LeBron?......

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:41 pm
I'll start with Warriors, since warriors forum: $46M salary next year, but team options for Acie, AR, Brandan, Rocky. Assuming options for only rocky and AR are picked up, that'll put you guys around $50M...I'm sure warriors would go over the cap for Lebron though...he'll have to want to come to the bay area, which is also a pretty big market...Cle is still very strong possibility, but depends on a LOT....

Let's look at the big city teams:

NYK: 1st choice, but might be too short on talent in 2010 to even consider.

Chicago: they got talent, so maybe a sign n trade, if lebron get's interested

LA: Kobe wouldn't allow it. Clippers can only dream, but have the three most important things he'd be looking for:

1. big market city
2. talent on current roster that is not too old, so that he can think dynasty: blake, eric gordon, kaman, thornton, deandre
3. money to offer him (clips will have about $25-$30M space thanks to Zach trade and camby / ricky davis both expiring for 2010)

p.s. LA is 2nd to NYC in terms of how much money Lebron can make in endorsements...with a potential battle for "King of LA" with Kobe, it could potentially exceed NYC...just think nike puppet commercials running 24/7...

Clippers vs. Lakers games 4 times a year would be like Super Bowls - along with the endorsements and media frenzy surrounding those games alone...
Last edited by ClipperGM on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:44 pm
I'm hoping Lebron's agent googles and happens to stumble across this post...make your case for your team warriors fans!
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:17 pm
I doubt Lebron would pick the clippers, regardless of what hype you might hear. The Clippers are... well... The Clippers. I doubt he wants to spend another few years turning around a garbage team while he's in the prime of his career. He's going to go somewhere that can offer him and another great player max contracts, or to a team that already has playoff potential without him.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:29 pm
Clips and Warriors have ~40 Mill on the books for 2010. compare that to other teams around the league that have actually been prepping for the 2010 (NYK is less than 20M). no way lebron is going to either team.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:46 pm
first off wrote:Clips and Warriors have ~40 Mill on the books for 2010. compare that to other teams around the league that have actually been prepping for the 2010 (NYK is less than 20M). no way lebron is going to either team.

actually, if you subract Zach's $17.3M, then we'll be in the 20s....we're at $43M wit Zach's salary included currently, but the trade will go down july 8th...

We'll be in the 20s, low 30s, and STILL have our roster:

Baron
Eric Gordon
Thornton
Blake
Kaman
Deandre

Zach is off the books this year, and Camby and Ricky Davis will come off next year.....
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:52 pm
The Knicks will have six players on contract with being in the $20M-range for 2010:

Eddy Curry
Jared Jeffries
Danilo Galinari
Wilson Chandler
Joe Crawford
Chris Hunter

and no, that is not crawfish, but JOE Crawford...lol

Add Lebron and Bosh to that lineup and see what you get?.....
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:57 pm
would you trade:

Bosh / Wilson Chandler

FOR

Blake Griffin / Eric Gordon / Baron / Kaman / Al Thornton / Deandre Jordan ??
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:03 pm
OK man, seriously, enough of this crap. if you have to add something to a post you've already made, just hit the edit button and paste it in. it's not that hard.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:05 pm
first off wrote:OK man, seriously, enough of this crap. if you have to add something to a post you've already made, just hit the edit button and paste it in. it's not that hard.

haha..sorry i did it again...i've been better tho
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:08 pm
Seriously, WTF man???? Basically disguising your thread by naming it Lebron when it really is whether the CLippers can get him? WHy they hell aren't you banned? Nobody cares, and Lebron won't pick the Clippers.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:11 pm
Alright, well the Warriors sure as hell don't have the Cap space to sign LeBron, I already stated why Lebron won't come to the Clips in another thread (regardless of cap space). Yhis thread is dumb and belongs in the NBA forum if anything.

aren't those lebron to LAC pipe dreams for clipper forums?

Don't you get it man? in the WARRIORS BASKETBALL section of goldenstwarriors.com, we want to talk about dubs ball and nothing else. there's an off topic section and a NBA section and a sports section for stuff like this (not that I'd necessarily like to discuss it there either).
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:16 pm
yes, this does not belong in the forum. moving
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:39 am
thanks to the lux tax being lower, NYK may only be able to sign ONE superstar, but not two...

this means Lebron will more than likely stay in Cle, but the Clippers will have the cap room to sign one superstar in 2010 and we have a good nucleus, and we're in LA, so I would think the rumor mill will be hot on that next offseason...

even if it's not Lebron, we're getting someone real good next offseason...and Sterling's been a money spending machine the last 5-6 yrs..clip fans love that guy now! haha who woulda thot it would ever be possible that donald t. sterling would get love on clippers forums....

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:15 am
ClipperGM wrote:thanks to the lux tax being lower, NYK may only be able to sign ONE superstar, but not two...

this means Lebron will more than likely stay in Cle, but the Clippers will have the cap room to sign one superstar in 2010 and we have a good nucleus, and we're in LA, so I would think the rumor mill will be hot on that next offseason...

even if it's not Lebron, we're getting someone real good next offseason...and Sterling's been a money spending machine the last 5-6 yrs..clip fans love that guy now! haha who woulda thot it would ever be possible that donald t. sterling would get love on clippers forums....

I can see chris bosh signing with the clips. maybe Dirk. But Wade, LBJ will definately not go to the clips.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:38 am
yea, i feel ya too, but a guy can dream...

if blake turns out good, then we don't need bosh...dirk is a dallas lifer; cuban will overpay to keep him, like he did j.kidd

but I'm glad to know we're getting someone good...our owner will be willing to spend to grab someone in that Hedo-range of talent at around $10-12M per no problem...should be a fun season to watch blake develop and next offseason we'll be one of the Major Players where the rumor mill will be hot n heavy.....

Return to NBA Forum