Sorry Warriors, you had your shot to get Z-Bo

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:33 pm
There is a chance that Clips can get Lebron, to be honest. They have the money it seems now, so it is possible and if Baron gets back to being similar to what he was here, Kaman plays well with little injury, Thornton continues the way he is and Blake is what he is supoosed to be, Lebron coul get the money, big market (LA) and a good enough team to maybe be a contender.

Don't think it will happen though :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:06 pm
I must be missing something...

How do their salaries match?
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:04 pm
migya wrote:There is a chance that Clips can get Lebron, to be honest. They have the money it seems now, so it is possible and if Baron gets back to being similar to what he was here, Kaman plays well with little injury, Thornton continues the way he is and Blake is what he is supoosed to be, Lebron coul get the money, big market (LA) and a good enough team to maybe be a contender.

Don't think it will happen though :wink:

can't agree with you more, my new best friend...plus if lebron came to clips, Nike would automatically offer lucrative extensions to both kobe and lebron, instantly making it all back on puppet sales

clippers vs. lakers 4 times a year and potential western conference finals would be a media and endorsement bonanza.....

i know it's unlikely, but they gotta start with the hype now to have a glimmer of hope..
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:10 pm
MurinuR wrote:I must be missing something...

How do their salaries match?

great question...memphis has the cap room to absorb zach's salary, so the rules allow for lopsided salaries..that's why i realized we came up huge in this deal...

because of the offset, we're set to save $24.6M over the next 2 years, per the article in "insidehoops"...and it give us a $7.4M trade exemption, which we could exercise now, or later in the year...

what is this you ask? the exemption, for example, would allow for us to trade for a player, such as rip hamilton, for a team looking to shed salary. pistons won't wanna shed rip since he's worth something, plus we want to keep that money available for 2010, so our best option would be trading the exemption for a player such as rafer alston, who is an expiring contract, and whom the nets have no use for...they would rather free up that money to sign someone younger long term this summer...

therefore, we can get rafer for "free", considering we were going to pay zach that money anyway, and still have him come off the books in 2010, that would be ideal.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:31 pm
As this is in no way related to the Dubs... moved to the right section of the board.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum