Marion to Dallas in a 3 Way

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:49 am
No not Debbie, the Mavs

The Mavericks, Raptors and Grizzlies have agreed to a deal in principle that will send Shawn Marion to Dallas, according to NBA sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the trade will also send Jerry Stackhouse to the Grizzlies, with one source close to the process saying that a trade call with the league office to formalize the deal has been planned for Thursday.

The known parameters of the deal call for Marion to receive a five-year contract in the region of $40 million from the Mavericks and land Stackhouse in Memphis, where he will be bought out by the Grizzlies. Dallas will send Memphis $2 million by Aug. 10th to pay for the buyout.

Toronto will receive unspecified draft considerations and/or cash, but the involvement of a fourth team virtually assures that other players from the Mavericks and Grizzlies will be involved.

Via ESPN.com

All Star
» Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:08 pm
i believe it became a 4-way deal involving orlando also. they turned the turkoglu signing into a sign and trade which allowed orlando to get an 8million+ TE, and allowed toronto to keep their MLE to use on someone else.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:48 pm
E-Man wrote:i believe it became a 4-way deal involving orlando also. they turned the turkoglu signing into a sign and trade which allowed orlando to get an 8million+ TE, and allowed toronto to keep their MLE to use on someone else.

Correct.

Role Player
» Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:26 pm
wow teams in the west making big moves.... its gonna be a long season, thats if the dubs don't make any smart moves.

All Star
» Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:54 pm
[quote="E-Man"]i believe it became a 4-way [quote]

Indeed it did-kinky

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:53 pm
E-Man wrote:i believe it became a 4-way deal involving orlando also. they turned the turkoglu signing into a sign and trade which allowed orlando to get an 8million+ TE, and allowed toronto to keep their MLE to use on someone else.

Orlando just allowed themselves to get someone else to replace Turkoglu. They are really making the right moves and could be the favourites for the championship if they can sign another allstar caliber player. Who knows, they might trade for Amare very soon and give fillers, along with the TE, to get it done and have Amare for one year at least. Likely they'll pay Gordat to stay