2009 MLB All Star Game... No Bengie!!???

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:05 am
Bengie will not be playing in this years all star game, instead his little brother, Yadier, will. I'm not going to post their stats if you want to see them then check out mlb.com or something. But Bengie has his baby bro significantly beat in every statistical category other than BB, SB, and AVG (Yaddy- .281, Bengie - .276). This is why the fans shouldn't vote for all star games in sports.

It's cool that we are sending Tmmy and I believe Cain is going also or is a reserve or something. But Yadier going over Bengie is crap!!

And Sandoval not making it is bullshit also, he should be starting!! His numbers are WAAAAY better than the starter's, David Wright!!! Here they are:

Wright: AVG: .326, HR: 5, RBI: 42
Sandoval: AVG: .333, HR: 12, RBI: 44

Bullshiit popularity contest!

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:07 pm
Of course it's a popularity contest. That's usually what happens when fans vote for something. David Wright is far more sexy than Sandoval, a guy most casual fans have likely are not familiar with.

I'm just happy to see Timmy and Cain representing.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:06 pm
In all honesty, Bengie doesn't deserve it this year. He's been in basically a month long slump. Sandoval deserves to make it, so lets vote him in guys. It usually takes a year to get recognized, but if he makes it this year his name will be known.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:10 pm
Looking at the stats, Sandoval did get robbed. Ryan Zimmerman has no business there but he's the long rep from the Nationals. And I totally understand why that rule is there as it makes the MLB all-star game a ton more fun for everyone than the NBA all-star game where some teams (like the Warriors) haven't had a representative in more than a decade.

Sandoval is leading the NL Final Vote category right now.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:09 pm
Eh... Bengie didn't deserve it. He has decent numbers, but that slump hurt him.

But Pablo DESERVES it. I really hope and pray he makes it. The kid is a stud.

EDIT;

Okay, that grand slam should really seal the deal for him making that final spot.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:40 am
VOTER FRAUD!

I just tried to cast my vote for Pablo, and it told me I was ineligible to vote!

Damn you Obama!!...
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:17 pm
eh... people keep posting and saying that bengie doesn't deserve it, all im saying is check the numbers first bud. slump or no slump he deserves it, are you telling me that you'd rather have yadier out there fighting for home field advantage?

but it's probably for the best that bengie gets some extra rest...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 pm
JREED23 wrote:eh... people keep posting and saying that bengie doesn't deserve it, all im saying is check the numbers first bud. slump or no slump he deserves it, are you telling me that you'd rather have yadier out there fighting for home field advantage?

Well Bengie is not hitting .276 he's hitting .266 and had been in the .250's for a while and Yadier is hitting .281. Bengie has more HR and RBI but yadier has better OBP and OPS. Plus Yadier is a better defensive catcher at this point. I love Bengie, but realistically it's not really a snub this year.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:49 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
JREED23 wrote:eh... people keep posting and saying that bengie doesn't deserve it, all im saying is check the numbers first bud. slump or no slump he deserves it, are you telling me that you'd rather have yadier out there fighting for home field advantage?

Well Bengie is not hitting .276 he's hitting .266 and had been in the .250's for a while and Yadier is hitting .281. Bengie has more HR and RBI but yadier has better OBP and OPS. Plus Yadier is a better defensive catcher at this point. I love Bengie, but realistically it's not really a snub this year.

Yadier is the best defensive catcher in the NL and perhaps MLB. I don't follow the AL that closely but I can't think of anyone better.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:52 am
StuckInSoCal wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Yadier is the best defensive catcher in the NL and perhaps MLB. I don't follow the AL that closely but I can't think of anyone better.

And when you talk about catchers, defense has to be a factor, plus he can hit. Bengie is good for this team, but not an all start. I hope pablo makes it though.

Return to Sports Board