Dubs in persuit of Amare

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:26 am
Teams recently have inquired about every returning Suns starter, including Golden State's ongoing interest in Amaré Stoudemire (with a package involving Andris Biedrins being revisited). Washington looked at Stoudemire, too, but backed away when Caron Butler and Richardson were added to the mix. Arizona Republic

Found this little titbit on InsideHoops Rumor Mill for this morning. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Amare here but it would have to be a sign and trade, and I am afraid that we would end up giving up both Beans and Azu, which is a heafty price. But if Amare could get back to star form then in the end I guess it could be worth it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:37 am
Don't know what to think about it. Ha has had too many injuries in the last few seasons, and that's a source of concern, and his game hasn't developed in any way. He's still the same player he was 3 years ago. And that's not a bad thing, but I expected a lot more from him at this point of his career.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:03 pm
Today, they mentioned AB, Wright and Belinelli.

That is a lot of youth and depth for one guy with a not-great medical history, as good as he can be.

Remember that much of his success was due to Nash. He isn't going to get those passes here.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 pm
carlgo wrote:Today, they mentioned AB, Wright and Belinelli.

That is a lot of youth and depth for one guy with a not-great medical history, as good as he can be.

Remember that much of his success was due to Nash. He isn't going to get those passes here.

I've said on more than one occassion the last two years if such a trade and it would be a great trade for the team. You don't just get a star bigman easily and not many come along, so to get Amare would be a good move. Azu and Belinelli are more easily replaced and that's the key thing, can you replace a certain player and with guards you can quite easily, not with bigs. Biedrins is a good player in this system, defender and very good rebounder, but I don't think he will get better than what he is now, which is quite good.

Don't think the trade will happen but the idea of getting a star bigman for three of the players on the team right now (outside of AR who I want to see more of) is a good idea

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:37 pm
Speedy + Beli + Wright + AB

for

Amare and Amundson

PULL THE TRIGGER Riley/Nelson... er... Niley! brings our salary down to 56M and we will definitely be under the cap
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:29 am
first off wrote:Speedy + Beli + Wright + AB

for

Amare and Amundson

PULL THE TRIGGER Riley/Nelson... er... Niley! brings our salary down to 56M and we will definitely be under the cap

ha...naw amundson is a lil b*tch. he hustles and ****...but i dont see him coming here. i heard the pick is involved in the trade now...if curry goes with them then we should at least get clark in return also. but as it is, with buike, wright, and biedrins for amare...i think id do it.

our rotation would look something like:

monta/ curry
jackson/ morrow
buike/ maggs
randolph/ turiaf
amare

...which already is a really good 9 man rotation. you add acie law as a sparingly used point guard and a big man for some insurance and our rotation is set. nelly is only gonna use those 9 named above anyway.

edit:// with this lineup...i wouldnt mind keeping jackson simply cuz the focus is no longer on him really. most of the focus should be on ellis and amare and even randolph every now and then. with jackson being the 3rd or 4th option like he was when we had baron, he could probably be like when he first came. i dont know about you guys...but looking at that lineup, i see A LOT of balance and firepower.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:18 am
E-Man wrote:

for

Amare and Amundson

ha...naw amundson is a lil b*tch. he hustles and ****...but i dont see him coming here. i heard the pick is involved in the trade now...if curry goes with them then we should at least get clark in return also. but as it is, with buike, wright, and biedrins for amare...i think id do it.

monta/ curry
jackson/ morrow
buike/ maggs
randolph/ turiaf
amare

...which already is a really good 9 man rotation. you add acie law as a sparingly used point guard and a big man for some insurance and our rotation is set. nelly is only gonna use those 9 named above anyway.

edit:// with this lineup...i wouldnt mind keeping jackson simply cuz the focus is no longer on him really. most of the focus should be on ellis and amare and even randolph every now and then. with jackson being the 3rd or 4th option like he was when we had baron, he could probably be like when he first came. i dont know about you guys...but looking at that lineup, i see A LOT of balance and firepower.

Yea, the team would have the talent, the only thing is how Nelson uses it (likely fuking it up again) and the distributing, as the team still does not have a proper PG.

Still a 50 win team or more

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:57 am
E-Man wrote:

for

Amare and Amundson

monta/ curry
jackson/ morrow
buike/ maggs
randolph/ turiaf
amare

This has been a good week to be a warrior fan.... FINALLY! after being the laughing stock of the league for so long, maybe, just maybe there will be light at the end of the tunnel. it's hard to keep yourself from writing out 09-10 depth charts isn't it dubs fans?

Totally agree with you on Jackson. I think with the help of a healthy monta and AR he will make better decisions and won't try to play beyond himself like he did last year. I just hope Nelly gives him a rest and puts morrow in on a regular basis though.

Also I think a year removed from Baron will do some good for Monta, even though he hasn't really played with the team since BD's departure - Monta (and the rest of the org) knows what to expect from Morrow, AR, Azu, Jak etc. without BD's influence. Chemistry is still going to be an issue, but I think monta can focus a lot more on just improving his PG skills than he could last year (barring the mo-ped fiasco).

I think we should keep curry at all costs, even if he doesn't fit for us, people have been saying he was arguably the second best player in the draft... we can trade him next year if need be. there are just too many variables up in the air right now to confirm whether he will or won't work out here. I'd rather give up Azu if we have too.

Financially it makes a lot of sense to do it my way (the only way!)
- Just getting Amare for Wright, Beli, and AB puts us at a salary of over 60M which many speculate will be OVER the cap (estimated at 59 Mill)
- doing it the right way, will put us at 56 Mill, which would let us get another descent big man we desperately need; plus adding amundson, who is not a little bitch (although he totally looks like a tranny, lol). guy averages more blocks per minute than anyone on the suns, he also finished third in rebound rate for PHX above Amare! doesn't have any upside, but for a third string back up he's cheap and I'd love to have him.

I think the reasons it's delayed are probably:
A) warriors got to check out amare and make sure he has two fully functioning eyes
B) gotta make sure he's at least willing to sign an extension.
C) gotta wait and see what the sal cap will be. if we are under it getting just amare, I think they pull the trigger. if it's over, they add more shiit to the equation. until it's under.

I haven't heard any news from real sources saying that curry will be dealt (post-curry selection). it's all just been fan speculation as of now.
"ESPN is reporting that Stoudemire could be heading to the Warriors in exchange for Brandan Wright, Andris Biedrins, and Marco Belinelli. (Jun 25)" no mentions of curry.

Edit nevermind
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/06/26/SPDH18E30A.DTL
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:59 am
the reason it's delayed is cuz amare can't be traded until July 8th when the free agency period begins. he was able to be traded before, believe the trade would have been done yesterday, and phoenix would have picked curry.

and as for amundson...like i said, he is a hustle player...but i think he might be one of those one hit wonders where he shows up for a season and that's all he's good for. you said yourself he has no upside other than his hustle...and he was on a team with no other backup big men. robin lopez is gonna be the forgotten twin...amundson was really the only place to go when shaq and amare needed rest. plus he played A LOT of garbage time so his blocks/min and rebounding rate are a little inflated.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:03 am
migya wrote:Yea, the team would have the talent, the only thing is how Nelson uses it (likely fuking it up again) and the distributing, as the team still does not have a proper PG.

with amare, ellis, jackson and randolph....you dont really NEED a natural PG. If ellis can become a DECENT PG, then that should be enough.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:15 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:Yea, the team would have the talent, the only thing is how Nelson uses it (likely fuking it up again) and the distributing, as the team still does not have a proper PG.

with amare, ellis, jackson and randolph....you dont really NEED a natural PG. If ellis can become a DECENT PG, then that should be enough.

Yeah we would have thre guys on the floor at any one time who could handle the ball, and double as scorers. As long as we put the focus on ball movement (which is has been speculated that we will), then we could be nearly unstoppable with that offense.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:20 am
E-Man wrote:the reason it's delayed is cuz amare can't be traded until July 8th when the free agency period begins.

Amare could have been traded yesterday without any kind of problem. If it's delayed, its only because Biedrins will be a BYC player til July, due to his latest contract extension.

And I'm still praying that, somehow, someway, Curry is not part of the deal... I'd be ecstatic with a reworked deal that sends Monta, Biedrins and Beli or Wright (or both) for Amare and fillers.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 am
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:the reason it's delayed is cuz amare can't be traded until July 8th when the free agency period begins.

Amare could have been traded yesterday without any kind of problem. If it's delayed, its only because Biedrins will be a BYC player til July, due to his latest contract extension.

And I'm still praying that, somehow, someway, Curry is not part of the deal... I'd be ecstatic with a reworked deal that sends Monta, Biedrins and Beli or Wright (or both) for Amare and fillers.

The only place I have even seen anything about the trade....during ESPN draft coverage last night, there was no mention of picks being involved.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:26 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:

The only place I have even seen anything about the trade....during ESPN draft coverage last night, there was no mention of picks being involved.

I thought that too at first, but then pretty much every local blog and newspaper (in the top right corner) started posting thoughts that curry will be involved and that he doesn't fit here...

and yeah, someone above is right, Biedrins base year comp ends on July 1st. appearently we could still make it work according to something I read (he'd be worth 4.5Mill instead of 9mill though), but theres no point to doing that.

If it's just for amare, wouldn't it make sense to try to be under the cap? we went from four quality bigs to three assuming earl clark is not in the deal (who I really don't want). we are going to need to get AT LEAST one more decent big guy if not two. If I was the warriors top brass, I'd wait and see where the cap is set at, before I make any block buster trades.

If you could just get under it for trading azu instead of Beli, wouldn't you do it?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:34 pm
first off wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:

I thought that too at first, but then pretty much every local blog and newspaper (in the top right corner) started posting thoughts that curry will be involved and that he doesn't fit here...

and yeah, someone above is right, Biedrins base year comp ends on July 1st. appearently we could still make it work according to something I read (he'd be worth 4.5Mill instead of 9mill though), but theres no point to doing that.

If it's just for amare, wouldn't it make sense to try to be under the cap? we went from four quality bigs to three assuming earl clark is not in the deal (who I really don't want). we are going to need to get AT LEAST one more decent big guy if not two. If I was the warriors top brass, I'd wait and see where the cap is set at, before I make any block buster trades.

If you could just get under it for trading azu instead of Beli, wouldn't you do it?

No. Buike actually contributes to this team and has potential to be a solid starter or good 6th man for us with one of the best contracts in the league. IMO you can't say the same for Beli.
Next

Return to Trades