The Official Warriors Blacklist

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 3310
» Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:19 pm
there are a lot of players that i dont like/ hate such as manu and nocioni for their doctorates in flopping, dunleavy for his bachelors in flopping, and kobe just simply cuz he's a laker...but if there is one guy i would never want to see in a warriors uni, no matter how cheap he came, no matter how much time he spends on the bench, no matter if we have a team of manu's,, nocioni's, hell i would rather have a team of retired bimbo coles'...the ONE guy i never want to see as a dub...

Eddy mutha f*ckin Curry!
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 229
» Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:19 pm
I bet if you go to a Knick's message board Curry and Marbury would be on their blacklist as well. They're definitely on D'Antoni's.

Oct 29th
E. Curry DNP - Coach's Decision
S. Marbury DNP - Coach's Decision
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:37 am
Hey, Bigs, remember you asked me why I had KG on my blacklist?. It's for things like this one, pal:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORw7hl5WfB4[/youtube]


For some reason, he has a pretty good rep, but he's one of the dirtiest players since Karl Malone's elbows retired. But as he's a cinderella story for the league, nobody really talks about it.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:40 am
TMC wrote:Hey, Bigs, remember you asked me why I had KG on my blacklist?. It's for things like this one, pal:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORw7hl5WfB4[/youtube]


For some reason, he has a pretty good rep, but he's one of the dirtiest players since Karl Malone's elbows retired. But as he's a cinderella story for the league, nobody really talks about it.


WHAT!!!.............that was a serious entanglement, its not like he was out of the play and just went for him.............they both gave as good as each other, KG just added a LITTLE extra at the end.

Its cool though, we all spot things we dont like about players.............for me, if KG does sh*t like that (which in my mind wasnt bad at all and wasnt like a purposeful elbow or something) then for me its born out of his passion and competitive spirit............something I respect. :wink:

Hey if I was an NBA player, Id probably get in plenty of tangles like that, and I felt I was being unfairly hit, then Id hit back!!! :evil:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:42 am
bigstrads wrote:WHAT!!!.............that was a serious entanglement, its not like he was out of the play and just went for him.............they both gave as good as each other, KG just added a LITTLE extra at the end.

Its cool though, we all spot things we dont like about players.............for me, if KG does sh*t like that (which in my mind wasnt bad at all and wasnt like a purposeful elbow or something) then for me its born out of his passion and competitive spirit............something I respect. :wink:

Hey if I was an NBA player, Id probably get in plenty of tangles like that, and I felt I was being unfairly hit, then Id hit back!!! :evil:


Whatever. Give me Rasheed Wallace any day over KG. :wink:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:01 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:WHAT!!!.............that was a serious entanglement, its not like he was out of the play and just went for him.............they both gave as good as each other, KG just added a LITTLE extra at the end.

Its cool though, we all spot things we dont like about players.............for me, if KG does sh*t like that (which in my mind wasnt bad at all and wasnt like a purposeful elbow or something) then for me its born out of his passion and competitive spirit............something I respect. :wink:

Hey if I was an NBA player, Id probably get in plenty of tangles like that, and I felt I was being unfairly hit, then Id hit back!!! :evil:


Whatever. Give me Rasheed Wallace any day over KG. :wink:


Good luck with that!!! Sheed is the complete package.............nasty stuff on the court, and a prickly personality aswell.

Although, I do like Sheed for how honest and frank he is. :wink:

The nastiest on court thing Ive ever seen was J.R Reid, when playing for the Knicks, totally and purposefully elbowing A.C Green in the face.........for no reason!!! and knocking out loads of his teeth!!! (this was in the mid 90's)

Props to A.C though..........he didnt even react, he just started running around picking up his teeth of the floor!!! :shock:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:14 am
bigstrads wrote:Good luck with that!!! Sheed is the complete package.............nasty stuff on the court, and a prickly personality aswell.

Although, I do like Sheed for how honest and frank he is. :wink:


And he never keeps it going once the play is over. I don't ming players being a big dirty on game situations. It's those that don't stop when the play is over that I cannot stand.

Oh, and 'Sheed has a bad rep around the league, but if you listen carefully to everything he says, you'll find yourself agreeing with him more often than not.

bigstrads wrote:The nastiest on court thing Ive ever seen was J.R Reid, when playing for the Knicks, totally and purposefully elbowing A.C Green in the face.........for no reason!!! and knocking out loads of his teeth!!! (this was in the mid 90's)

Props to A.C though..........he didnt even react, he just started running around picking up his teeth of the floor!!! :shock:


A.C. was probably worried wondering how was he going to get laid after losing his teeth. :mrgreen:

Still doesn't beat Kermit Washinton's punch to Tomjanovich, tho.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2860
» Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:26 am
My favorite Rasheed Wallace memory: I think right after getting a technical his coach benched him. He then got another technical while on the bench just for looking at the ref. people say that game was fixed though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhW8GrlEngU[/youtube]

speaking of nasty stuff...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKUyB_l_Ni8[/youtube]
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:38 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:WHAT!!!.............that was a serious entanglement, its not like he was out of the play and just went for him.............they both gave as good as each other, KG just added a LITTLE extra at the end.

Its cool though, we all spot things we dont like about players.............for me, if KG does sh*t like that (which in my mind wasnt bad at all and wasnt like a purposeful elbow or something) then for me its born out of his passion and competitive spirit............something I respect. :wink:

Hey if I was an NBA player, Id probably get in plenty of tangles like that, and I felt I was being unfairly hit, then Id hit back!!! :evil:


Whatever. Give me Rasheed Wallace any day over KG. :wink:


Good luck with that!!! Sheed is the complete package.............nasty stuff on the court, and a prickly personality aswell.

Although, I do like Sheed for how honest and frank he is. :wink:

The nastiest on court thing Ive ever seen was J.R Reid, when playing for the Knicks, totally and purposefully elbowing A.C Green in the face.........for no reason!!! and knocking out loads of his teeth!!! (this was in the mid 90's)

Props to A.C though..........he didnt even react, he just started running around picking up his teeth of the floor!!! :shock:


I dont know if anyone remembers the Byron Houston days, but if you do...do you remember when he blasted Vlade in the chops? Byron was on the floor with Divac over him and drilled him in the face and knocked Vlade to the floor. I actually like Houston, he was tough...one of those guys that if was just a little bit taller he could have been great. A great player at Oklahoma State I believe.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:21 am
"Always" Next wrote:I dont know if anyone remembers the Byron Houston days, but if you do...do you remember when he blasted Vlade in the chops? Byron was on the floor with Divac over him and drilled him in the face and knocked Vlade to the floor. I actually like Houston, he was tough...one of those guys that if was just a little bit taller he could have been great. A great player at Oklahoma State I believe.


I do. That was fun. Well, not for Vlade, I guess. :mrgreen:


I also remember him playing here in Spain. Guy was still a midget (for a PF, that is), but made himself a nice career just by hustling and playing hard.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:29 am
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:I dont know if anyone remembers the Byron Houston days, but if you do...do you remember when he blasted Vlade in the chops? Byron was on the floor with Divac over him and drilled him in the face and knocked Vlade to the floor. I actually like Houston, he was tough...one of those guys that if was just a little bit taller he could have been great. A great player at Oklahoma State I believe.


I do. That was fun. Well, not for Vlade, I guess. :mrgreen:


I also remember him playing here in Spain. Guy was still a midget (for a PF, that is), but made himself a nice career just by hustling and playing hard.


The era of Tiny (well short) Warrior PFs with him, then Fortson...I liked both of those guys. Fortson could clean the glass. Im hoping Wright and Randolph will be the next generation of great forwards for this team with their length and athletecism and shot blocking.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2860
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:02 am
bump who would you like to avoid this year?

KAMAN!
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21924
» Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:51 am
first off wrote:bump who would you like to avoid this year?

KAMAN!



Gooden, as of what was written a few hours ago about getting him.

As the roster is right now, really anyone else, unles it's in a trade. I don't think the team has space for anyone else, unless it's another very good rebounding big that will be used for a few minutes a game and even then, it would take away from AR and BW

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests