Could we really get Artest and could he be an asset

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:38 pm
That's it! It's the bigs that do well against the team and that has to stop. The team would win easily if lesser known players like Kurt Thomas and Dalembert did not have big games (which they usualy don't). Murphy is still better than most PFs and what is needed is a player that can play the defense while not being a liability on the ofensive end (FOYLE!).

Foyle seems incapable of having a big game like Dalembert and Pachulia can! Those two, as an example, are not very good players but can score if they are not guarded well - Seems like Foyle is incapable of that

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:48 am
While I agree that Murphy is not a strong defensive player, remember he is still young and is a hard worker. Remember as a rookie, he didn't have the shot, especially from beyond the arc, that he has now. But he was willing to work extremely hard each summer of his career, and he is starting to show the results of that hard work. Who's to say he won't improve on defense as much as he has improved in other areas of his game? That's why I love that we signed him to a long term contract. Having a 3 point shooting big man like him is a valuable asset, as he can bring opposing bigs out to the perimeter where they are uncomfortable. And he has recently used the threat of his great ouside shot very well in driving past big men with one dribble and two big steps. And again, he is still young and will improve. Basically I think it would be a huge mistake to trade Murphy.

PS stop hating about the Kurt Thomas game too - Murph was out that game
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:03 am
migya wrote:Foyle seems incapable of having a big game like Dalembert and Pachulia can! Those two, as an example, are not very good players

Dalembert is. He affects the game with his defense, rebound and shot-blocking skills, and is also able to score 10+ ppg. I think he qualifies as a good player...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:12 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Foyle seems incapable of having a big game like Dalembert and Pachulia can! Those two, as an example, are not very good players

Dalembert is. He affects the game with his defense, rebound and shot-blocking skills, and is also able to score 10+ ppg. I think he qualifies as a good player...

he hasn't done enough yet but I also think he is going to be a very good player. The sixers need him to be because they lack inside strength

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:44 am
you guys are right. I like Murphy too. He is a hard worker, has improved every year and could become a good defender.

All im saying is that if we dont get a low post presence we gonna be an average team. (We cant count on Baron and JRich scoring 30 plus points a night like did in Dallas). So I guess trading Murphy is a neccesary evil. Yea i wish we could trade Foyle or Dunelavy, but if we cant, do we stand pat with the team we have now? maybe...

If I had to move murphy to move dunleavys contract, id do it. Its all about improving the team and if my main man murph or J-Rich has to go so be it.

Maybe pietrus comes back and gets major minutes and we make another run. Then Foyle and Dunleavy an be dealt with in the offseason.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:50 am
With Pietrus back and Diogu getting better and being the only (unfortunately) inside scorer, the team will be very good. Things can still go bad but that would be unlikely as the team would have it all. Pietrus provides more energy, outside scoring and defense. Foyle has been great the last two games and the defense overall for the team should get better. It could be much better from here on out (60% at least for the rest of the season). You never know with this team though

Previous

Return to Trades