Anyone post: Hawks offer Crawford and Josh Smith for Amare

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:10 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post ... nba,173726
This season is not a flop.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:19 pm
This should probably get moved but wow I dunno Gentry could start Smith at PF since he likes small ball...depends how much the Suns want Crawford.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:31 pm
Suns are gonna say no. Pretty pointless to have Crawford and J-Rich on the same team... or they might move him in hopes of finding a Center to pair with J-Smoove (if they get him) ... but yeah playing Josh at PF ain't a good look on defense.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:35 pm
i don't think crawford can be traded unless it's in a one for one trade. at least not right away. might be like a 30 day period to wait.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:42 pm
Our offer was better
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:19 pm
Our offer was better, not by a whole lot talent wise, but as far as potential, salary and the right pieces that fit better, our deal is/was better. Crawford is not needed in Phoenix to say the least and is wasted salarythere. JSmith does fit in Phoenix, but as SF is better.

What this shows, to me, is that Kerr and the Suns don't want Amare and he probably doesn't want them now anyway, just too much talk of getting rid of him to go back. That ofcourse puts us in a much better position and the only thing to do is wait and give the occassional phone call every three days saying that our offer is still available, stick it to Kerr and the other cunnts :mrgreen:

I think, unless there is a turnaround, Amare is coming here

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:26 pm
migya wrote:Our offer was better, not by a whole lot talent wise, but as far as potential, salary and the right pieces that fit better, our deal is/was better. Crawford is not needed in Phoenix to say the least and is wasted salarythere. JSmith does fit in Phoenix, but as SF is better.

What this shows, to me, is that Kerr and the Suns don't want Amare and he probably doesn't want them now anyway, just too much talk of getting rid of him to go back. That ofcourse puts us in a much better position and the only thing to do is wait and give the occassional phone call every three days saying that our offer is still available, stick it to Kerr and the other cunnts :mrgreen:

I think, unless there is a turnaround, Amare is coming here

I can only hope..... :bday:
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:36 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Suns are gonna say no. Pretty pointless to have Crawford and J-Rich on the same team... or they might move him in hopes of finding a Center to pair with J-Smoove (if they get him) ... but yeah playing Josh at PF ain't a good look on defense.

you're right, and I believe it's 60 days.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:16 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:i don't think crawford can be traded unless it's in a one for one trade. at least not right away. might be like a 30 day period to wait.

Yeah, it's a retarded rumor. Crawford can't be traded til December 15h, for starters...

Also, in that rumor, Atlanta loses everything except Joe Johnson and Horford. Add to that that they wouldn't keep one single PG on their roster... It's one of the most retarded rumors I've heard lately, and, if it happens, it should be enough to fire Rick Sund on the spot.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:41 am
TMC wrote:
MCJackintheBox wrote:i don't think crawford can be traded unless it's in a one for one trade. at least not right away. might be like a 30 day period to wait.

Yeah, it's a retarded rumor. Crawford can't be traded til December 15h, for starters...

Also, in that rumor, Atlanta loses everything except Joe Johnson and Horford. Add to that that they wouldn't keep one single PG on their roster... It's one of the most retarded rumors I've heard lately, and, if it happens, it should be enough to fire Rick Sund on the spot.

Yep... and then look at their line up after: Horford, Amare, M. Williams?(he's a FA), Johnson, Bibby?(he's a FA).

Pretty talented, but Williams and Bibby are exploring their options first before they think about returning.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:36 am
I read the title of this thread before I went to bed last night and then I had this dream that we were going to trade Monta for Crawford and I almost cried.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:59 am
Captain_Jack wrote:I read the title of this thread before I went to bed last night and then I had this dream that we were going to trade Monta for Crawford and I almost cried.

If you almost cried, then imagine what would have gone through Crawford's mind... :mrgreen:

(btw, now that he's not our problem anymore, I'm gonna stop calling him Crapford. I've got nothing against him personally, as he looks pretty likeable as a teammate. It's just that his game sucks when it comes to winning games)

Return to NBA Forum