Dubs in persuit of Amare

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:03 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:Yea, the team would have the talent, the only thing is how Nelson uses it (likely fuking it up again) and the distributing, as the team still does not have a proper PG.

Still a 50 win team or more

with amare, ellis, jackson and randolph....you dont really NEED a natural PG. If ellis can become a DECENT PG, then that should be enough.

Nelson successful teams have had great PGs, like THardaway, Nash and Baron. The team needs a great distributor to make it all work

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:08 am
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:Yea, the team would have the talent, the only thing is how Nelson uses it (likely fuking it up again) and the distributing, as the team still does not have a proper PG.

with amare, ellis, jackson and randolph....you dont really NEED a natural PG. If ellis can become a DECENT PG, then that should be enough.

Nelson successful teams have had great PGs, like THardaway, Nash and Baron. The team needs a great distributor to make it all work

Edit: I just re-read my post, and I'm kinda just spewing random thoughts, it's not really directed at anybody.

Nelson said that Curry is the most talented pg he's seen since nash

Beli's picture is up on the banner for a reason. people were impressed with the flashes he showed us before the injury. I love Azu as much as the next member on this board, but lets face it, he's not exactly "special" or "irreplaceable". would I like to keep him? Fvck yeah! but if it's between keeping him, or being able to pick up a quality big man we desperately need (assuming we get amare) I'd reluctantly send azu away.

actually let me put it differently: there are many azu's in the league, but we have him for a good price. I don't think it's azu that people are necessarily enamored with, it's his cheap contract that gives us remarkable bang for buck. finding talent like azu at the same price isn't impossible, but it's pretty hard.

it's just hard to see Azu getting any descent playing time behind Jak and mags though.

Tom Tolbert (or brooks can't remember) on the radio said it best today. "the warriors need to keep/get people who can take care of, and distribute the ball." our young team needs as much BB IQ as it can get, and holding onto Beli is one way to do that.

Here's what I'd like to do: give them speedy expiring contract, Biedrins, Wright and a future1st round pick (unprotected). put beli as PG. let Acie and Marco duke it out for back up. I've always seen CJ as a 2 guard. if we resign him he definitely sits behind morrow (morrows slow, so CJ might prove to be a great counterbalance)

Curry / Marco or Law
Monta / Morrow / CJ
Jak / Maggs / Azu
Amare / AR
Turiaf or (new FA... preferably a big rebounder!)
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:30 am
E-Man wrote:the reason it's delayed is cuz amare can't be traded until July 8th when the free agency period begins. he was able to be traded before, believe the trade would have been done yesterday, and phoenix would have picked curry.

RicBucher: @hoostw Slight difference. GS wants to check Amare's knee/eye. But Nelly has told people he's getting Amare. Too far down road to turn back.

I done told ya they wanted to check him out first :headbang:
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:23 am
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

yes...nelly-successful teams...but look at the successful teams that have won championships or gone to the finals. Derek fisher, rajon rondo, rafer alston...if im not mistaken, lebron went to the finals with eric snow and wade with a way past prime gary payton.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:28 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

yes...nelly-successful teams...but look at the successful teams that have won championships or gone to the finals. Derek fisher, rajon rondo, rafer alston...if im not mistaken, lebron went to the finals with eric snow and wade with a way past prime gary payton.

Well, Nelson teams cant make it without a PG.............thats Migya's point.

All those other teams had different/better coaches and different/better players than ours.

We need a PG, Nelson needs a PG..............thats it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:23 am
bigstrads wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

All those other teams had different/better coaches and different/better players than ours.

Once again you show your extreme talent and intelligence! :wink:

EMan has a point, yet again, that the championship teams of recent memory have almost all not had significant PGs. Nelson teams need one though, that is what troubles me about when even daring to think the team will do well with this roster

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:38 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

EMan has a point, yet again, that the championship teams of recent memory have almost all not had significant PGs. Nelson teams need one though, that is what troubles me about when even daring to think the team will do well with this roster

The reason why those teams were able to win with mediocre or below average pg, its to a balance roster. Something the warriors don't seem to understand. As it stands who is the warriors pg ? Its a big mess, Curry is rookie, him and Monta in the back court has disaster written all over it. One has to go, the way Nellie is leaning looks like it will be Monta.

Replace Monta with Beans and see the suns take the bait.

Curry
Morrow
Jax
Amare
Beans

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:50 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

Since everyone has always said this about Nelson, he could be playing poker with that public perception, by saying that Curry is potentially the best PG he's seen in the league since Steve Nash.

I've never really bought the argument that the Nelly system needs a true PG. I think the evidence is clear, he was considering making Monta our PG. Nelly will settle for a PG as a chief passer, no matter what his ideal might be.
War Years
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:11 pm
When you have the right talent at other positions, including your bench, you don't need a superstar PG to win a title. Plain and simple. Why did the Lakers win with Fisher or the Celtics with Rondo or the Pistons with Billups?

Simple... the Lakers had Kobe, Gasol, perfect role players, and a system with Phil Jackson. The Celtics had the Big 3, and solid compliments off the bench. The Pistons had chemistry, Larry Brown, and arguably, the best starting 5 without a superstar.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:32 pm
xbay wrote:When you have the right talent at other positions, including your bench, you don't need a superstar PG to win a title. Plain and simple. Why did the Lakers win with Fisher or the Celtics with Rondo or the Pistons with Billups?

Simple... the Lakers had Kobe, Gasol, perfect role players, and a system with Phil Jackson. The Celtics had the Big 3, and solid compliments off the bench. The Pistons had chemistry, Larry Brown, and arguably, the best starting 5 without a superstar.

Rondo and Billups are good PGs though, Billups accomplishe and a top 10 PG for some time and Rondo up and coming and a top 10 PG after his season and playoff performance.

The team has no superstar, unless Amare comes here and he is not able to carry the team by himself, in other words he is a superstar but not quite like Lebronand Kobe and even those two need a fair amount of help. You definately need a superstar guard to go with a star big, almost always at least and the team has no star guard right now. A very good distributor that is not a shoot first player, in place of Curry or Monta and still with the rest of the roster (with Amare ofcourse), would be ideal I think

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:50 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

The reason why those teams were able to win with mediocre or below average pg, its to a balance roster. Something the warriors don't seem to understand. As it stands who is the warriors pg ? Its a big mess, Curry is rookie, him and Monta in the back court has disaster written all over it. One has to go, the way Nellie is leaning looks like it will be Monta.

Replace Monta with Beans and see the suns take the bait.

Curry
Morrow
Jax
Amare
Beans

I'd prefer keeping Biedrins and sending Monta, as that would give a more established frontline and guard is much easier to cover

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:52 pm
War Years wrote:
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:

Since everyone has always said this about Nelson, he could be playing poker with that public perception, by saying that Curry is potentially the best PG he's seen in the league since Steve Nash.

I've never really bought the argument that the Nelly system needs a true PG. I think the evidence is clear, he was considering making Monta our PG. Nelly will settle for a PG as a chief passer, no matter what his ideal might be.

Nelson talks alot of garbage, so I don't believe anything from him anymore.

I just look at the fact that the real good Nelson teams, especially here, had elite PGs (THardaway and Baron) and so without one, no real success should be expected

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:30 am
I think this riley guy is gonna work out just fine.
off season:
amare
curry
solid FA?

would be important pieces to compete in the playoffs.... I'm starting to believe again =)

curry
ellis
jackson
randolph
amare

mags
buiki
morrow
turiaf
davidson
law
watson