Hello Ken Dorsey

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:40 pm
Rattay apparently "tore" his groin in practice today, and could have surgery. Tell me that doesn't sound painful. It will be interesting to see if they try to bring in a veteran QB now. I really have no wish to see Kerry Collins in a 49er uniform.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:11 pm
Collins sure doesnt get respect from his team or the media...I havnt followed his career closely..but isnt he a good quarterback?

I hope the 9ers stick with Rattay and Dorsey...getting rid of the 3rd best QB on the team (Garcia)..seems to have set off a panic mood among the fans..well the Owens departure didnt help...but even there it isnt like TO had a great season in 03..soooo many droped balls and he seemed to have lost a step..

Maybe I'm mis-reading the situation...but SF is making all the right moves in my ignorant mind.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:50 am
Basically this is going to be a year inwhich the Niners figure out if Dorsey will be the future. Even with a healthy Rattay you'll still see them both get lots of playing time during the season.

So in all you should probably pray that Kevan Barlow can run through non existent holes and that Brandon Lloyd can improve upon his early flashes of brilliance.

Now all together "hail mary, full of grace...."

It's me UR-NME just decided to change my name
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:27 am
at this point why spend the money to bring in a veteran QB? We don't have the cap room, and we're going to most likely suck anyway so its a great time to see what the youngsters we have (Dorsey, etc.) can do.

It's like a normal Warriors season in March, all hope is lost, what's the point of bringing Charles Oakley on a 10-day when we're 20-50???

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:15 am
to tutor the young qbs. i don't know who our qb coach is, but i know i don't trust erickson w/ the development of qbs. bringing in the avery johnson of qbs should greatly aide the development of our stable of 7th rounders.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:48 am
i really don't trust erickson with the development of ANY of the positions.

Basically the Niners are about 800,000 under the cap <you have to take into account julian peterson's status and the few signings they've made. So the number isn't really that 1.8 million or whatver was the last noted amount>

So their really isn't anyway were going to be able to get a qb who can tutor. Lord knows i don't want Kordell coming in trying to show the boys how to do it.

Just be prepared to take our lumps and see what we have in store for next years draft....... At least the warriors lull us into a false sense of security that they may do well...can't say the same for the Niners this coming year

It's me UR-NME just decided to change my name

Return to Sports Board