Carter To Magic For Alston!!!

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:39 pm
Errrr................what the f*ck?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/stor ... AHeadlines

The New Jersey Nets have agreed to a trade with the Magic that will send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, two league sources told ESPN.com.

The two sides are expected to a complete the trade by the end of the day.

The trade would give the Magic even more star power on their quest to win an NBA championship. The addition of Carter to a lineup that already consists of All-Star players Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson would make Orlando the favorite to win the Eastern Conference title next year if the franchise also finds a way to bring back Hedo Turkoglu, who will opt out of his contract this summer.

As for the Nets, the move is a cost-cutting measure. Both Alston and Battie are in the last year of their contracts, and trading for them would shave $16.5 million off New Jersey's roster in the summer of 2010 and put the Nets well below the salary cap.

Over the life of the contracts, the Nets would save $40 million by making the deal.

The deal, if completed, would also give the Nets a young, promising shooting guard in Lee.

With the 11th selection in the 2009 NBA draft, the Nets are likely to select Louisville's Terrance Williams, sources tell ESPN.com.

Are there going to be ANY trades that are actually about exchanging talent???

Seriously, I mean you just pretty much gift wrap the Magic a title if they can re-sign Turkoglu.

Whats the point? (yeah yeah, I know, save the Nets loads of money but there must be better trades out there that could do that and help them more in terms of talent)

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:43 pm
how deos this gift wrap them a title?

VC is out of his prime.

Jameer might not play the same as he did last season pre-injury
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:46 pm
saintdee wrote:how deos this gift wrap them a title?

VC is out of his prime.

Jameer might not play the same as he did last season pre-injury

I dont see Vince striking fear in the hearts of anybody. This is not the VC that was traded from the Raps to the Nets. Werent the Nets a title contending team and he was the piece to put them over the top?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Sorry Bigs, I beat you to it by a few hours. It's in the trades forum. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:16 pm
IF the Magic resigned Turkoglu as well and that's a BIG IF,they become the favourites with getting Carter. Would be a great move and finally Orlando could get that championship, maybe

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:18 pm
xbay wrote:Sorry Bigs, I beat you to it by a few hours. It's in the trades forum. :mrgreen:

Hence why I'm not repeating myself on this thread... :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:01 am
migya wrote:IF the Magic resigned Turkoglu as well and that's a BIG IF,they become the favourites with getting Carter. Would be a great move and finally Orlando could get that championship, maybe

see i disagree. I still say LA go in favourites
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:11 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:IF the Magic resigned Turkoglu as well and that's a BIG IF,they become the favourites with getting Carter. Would be a great move and finally Orlando could get that championship, maybe

see i disagree. I still say LA go in favourites

Lakers are the champs, but such an Orlando team will havemore weapons, definately. It is just if they can put it together

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:15 pm
Let's not forget, had certain things went Orlando's way in the end of a couple games, they would of been up 3-1 going into game 5 in Orlando.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:28 pm
SOrry XBAY, Bigs is gonna steal your thunder due to his ridiculous assumption that VC giftwraps orlando the title! hahaha , james , sorry man, he's a scorer, but really I don't see this deal being as big as a lot of people are making it out to be.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:33 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:SOrry XBAY, Bigs is gonna steal your thunder due to his ridiculous assumption that VC giftwraps orlando the title! hahaha , james , sorry man, he's a scorer, but really I don't see this deal being as big as a lot of people are making it out to be.

especially since the big contract of VC all but assures Hedo will not be coming back. maybe this trade helps somebody like Portland or Detroit more than it helps the Magic.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:54 pm
Well if that's the case i can't make fun of Bigs cuz he said it'd be giftwrapped IF they re signed him. (you cunning little bastard you) :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:34 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:SOrry XBAY, Bigs is gonna steal your thunder due to his ridiculous assumption that VC giftwraps orlando the title! hahaha , james , sorry man, he's a scorer, but really I don't see this deal being as big as a lot of people are making it out to be.

Let's not forget, I started the topic first, so I can lock this with my "magical mod powers." :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:55 am

Well, it's big only as long as Turkoglu signs back with Orlando. If not, they'll stay pretty much the same...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:37 am
RobDIKUM wrote:Well if that's the case i can't make fun of Bigs cuz he said it'd be giftwrapped IF they re signed him. (you cunning little bastard you) :mrgreen:

Exactly! so shut the hell up and learn to read properly! :mrgreen:

xbay wrote:

Let's not forget, I started the topic first, so I can lock this with my "magical mod powers." :mrgreen:

As far as the reason for me posting here, I was going with.............well I dont know, how weve always talked about other NBA teams!!!!!!!! =

NBA Forum
Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

I always understood and have seen that the NBA forum is for anything to do with other teams in the league.

Trades
Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

I took this to mean any proposed, rumoured, made up trades to do with our team!

But fine, if the mods want to move the goal posts and change the history of the board to suit their mistakes...........then thats fine by me. :mrgreen:

Apart from in the last week, find me a trade that didnt involve us in the Trade Forum...............then go and find all the ones that involved other NBA teams in the NBA forum. :wink:
Next

Return to NBA Forum