The All MMA Things Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:12 pm
xbay wrote:I'm with you on everything except the last one. I want Lesnar. Lesnar was tearing him up first time, but then he got caught up thanks to Mir's superb BJJ skills.

I'm kind of sick of Lesnar already. He's definitely something to watch, but i get tired of his attitude. he's so robotic, sort of like ivan drago. The guy says he doesn't respect any of his opponents or anything, i hope Mir submits his ass again.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:24 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
xbay wrote:I'm with you on everything except the last one. I want Lesnar. Lesnar was tearing him up first time, but then he got caught up thanks to Mir's superb BJJ skills.

I'm kind of sick of Lesnar already. He's definitely something to watch, but i get tired of his attitude. he's so robotic, sort of like ivan drago. The guy says he doesn't respect any of his opponents or anything, i hope Mir submits his ass again.

I guess it's cause I don't really watch Lesnar, so I'm rooting for him since he lost the first time around and I don't have any reason, yet, to dislike him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:00 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:UFC 100 is tonight!!!! Some really good matchups tonight. I hope Dan Henderson destroys Bisping. I'm not a fan of Alves or GSP but i hate GSP more, Go Thiago! As for the main event, I hope Mir tears apart Lesnar.

Be good to see Bisping lose. Be good to see Lesnar lose also. I'm somewhat undecided on GSP v Alves.Both guys are very good fighters and have no bad attitude, but GSP has started a good run and really could end up being the most dominant Welterweight champion ever

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:08 pm
UFC 100 write-up:

Sexyama over big legged dude from Mississippi-

really good fight, pretty much all stand up. White guy did more damage with his leg kicks alone, but I guess the japanese guy landed more shots, and did have a couple nice takedowns. I was surprised by the decision, but sherdog scored it for the japanese guy too, so i guess my eyes deceived me.

Hendo over Bisping-

If you hate Bisping (some people do), you got an early X-mas present: AWESOME KNOCKOUT. Fight wa pretty much Hendo in the center of the cage, stalking the englishman. Or hendo on top of the englishman. AWESOME KNOCKOUT. Had never seen a Bisping fight before, and I'm left completely unimpressed. Funny guy though. AWESOME KNOCKOUT.

GSP over Brazialian big dude-

GSP made it a wrestling match which he easily won. Alves just plain looks dangerous when he is on his feet, so I can't blame GSP for not wanting to trade with him. GSP apparently pulled a groin at some point in the fight, but it didn't stop him.

Lesnar over Mir-

Lesnar used his size and large hands to control Mir on the ground. When Lesnar let Mir stand up in the second round, Mir delivered some nice knees. Lesnar then brought him back down and pounded his face in. Post-fight was more interesting. Mir was bloody, Lesnar had his middle fingers out, Rogan tried to do an interview. Lesnar seems really cocky, but in a very un-selfpromoting kind of way. He just wants to be the best.

All in all a VERY GOOD SHOW tonight. VERY. GOOD.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:05 pm
Haven't seen it, but read a recap of the fights.

St.Pierre dominated Alves and really, who looks like beating him at Welterweight, noone right now. I'd like to see his next fight against Anderson Silva at Middleweight. St.Pierre walks around at about 190-195 pounds anyway so it would be an ideal weight.

Lesnar spanked Mir and noone looks like beating him.He is arrogant, but good for the business and that's how it is

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:05 pm
http://mmalinker.com/ if u wanna watch any of the fights
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:45 pm
Wow, did Lesnar really flick off the fans and do all those things during the post-fight? Okay, now I officially hate Lesnar. Not a role model at all... not that he said he wanted to be one. I hope someone de-thrones him fassst. His actions may be comical, but it was f*cked up. And what he said was immature.

This could be really bad for the UFC, because this is not what they need if they want more national exposure.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:15 pm
xbay wrote:Wow, did Lesnar really flick off the fans and do all those things during the post-fight? Okay, now I officially hate Lesnar. Not a role model at all... not that he said he wanted to be one. I hope someone de-thrones him fassst. His actions may be comical, but it was f*cked up. And what he said was immature.

This could be really bad for the UFC, because this is not what they need if they want more national exposure.

Lesnar is a complete dick. He's a monster in the octagon but he's such an asshole. That position mir was in was awful though. It was only a matter of time.

GSP is growing on me, i'm becoming a fan definitely. He really dominated a good fighter. Those takedowns were sick. The guy has praise for Alves after dominating him. I didn't like him at first but he really is a class act.

Hendo's knockout was crazy!!! Bisping was out and He jumps up and lands one more punch to the face. Henderson actually said at the end that he wouldn't normally do that but he wanted to shut him up. I'm sure he did!

The first fight was really good. I think it could have gone either way.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:10 pm
xbay wrote:Wow, did Lesnar really flick off the fans and do all those things during the post-fight? Okay, now I officially hate Lesnar. Not a role model at all... not that he said he wanted to be one. I hope someone de-thrones him fassst. His actions may be comical, but it was f*cked up. And what he said was immature.

Lesnar has arrogance and does and says some things that are not appropriate, but he is good for the UFC and he will only attract more WWE fans. He is the best thing, financially, to happen to the UFC ever

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:05 am
migya wrote:

Lesnar has arrogance and does and says some things that are not appropriate, but he is good for the UFC and he will only attract more WWE fans. He is the best thing, financially, to happen to the UFC ever

Very true. If there's anything Dana White needs, it's to lure away WWE fans because Vince McMahon is kicking Dana's a*s financially and attendance wise.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:09 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Very true. If there's anything Dana White needs, it's to lure away WWE fans because Vince McMahon is kicking Dana's a*s financially and attendance wise.

see I've always had a problem with that comparison. I'm a big fan of both, but they are totally different species imo. Wrestling is pretty much glorified reality(use the term loosely) TV. People tune in every week to catch their fave characters and the storly lines are straight Bold and The Beautiful

UFC shouldn't even try to compete the WWE. They'll get slayed. Millions of parents world wide let their kids watch it every week. Hell they even buy them Mysterio masks-very few would let em watch Lesner and Mir pummel **** out of each other

edit-wtf was Lesnar doing after the fight? Knocked him out and then had another go at him and had to be separated? wtf??

and man, Henderson knocking out Bisping was fkn brutal. Oh and awesome.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:08 am
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

see I've always had a problem with that comparison. I'm a big fan of both, but they are totally different species imo. Wrestling is pretty much glorified reality(use the term loosely) TV. People tune in every week to catch their fave characters and the storly lines are straight Bold and The Beautiful

UFC shouldn't even try to compete the WWE. They'll get slayed. Millions of parents world wide let their kids watch it every week. Hell they even buy them Mysterio masks-very few would let em watch Lesner and Mir pummel **** out of each other

UFC is real and respectful, for those that know anything, WWE (and I haven't watched fake wrestling regularly for some 16 years) is just theatrical playing and utter stupidity at that

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:53 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

UFC is real and respectful, for those that know anything, WWE (and I haven't watched fake wrestling regularly for some 16 years) is just theatrical playing and utter stupidity at that

It may be that, but for something that is "theatrical" and "utter stupidity" has been mainstream and probably, one of the, if not the most successful sports entertainment brands in American history... EVER. Hate it or love it, WWE will continue to grow, and fans will continue to pour in.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:51 pm
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

exactly-so there's no comparison. 2 entirley different things

Read an article where D White is saying a Lesnar Fedor fight is imminent. Sweet!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:05 pm
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

exactly-so there's no comparison. 2 entirley different things

Read an article where D White is saying a Lesnar Fedor fight is imminent. Sweet!!!

read that too and i cant wait.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board