Artest to the Lakers...

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:51 pm
WOW...HOLY LORD

nobody stands a chance
CHRIS MULLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:55 pm
Link please.

ESPN, Hoopsworld and Hoopshype have nothing about this.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:59 pm
blue & gold wrote:Link please.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... th_lakers/

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:59 pm
cbssports.com

"one-time all-star forward Ron Artest tells cbssports.com senior writer Ken Berger he'll be signing with the Lakers"

There is a huge article about it on the homepage
CHRIS MULLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:00 pm
rizon wrote:
blue & gold wrote:Link please.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... th_lakers/

Thanks
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:01 pm
lets keep threads to the appropriate forum please.

moving to NBA forum
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:41 pm
fk i hate how this league runs at the moment. All the good players signing with the great teams for next to nothing

Shits me!

(more so cos its the fkn Lakers)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 pm
Quazza wrote:fk i hate how this league runs at the moment. All the good players signing with the great teams for next to nothing

Shits me!

franchises that have made smart moves and have had sucess EARN these sort of things.

But I certainly know what you mean being that we are on the wrong end of these things.... but again, we deserve it.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:10 pm
bada wrote:
Quazza wrote:fk i hate how this league runs at the moment. All the good players signing with the great teams for next to nothing

Shits me!

franchises that have made smart moves and have had sucess EARN these sort of things.

But I certainly know what you mean being that we are on the wrong end of these things.... but again, we deserve it.

There have been 63 NBA Championships. 19 have been won by the Celtics, and they have lost 3. 17 have been won by the Lakers, and they have lost 15. No other team approaches those numbers. No other major sport has this kind of lopsidedness.

I don't think the players should be allowed to accept less to play somewhere else. I also don't think teams should be allowed to go over the cap by any means, luxury tax or no.

I'm actually waiting to see Amare go to the Lakers or Celtics next. Seriously.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:28 pm
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:

Shits me!

There have been 63 NBA Championships. 19 have been won by the Celtics, and they have lost 3. 17 have been won by the Lakers, and they have lost 15. No other team approaches those numbers. No other major sport has this kind of lopsidedness.

I don't think the players should be allowed to accept less to play somewhere else. I also don't think teams should be allowed to go over the cap by any means, luxury tax or no.

Yeah haha watch Wade go to CLE next year for the MLE or something hahaha.

Lakers are looking pretty tough to beat, but you never know what could happen with injuries.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:55 pm
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:

Shits me!

but like 90% of those championships were before free agency even existed so that is completely irrelevant to your argument.

And just because these guys make a ton of money, why should they not have the right to seek employment for an organization and city they wish to play for like the rest of us have. That is rediculous.

They have no say in where they get drafted and have to live and work in a place they have no control over. Once they play out their rookie contract, they have earned the right for the first time to actually make a CHOICE.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:22 pm
bada wrote:

Shits me!

That it and the way it should be. You want success, earn it

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:22 pm
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:

Shits me!

but like 90% of those championships were before free agency even existed so that is completely irrelevant to your argument.

And just because these guys make a ton of money, why should they not have the right to seek employment for an organization and city they wish to play for like the rest of us have. That is rediculous.

They have no say in where they get drafted and have to live and work in a place they have no control over. Once they play out their rookie contract, they have earned the right for the first time to actually make a CHOICE.

I agree Bada and I would add that honestly I like that vets seek out employment from winning teams in their declining years. Or at least I would, if I were a part of a winning team. When I guy is willing to take a pay cut to come and win a 'ship then you know that he will do whatever he needs to do to support and contribute to the TEAM CONCEPT. And, on top of that, you are still getting a pretty good quality player such as Artest or Hill for a great price tag.

Every coach in the league wants to be in that situation. We are just bitter as fans because throughout our past we have gotten the GM's, Coaches and especially players who are coming here to collect a paycheck and sport fur coats at PC's about more losses (YEAH, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE YOU SPINELESS PRAT)....arg.

:banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:52 pm
That should mean the end to Odom and Ariza. Unless they can retain one of them.

And apparently Ariza is heading to Houston.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:01 pm
I can't believe one of you dumb as*es said "I don't think players should be allowed to take less to play somewhere they want." Are you ****ing kidding me? Thats why I hate stupid fans. You guys always b*tch and moan when someone takes too much money to where it jeopardizes the team and it's obvious winning isn't in their plans... but when a guy takes less money to try to win a championship people slander that too?

Shut the f*ck up
Next

Return to NBA Forum