BOOZER STAYING

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:57 pm
Carlos Boozer is staying in Utah, rather than becoming an un-restricted Free Agent. To me, this seems like a horrible idea...at this point, just the bigs he will be going up against next year are Bosh and Amare among others. I think he could have cashed in this year with a team like the Pistons, but next year...he will just be another guy.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:45 pm
"Always" Next wrote:Carlos Boozer is staying in Utah, rather than becoming an un-restricted Free Agent. To me, this seems like a horrible idea...at this point, just the bigs he will be going up against next year are Bosh and Amare among others. I think he could have cashed in this year with a team like the Pistons, but next year...he will just be another guy.

he was not going to make more than the 12mil he was scheduled to make next season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:26 pm
bada wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:Carlos Boozer is staying in Utah, rather than becoming an un-restricted Free Agent. To me, this seems like a horrible idea...at this point, just the bigs he will be going up against next year are Bosh and Amare among others. I think he could have cashed in this year with a team like the Pistons, but next year...he will just be another guy.

he was not going to make more than the 12mil he was scheduled to make next season.

You mean you think no other team would have given him more than that a season? I disagree

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:50 pm
I am just going by what I heard several NBA writters say that in "unofficial queries" around the league, interest in Boozer was luke warm and he was advised to stay in his contract as not many teams want to take on a big contract before the end of next season when the huge FA market hits.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:12 pm
bada wrote:I am just going by what I heard several NBA writters say that in "unofficial queries" around the league, interest in Boozer was luke warm and he was advised to stay in his contract as not many teams want to take on a big contract before the end of next season when the huge FA market hits.

And he's also coming from a pretty poor season, with injury worries and so on... It's better for him to stay in Utah, try to have a big season once again and that will increase interest in him around the league. But after a 37 game season in which Utah played better without him than with him... I think it's wise to stay under contract one more year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:14 am
bada wrote:I am just going by what I heard several NBA writters say that in "unofficial queries" around the league, interest in Boozer was luke warm and he was advised to stay in his contract as not many teams want to take on a big contract before the end of next season when the huge FA market hits.

If the team can't trade for Amare, I'd offer Boozer a deal of about 10 million a year for three years. It won't be proposed and Boozer may not be a good fit here, but that sort of money, if no other team offered him more, would be feasible and he could get back to being what he was for some three seasons before this one

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:36 am
I agree with Bada. If he and his agent knew he could've made more opting out, he would have.

Contract year now-watch him have a big, injury free year
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:40 am
Quazza wrote:I agree with Bada. If he and his agent knew he could've made more opting out, he would have.

Contract year now-watch him have a big, injury free year

And maybe the Jazz front office and Sloan will fuk him good and play Millsap even more, cutting Boozer's minutes even more, leading to him having a less of a season than what he has so far there

Return to NBA Forum