Front Court Woes and How to Fix it

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:09 am
Clif25 wrote:Warriors trade:
Fisher, Dunleavy, Pietrus, Biedrins, Cheaney
And receive:
Miles, Patterson, Przybilla, Jarret Jack

Forget it - The Warrors want to get better not worse!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:32 pm
from what I read, the blazers are looking for a PF who can actually shoot from further out than randolph's normal range. i think randolph's already butting heads with nate mcmillan. either way, i suppose it's fairly unlikely the warriors would trade murphy to someone in the same conference. ideally he'd go to the eastern conference for someone of comparable value. but the portland GM is shopping his SF's for a shooting PF. see link below:
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/orego ... thispage=3

as for new jersey, they received three first round picks from denver when they traded kenyon martin to them. two of those went to toronto for VC so they still have that third pick, Clippers' 1st in 2006 (through the Denver trade) in addition to their own.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:17 pm
Ok, I stand corrected on the nets picks. My bad.

But I still don't like the trade with Portland. The idea of any trade should be to get better (or dump contracts you don't want), and we're giving the best player in the deal. Doesn't look good.

I like Jarret Jack, tho. I wouldn't mind trading for him, but not if it involves Murph...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:01 pm
migya wrote:
Clif25 wrote:Warriors trade:
Fisher, Dunleavy, Pietrus, Biedrins, Cheaney
And receive:
Miles, Patterson, Przybilla, Jarret Jack

Forget it - The Warrors want to get better not worse!

Major no no.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:53 pm
True enough. Murphy is probably more valuable than Miles who might have a little more upside (along with an attitude problem). But I just don't see Murphy, Dunleavy, and Diogu being in the same frontcourt. Not enough defense or footspeed. They need a tenacious defensive stopper in that frontcourt. And since Dunleavy is untradeable right now (Mullin will just have to deal with that mistake next year), and watching Foyle trying to score makes me want to stab myself in the leg with a fork, it seems like Murphy is the most logical piece to trade especially since he's really developing and thus has lots of value. Plus, he plays the same position as Diogu who in my mind has quickly become the more untouchable player of the two (I'd be so sad if the warriors traded Ike). Murphy's three-point shooting is great but Diogu is more of the bruiser the warriors need (the W's will still have plenty of other 3pt shooters on the roster). Sure I'd much rather see them trade Foyle for someone who's reasonably decent like Samuel Dalembert, even Tyson Chandler or someone with an expiring contract like Tim Thomas or Keith Van Horn so they could try to go after a stud free agent. But God only knows what the rest of the league thinks of Adonal Foyle. I could venture a guess though...

Let's start calling them the Oakland Warriors!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:55 am
If Foyle can chip in the way he did against the Celts then he is a part of the team to stay, OFF THE BENCH THOUGH!

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:36 pm
Yeah, Foyle really played inspired basketball, which is a good thing. He's much better coming off the bench, like when he was backing up Dampier. Hopefully they can get Biedrins some playing time too to either develop him into their starting C or showcase him for a trade (I'd prefer he stay though)...Hey here's a crazy idea: Murphy+Pietrus to Boston for the grouchy Paul Pierce (don't get me started on how he or Nowitzki should've been the Warriors' pick in the '98 draft). I'm sure he'd be a lot happier playing his home (uh, Golden?) state with his buddy Baron Davis. It's not quite Run TMC but it's close, plus they'll actually have a post scorer and post defender in Diogu & Foyle. Could you call them "Shoot PBJ"? I know, I'm dreamin...

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:30 pm
wrycooter wrote:I know, I'm dreamin...

Yep, you're dreaming. But it looks a lot more feasible than the Garnett trades that've been proposed here.

At least we'd be giving them two good players for a better one. Not so lopsided.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:56 am
No chance unless Pierce gets unhappy with the Celtics again

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:22 pm
Well if they're 12-16 right now, that doesn't seem so unlikely. Question in my mind is if Danny Ainge would think he's getting enough in return for Pierce. Murphy has actually said he grew up dreaming of playing for the Celtics (Irish-American Notre Dame alum from New Jersey and all that). But I'm sure Mullin would have to throw more in there just to match up salaries as well as getting Ainge to see it as equal: Pietrus, Murph, and Chewbacca? Who knows. I'm just conjecturing. I definitely feel like Mullin can't stand pat at this trade deadline.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... _overlook/
Last edited by wrycooter on Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:45 pm
id move richardson and dunleavy for pierce. id make them take dunleavys contract in exchange for J-Rich.

Pierce is a big upgrade over J-Rich. They both can shoot and rebound the same but Pierce can shoot Free Throws better and can actaully dribble the ball in traffic. Richardson has never been able to create a shot for anyone else.

PG. Baron
SG. Pietrus
SF. Pierce
PF. Murph
C. Ike

Still need a low post presence but its a start.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:52 pm
migya- love the picture you have attached to your username.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:55 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:id move richardson and dunleavy for pierce. id make them take dunleavys contract in exchange for J-Rich.

Pierce is a big upgrade over J-Rich. They both can shoot and rebound the same but Pierce can shoot Free Throws better and can actaully dribble the ball in traffic. Richardson has never been able to create a shot for anyone else.

PG. Baron
SG. Pietrus
SF. Pierce
PF. Murph
C. Ike

Still need a low post presence but its a start.

Pierce is one of the greatest players in the nba but JRich is becoming something real special! I thought he didn't have the abiity or potential to be as good as Kobe and TMac but it now looks like he does! He must be kept because though he lacks certain skills like good ball handling and creating, he still is able to do as well as he does! Imagine once he gets the other skills! He will be on e of the top 5 players in the league and be able to score as much if not more than Pierce! AND HE IS YOUNGER!

Something like a package deal involving Murphy, dunny and Zarko (and also a 1st pick or bench player like Foyle or Cheany if needed) for Pierce and Al Jefferson would be ideal - Though I don't want any trade but this one is more worthwhile

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:57 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:migya- love the picture you have attached to your username.

Thanks champ!!!!!! :)

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:27 am
migya wrote:Something like a package deal involving Murphy, dunny and Zarko (and also a 1st pick or bench player like Foyle or Cheany if needed) for Pierce and Al Jefferson would be ideal - Though I don't want any trade but this one is more worthwhile

That's even worse than all the KG trades. Al Jefferson is going to be a monster once the Celts let him play. He's even more valuable than Pierce. We'd be raping them with that trade....

btw, funny avatar, Migya...
PreviousNext

Return to Trades