / Udoka
Maggette / Azubukie
Randolph / Williams / Wright
Biedrins / Turiaf / Sampson (or Davidson whoever performs better in the SL - right now I like Sampson though)

5 year projection
Image

Next year...
Wright or Sampson goes. we test both this year and see which one we need more. if sampson goes, Williams slips down to the 3rd string center. If we have a pick next year, we either trade it too another team or drop beli.

by the way I'll end my williams and udoka man crush postings. this is the last one.
Last edited by first off on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21412
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:48 am
I don't understand all this liking for sheldon Williams. The guy has been a bust and couldn't even crack the rotation of the Kings pathetic lineup.

I'll keep what we have and add someone of known proven ability if anyone is added at all
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:55 am
migya wrote:I don't understand all this liking for sheldon Williams. The guy has been a bust and couldn't even crack the rotation of the Kings pathetic lineup.

I'll keep what we have and add someone of known proven ability if anyone is added at all



I have to agree. Have seen him play probably half a dozen times, and he's done nothing? Would love him to be my landlord though-rent would be cheap as and anyone could stay

Rookie
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:50 am
Location: Vallejo
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:27 am
its because he's married to Candice Parker. If Sheldon Williams comes here, his wife might stop by once in a while.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:30 am
if you guys can convince houston to take monta along wit mag's contract for t-mac's expiring, i think it would be a win (a dream scenario would be trading Jax/Mags for T-mac's expiring tho!! Buke can play sg/sf just fine at $3M per)...you can suffer for a year of losing, BUT:

*will get another lottery pick, which could be John Wall, who'd be perfect next to steph curry, since he's a nice sized PG.

*t-mac might jell well and sign an extension for $3M per year....

*you'll have boatloads of money to sign TWO nice pieces in 2010, like how the Pistons did with ben gordon and charlie v.


GSW isn't winning a title next year for sure and will probably never win one with the "current" core...getting immediate cap space and unloading a toxic contract would be a "quick" one year rebuild, which isn't so bad, since you guys seem to be in a long rebuilding plan right now....

I'd normally say the same for the LAC, if we didn't get blake, but since we got him, might as well go for it, and we have money for 2010 right now, so in a different situation than GSW...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21412
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:53 pm
ClipperGM wrote:if you guys can convince houston to take monta along wit mag's contract for t-mac's expiring, i think it would be a win (a dream scenario would be trading Jax/Mags for T-mac's expiring tho!! Buke can play sg/sf just fine at $3M per)...you can suffer for a year of losing, BUT:

*will get another lottery pick, which could be John Wall, who'd be perfect next to steph curry, since he's a nice sized PG.

*t-mac might jell well and sign an extension for $3M per year....

*you'll have boatloads of money to sign TWO nice pieces in 2010, like how the Pistons did with ben gordon and charlie v.


GSW isn't winning a title next year for sure and will probably never win one with the "current" core...getting immediate cap space and unloading a toxic contract would be a "quick" one year rebuild, which isn't so bad, since you guys seem to be in a long rebuilding plan right now....

I'd normally say the same for the LAC, if we didn't get blake, but since we got him, might as well go for it, and we have money for 2010 right now, so in a different situation than GSW...



I agree with you a bit and doing that trade for TMac would give the team some options, especially financially, but Houston likely won't want any high salary contracts, not unless they get a proven star or two and Maggette certainly isn't that and Monta is a question mark after his ankle injury
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest