Four way trade to get Amare and more

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:06 am
Just thinking of trades at the current situation:

Golden State, Phoenix, New York and New Orleans -

Golden State sends Biedrins and Belinelli (maybe future 1st rounder as well) to Phoenix,
sends Stephen Curry and Claxton to New York,
sends Law to New Orleans
Gets Amare and Chandler

Phoenix sends Amare to Golden State,
sends Earl Clark to New Orleans
Gets Biedrins, Belinelli and Jordan Hill (maybe future 1st rounder as well)

New York sends Mobley (contract) to New Orleans,
sends Jordan Hill to Phoenix
Gets Stephen Curry and Claxton

New Orleans sends Chandler to Golden State
Gets Mobley, Law and Earl Clark

Phoenix gets AB and Belinelli like in the original trade proposal rumour of two days ago, but instead of also gett ing BWright, they get rookie Jordan Hill, who came before Earl Clark in the draft. I'd throw in a future first rounder from us to Phoenix if necessary.

New York gets Curry like they wanted all along, but they also get Claxton the expirer. They give up Mobley's expiring contract, but it works out the same with Claxton coming in, who they can probably buyout for less than full salary.

New Orleans traded Chandler last season for basically nothing, saying they wanted to cut salary. Here they get Mobley's expiring contract, as well as Law who costs little and could be a good backup PG and they get Earl Clark, a rookie that might fit in well there as SF.

Golden State gets Amare and replaces Biedrins with Chandler, a little more expensive, but does pretty much the same thing and is very young himself

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:33 am
Nice job trying to find a weird and complicated deal that works for all sides...

Now do one in which we keep Curry and Randolph and you'll get my full support to be the new Dubs GM. F*ck Riley, go Migya!!! :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:04 am
TMC wrote:Nice job trying to find a weird and complicated deal that works for all sides...

Now do one in which we keep Curry and Randolph and you'll get my full support to be the new Dubs GM. F*ck Riley, go Migya!!! :mrgreen:

Randolph stays, Curry has to go :wink:

The Knicks deserve for Curry would make them be a willing trade partner.

I think the trade I came up with is feasible

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:56 am
migya wrote:Just thinking of trades at the current situation:

Phoenix gets AB and Belinelli like in the original trade proposal rumour of two days ago, but instead of also gett ing BWright, they get rookie Jordan Hill, who came before Earl Clark in the draft. I'd throw in a future first rounder from us to Phoenix if necessary.

New York gets Curry like they wanted all along, but they also get Claxton the expirer. They give up Mobley's expiring contract, but it works out the same with Claxton coming in, who they can probably buyout for less than full salary.

New Orleans traded Chandler last season for basically nothing, saying they wanted to cut salary. Here they get Mobley's expiring contract, as well as Law who costs little and could be a good backup PG and they get Earl Clark, a rookie that might fit in well there as SF.

Golden State gets Amare and replaces Biedrins with Chandler, a little more expensive, but does pretty much the same thing and is very young himself

that ones actually not bad but i think NO might want a little more
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:59 am
migya wrote:I think the trade I came up with is feasible

Yeah, it's quite feasible. But as long as we lose Curry, I don't like it... Try again. :wink:
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:07 am
even though I was immediately turned off by the words "sends Stephen Curry" I'll throw in my 2 cents on a hypothetical level. I know how hard it is to come up with a legit four way trade idea.

good for us
good for NY
OK for Suns
Bad for NO

NO is not going to just give up there starting center just to get an expiring contract, a back up point guard and a tweener SF/PF. they need to dump salary, but I'm sure they would rather get rid of Peja (he's sucking 14M a year out of them for another 2 years) and get back a SG than give up their center.

I know they tried to trade him with Wilcox and J. Smith to dump salary, but:
A) their contracts were up that season (meaning they could buy somebody before the 09-10 season at a reasonable price.
B) those are two post players that could fill the void
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:06 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I think the trade I came up with is feasible

Yeah, it's quite feasible. But as long as we lose Curry, I don't like it... Try again. :wink:

BOO, get Curryman out of here :mrgreen:

:wink:

You seem to really like Curry, but you have to see that he would not make the team great simply by his addition and the roster staying pretty much as is. With Amare, a star bigman, the team would be good both inside and out. Really a no brainer to me

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:14 am
first off wrote:even though I was immediately turned off by the words "sends Stephen Curry" I'll throw in my 2 cents on a hypothetical level. I know how hard it is to come up with a legit four way trade idea.

good for us
good for NY
OK for Suns
Bad for NO

NO is not going to just give up there starting center just to get an expiring contract, a back up point guard and a tweener SF/PF. they need to dump salary, but I'm sure they would rather get rid of Peja (he's sucking 14M a year out of them for another 2 years) and get back a SG than give up their center.

I know they tried to trade him with Wilcox and J. Smith to dump salary, but:
A) their contracts were up that season (meaning they could buy somebody before the 09-10 season at a reasonable price.
B) those are two post players that could fill the void

But what sort of replacements were Wilcox and JSmith though? Not in the caliber of Chandler in what he gave New Orleans. That trade was just a salary dump, as strange and stupid as it seemed to pretty much everyone at the time. If that is their mindset, you ask about getting him for expirers.

Most of these teams want to get salary relief to try and get a star next offseason. Let the fools, we should be smart to know that there will be more losers than winner in one year and we get what we can now. Getting Amare and Chandler, while still keeping AR, Azu, SJack, Maggette, Morrow, Turiaf and Monta, I'm listing the roster immediately after this trade going down, would be a pretty complete team, more so than perhaps ever before in most of our life times. Getting a proper PG would be the immediate next move to me, but just that roster would still be playoff caliber, even more

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:50 am
And after that trade we do the following:

Golden State sends Monta and Maggette to Houston
sends BWright to New Jersey
Gets Devin and Simmons

New Jersey sends Devin and Simmons to Golden State
sends Yi and Hassell to Houston
Gets TMac, Cook and BWright

Houston sends TMac and Cook to New Jersey
Gets Monta, Maggette, Yi and Hassell

New Jersey seems insane about getting rid of long term contracts and they do that here. They get an BWright, who they might actually get something out of here as he is quite untapped still. They get TMac and Cook, alot of expiring salary right there. In the free agent market next offseason they are.

Houston wants to contend and now. TMac is basically a sure thing to be history there now. Monta fits well there at SG and Maggette not only gives them another scorer and talented player, but insurance should Artest go somewhere else. They become loaded, especially if Artest stays and can have a very good starting five if they play Artest PF and Maggette SF. Yi joins countryman Yao so a very attractive thing for Houston there as well.

We get rid of Maggette's contract and Monta's somewhat disgruntleness for Devin, who is not a pure PG himself, but played very well last season, not just for himself but 6.9asts shows he can hand the ball out. Expirer in Simmons sits well for saving some money in a year.

Lineup:

PG - Devin/CJ
SG - SJack/Morrow
SF - AR/Azu/Simmons
PF - Amare/AR/Davidson
C - Chandler/Turiaf

That's championship caliber

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:31 am
Migya, I doubt Houston would be interested in the above trade. Jinlan, Monta and Maggette would all the square pegs trying to fit into round holes on the defensive minded, calculated offense that the Rockets like to play.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:19 am
Tarantism wrote:Migya, I doubt Houston would be interested in the above trade. Jinlan, Monta and Maggette would all the square pegs trying to fit into round holes on the defensive minded, calculated offense that the Rockets like to play.

We're doing it buddy :wink:

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:38 pm
migya wrote:And after that trade we do the following:

Gets Devin and Simmons

New Jersey seems insane about getting rid of long term contracts and they do that here. They get an BWright, who they might actually get something out of here as he is quite untapped still. They get TMac and Cook, alot of expiring salary right there. In the free agent market next offseason they are.

Houston wants to contend and now. TMac is basically a sure thing to be history there now. Monta fits well there at SG and Maggette not only gives them another scorer and talented player, but insurance should Artest go somewhere else. They become loaded, especially if Artest stays and can have a very good starting five if they play Artest PF and Maggette SF. Yi joins countryman Yao so a very attractive thing for Houston there as well.

We get rid of Maggette's contract and Monta's somewhat disgruntleness for Devin, who is not a pure PG himself, but played very well last season, not just for himself but 6.9asts shows he can hand the ball out. Expirer in Simmons sits well for saving some money in a year.

Lineup:

PG - Devin/CJ
SG - SJack/Morrow
SF - AR/Azu/Simmons
PF - Amare/AR/Davidson
C - Chandler/Turiaf

No offense, but championship calibur? Maybe in the D league. Most teams that made the playoffs this year had better rosters than that and only one of them won the championship. And that roster would get murdered by the Lakers. Murdered. How is Tyson Chandler gonna score without CP3's alley oops? Devin Harris is like a bigger Monta at PG. AR will not score as much at the 3 since he has not developed outside range. So we have Amare who everyone has said is an injury risk, and Harris being the most consistent scorers with Jackson and Azu bringing ability, but not great consistency. Oh yeah plus Jackson would be the best outside shooter in that starting lineup. I like our current lineup's (with Beans rather than Amare) chances of winning a championship before this roster.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:15 am
yeah I gotta agree with the other people above. Monta and Maggs aren't going anywhere, particularly not together sent to the same team. you realize thats almost $100 Million in contracts sent to the rockets? no way in hell they are taking that. don't forget monta is coming off an injury too and has not proved he is worth his contract yet.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:48 am
first off wrote:yeah I gotta agree with the other people above. Monta and Maggs aren't going anywhere, particularly not together sent to the same team. you realize thats almost $100 Million in contracts sent to the rockets? no way in hell they are taking that. don't forget monta is coming off an injury too and has not proved he is worth his contract yet.

Now with yao certain of missing the season, possibly ending his career, the Rockets need talent if they want to contend and do something with Battier, Artest (if he stays), Scola and Brooks. Monta would be a very good replacement for TMac and become their new star. Maggette does what he does and racks up numbers and FTs, a good fit for the rest of the Rockets roster. Monta would be SG ofcourse and Center would be their real only hole now, though a big one.

If I was Houston, I'd really be looking to get Amare, trading TMac for him

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:18 am
Dr. Spaceman wrote:
migya wrote:And after that trade we do the following:

Gets Devin and Simmons

Lineup:

PG - Devin/CJ
SG - SJack/Morrow
SF - AR/Azu/Simmons
PF - Amare/AR/Davidson
C - Chandler/Turiaf

No offense, but championship calibur? Maybe in the D league. Most teams that made the playoffs this year had better rosters than that and only one of them won the championship. And that roster would get murdered by the Lakers. Murdered. How is Tyson Chandler gonna score without CP3's alley oops? Devin Harris is like a bigger Monta at PG. AR will not score as much at the 3 since he has not developed outside range. So we have Amare who everyone has said is an injury risk, and Harris being the most consistent scorers with Jackson and Azu bringing ability, but not great consistency. Oh yeah plus Jackson would be the best outside shooter in that starting lineup. I like our current lineup's (with Beans rather than Amare) chances of winning a championship before this roster.

Well the big IF here is what Curry will be like. Other than that, what roster are you talking about? SJack is the best defender this team has and he'd be guarding Kobe, not outplaying him, but he has defended him better than most out there do in the past. Chandler isn't much of a scorer, like Biedrins, but Lakers bigs aren't tough either and he'd outrebound them all, as well as defend the lane well, that's his job above all else. Amare would outplay Gasol most of the time. AR has got great ptoential and has already shown some of it. Put him against Odom and he'd be the bigger man and by far the better defender, likely outplaying Odom, but maybe not, at this point anyway.

Bring in the bench and the team is much more talented than the Lakers, it comes down to coaching really, but that's not the players' fault

Next

Return to Trades