Curry out in Detroit

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:51 am
Joe Dumars just fired his first year coach after introducing the cancer known as AI into the Pistons locker room. Joe is hard on coaches, maybe we should bring him to GS. Who is going to be the next Pistons coach? Is he going after his former bad boy teammate Bill Laimbeer?

All Star
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:59 am
One of those if its not broke don't fix it. Pistons had a solid Vet group, and Curry clashed with them. Player/coach relationship gone bad.

Pistons need to watch how/if they rebuild. They have fallen since trading Billups, huge mistake to re-write.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:02 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:One of those if its not broke don't fix it. Pistons had a solid Vet group, and Curry clashed with them. Player/coach relationship gone bad.

Pistons need to watch how/if they rebuild. They have fallen since trading Billups, huge mistake to re-write.


didnt quite understand the Billups trade from the Pistons side. Yes, they got cap flexibility, but they gave up the heart of their team. That trade breathed new life into the Nuggets and sealed the fate of the Pistons last year and apparently Curry as well.

All Star
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:12 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:One of those if its not broke don't fix it. Pistons had a solid Vet group, and Curry clashed with them. Player/coach relationship gone bad.

Pistons need to watch how/if they rebuild. They have fallen since trading Billups, huge mistake to re-write.


didnt quite understand the Billups trade from the Pistons side. Yes, they got cap flexibility, but they gave up the heart of their team. That trade breathed new life into the Nuggets and sealed the fate of the Pistons last year and apparently Curry as well.


Save cap at the wrong cost, gave up the heart and soul like you said, with no back-up in mind, everything was running smoothly with Billups.

On the flip side the Nuggets are made title contenders with Billups. This guy flew under the radar even after winning the championship, now he gone, his value as the key piece to the pistons is unquestioned.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:15 pm
"Always" Next wrote:Joe Dumars just fired his first year coach after introducing the cancer known as AI into the Pistons locker room. Joe is hard on coaches, maybe we should bring him to GS. Who is going to be the next Pistons coach? Is he going after his former bad boy teammate Bill Laimbeer?



It's a good move. I've always thought that Curry was not ready to be a head coach, and the results didn't help change that image. In a team that should be a contender, if you don't win, you're out. It's that easy.


As for their next coach, I think Laimbeer would be successful, but seems like he won't be given the chance. Seems like they're considering Doug Collins for the position.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:58 pm
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:Joe Dumars just fired his first year coach after introducing the cancer known as AI into the Pistons locker room. Joe is hard on coaches, maybe we should bring him to GS. Who is going to be the next Pistons coach? Is he going after his former bad boy teammate Bill Laimbeer?



It's a good move. I've always thought that Curry was not ready to be a head coach, and the results didn't help change that image. In a team that should be a contender, if you don't win, you're out. It's that easy.


As for their next coach, I think Laimbeer would be successful, but seems like he won't be given the chance. Seems like they're considering Doug Collins for the position.


I agree that Curry was not ready as a head coach, but its hard to blame the team losing on him. The past 2 coaches he fired were on the heels of much playoff success. If Collins comes back, it will probably be the GM who makes him cry this time, rather than a player.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21200
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:54 pm
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:Joe Dumars just fired his first year coach after introducing the cancer known as AI into the Pistons locker room. Joe is hard on coaches, maybe we should bring him to GS. Who is going to be the next Pistons coach? Is he going after his former bad boy teammate Bill Laimbeer?



It's a good move. I've always thought that Curry was not ready to be a head coach, and the results didn't help change that image. In a team that should be a contender, if you don't win, you're out. It's that easy.


As for their next coach, I think Laimbeer would be successful, but seems like he won't be given the chance. Seems like they're considering Doug Collins for the position.



Yea, seems that way. I reckon they should go with Laimbeer, a franchise legend, but Dumars probably wants experience
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron