RIP MIKE JACK

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:53 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:41 pm
RIP TO THE GOAT
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:04 pm
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXRaylP_ng[/youtube]
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

All Star
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:29 pm
Man this news really fvcked up my mood today.

Sarah Fosset as well, both American Icon. Rip to both of you. Will be missed dearly.

I grew up on Michael Jackson so this hurts, more than I though it would.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:29 pm
Yeah, wow... right when I get on comcast... BAM. So sudden. Rest in Paradise Michael Jackson.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: San Jose, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:51 pm
Really sad. Jackson died without ever really clearing his name.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
that's Farrah Fawcett stepup... lol

also died this week

Ali Akbar Khan
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDYjKosL3iA&feature=related[/youtube]

and

Sky Saxon of The Seeds

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV8KvKYRxig[/youtube]

and Ed "you are correct sir" McMahon

RIP Michael... you had a effed up childhood and adulthood. I hope you find peace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:10 am
Not sure if some of you are ready for this yet (as you all seem quite upset at losing this kiddy fiddler)

But here are some jokes circulating around the offices of England =

1 - The coroner is having difficulty ascertaining the cause of death……..he doesn’t know whether to blame it on the sunshine, the moonlight, the goodtimes or the boogie!!!

2 - Michael Jacksons dying wish was to be melted down and made into lego bricks……..so children could still play with him.

Wait! I heard his wish was to be made into plastic cups………..so kids could still get their lips on his rim.

No! I heard his wish was to be made into plastic bags…………so he could still be a danger to children!
.
.
.
.
.
And the best one =

3 - Michael Jackson's ghost is apparantly already haunting the childrens ward of his local hospital...........its is said he still wanted to be able to put the willies up small children.

Sorry. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:58 am
Too soon for the Michael jokes then guys? :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:07 am
bigstrads wrote:Too soon for the Michael jokes then guys? :wink:


nah, it's just jokes. Although some people might be pretty sensitive about it.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:25 am
Yeah, it is well known that he was an alleged diddler. But to us older folks who grew up with him, that guy is almost like a different person. Post surgeries and skin bleaching Mike was very different from young ABC, Ben, Off the Wall, Thriller, Michael. A clear case of a lethal dose of extreme talent, sensitivity, childhood mega stardom, and an incredibly effed up abusive dysfunctional father. That doesn't excuse any sexual abuse, if it happened. But Mike had become just weird enough and vulnerable to think he could have a slumber party with kids and no one would care. He was so off the wall, I believe THAT to be just as possible as he was a molester...
He was batshit crazy for sure. But when you grew up with that little kid, watching him on tv, knew the songs etc... his story is just sad. wtf happened Michael? You could tell he was never was at peace... He had to wake up every morning look himself in the mirror and say, wtf did you do to yourself??!!

I have a few jokes already too, but I'm going to wait a few days for that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:37 am
Jackattack wrote:Yeah, it is well known that he was an alleged diddler. But to us older folks who grew up with him, that guy is almost like a different person. Post surgeries and skin bleaching Mike was very different from young ABC, Ben, Off the Wall, Thriller, Michael. A clear case of a lethal dose of extreme talent, sensitivity, childhood mega stardom, and an incredibly effed up abusive dysfunctional father. That doesn't excuse any sexual abuse, if it happened. But Mike had become just weird enough and vulnerable to think he could have a slumber party with kids and no one would care. He was so off the wall, I believe THAT to be just as possible as he was a molester...
He was batshit crazy for sure. But when you grew up with that little kid, watching him on tv, knew the songs etc... his story is just sad. wtf happened Michael? You could tell he was never was at peace... He had to wake up every morning look himself in the mirror and say, wtf did you do to yourself??!!

I have a few jokes already too, but I'm going to wait a few days for that...


I grew up with him as a real person too man.

And of course I understand and realise that he was destroyed beyond all reconcilliation by a soul destroying father and the pressures and expectations of being so famous and lauded so young.

However, I stopped feeling sorry for him a long time ago..............basically when he decided to settle out of court with the first abuse case, I mean, why when you have all the fame and power you could get and essentially go through any and all legal processes to clear your name................do you settle out of court and hang a big sign around your kneck that says "guilty"

That just never sat well with me, and since then its been all down hill.

Anyway, no doubting his talent and contribution to the music world..............just a very good human to grieve for.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:09 pm
Nah, you didn't offend me Bigs.

I mean to be honest, at first when I heard about the news, I was shocked, but I made jokes about it. But I really realized how many great songs he created that made me actually want to dance and sing and not care how bad I looked. His songs made me have a feel good time. So it's really a sad thing when I really think about it.

Rest in Paradise Michael Jackson.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:10 am
bigstrads wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Yeah, it is well known that he was an alleged diddler. But to us older folks who grew up with him, that guy is almost like a different person. Post surgeries and skin bleaching Mike was very different from young ABC, Ben, Off the Wall, Thriller, Michael. A clear case of a lethal dose of extreme talent, sensitivity, childhood mega stardom, and an incredibly effed up abusive dysfunctional father. That doesn't excuse any sexual abuse, if it happened. But Mike had become just weird enough and vulnerable to think he could have a slumber party with kids and no one would care. He was so off the wall, I believe THAT to be just as possible as he was a molester...
He was batshit crazy for sure. But when you grew up with that little kid, watching him on tv, knew the songs etc... his story is just sad. wtf happened Michael? You could tell he was never was at peace... He had to wake up every morning look himself in the mirror and say, wtf did you do to yourself??!!

I have a few jokes already too, but I'm going to wait a few days for that...


I grew up with him as a real person too man.

And of course I understand and realise that he was destroyed beyond all reconcilliation by a soul destroying father and the pressures and expectations of being so famous and lauded so young.

However, I stopped feeling sorry for him a long time ago..............basically when he decided to settle out of court with the first abuse case, I mean, why when you have all the fame and power you could get and essentially go through any and all legal processes to clear your name................do you settle out of court and hang a big sign around your kneck that says "guilty"

That just never sat well with me, and since then its been all down hill.

Anyway, no doubting his talent and contribution to the music world..............just a very good human to grieve for.


I hear ya Bigs. But show me the "concrete" evidence that he molested any kid and I'll jump on the bandwagon to crucify Michael. He was/is an easy target, and I'm not in favor of sending someone to jail based on conjecture. The thing is, I'm not even a huge fan of his. but I refuse to judge him based on the court of public opinion. Crazy as a loon, YES! molester? never been proven.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:29 am
Is it to soon for MJ jokes ?
if so save this one until the time is right.....

as MJ lie in bed knowing his time was short he gathered the last of his
streangth and muttered these last words...........................................

Take me to childrens hospitial
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:31 am
Jackattack wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Yeah, it is well known that he was an alleged diddler. But to us older folks who grew up with him, that guy is almost like a different person. Post surgeries and skin bleaching Mike was very different from young ABC, Ben, Off the Wall, Thriller, Michael. A clear case of a lethal dose of extreme talent, sensitivity, childhood mega stardom, and an incredibly effed up abusive dysfunctional father. That doesn't excuse any sexual abuse, if it happened. But Mike had become just weird enough and vulnerable to think he could have a slumber party with kids and no one would care. He was so off the wall, I believe THAT to be just as possible as he was a molester...
He was batshit crazy for sure. But when you grew up with that little kid, watching him on tv, knew the songs etc... his story is just sad. wtf happened Michael? You could tell he was never was at peace... He had to wake up every morning look himself in the mirror and say, wtf did you do to yourself??!!

I have a few jokes already too, but I'm going to wait a few days for that...


I grew up with him as a real person too man.

And of course I understand and realise that he was destroyed beyond all reconcilliation by a soul destroying father and the pressures and expectations of being so famous and lauded so young.

However, I stopped feeling sorry for him a long time ago..............basically when he decided to settle out of court with the first abuse case, I mean, why when you have all the fame and power you could get and essentially go through any and all legal processes to clear your name................do you settle out of court and hang a big sign around your kneck that says "guilty"

That just never sat well with me, and since then its been all down hill.

Anyway, no doubting his talent and contribution to the music world..............just a very good human to grieve for.


I hear ya Bigs. But show me the "concrete" evidence that he molested any kid and I'll jump on the bandwagon to crucify Michael. He was/is an easy target, and I'm not in favor of sending someone to jail based on conjecture. The thing is, I'm not even a huge fan of his. but I refuse to judge him based on the court of public opinion. Crazy as a loon, YES! molester? never been proven.


Well there we have my man...............its all about what your willing to add in your head and form an opinion and take a side on, or what you just want to blank out because it was never "officially" confirmed by any legal process.

At the end of the day, the guy was crazy as a bag of kittens..............he admitted too sleeping with children as young as 6 and believed there was nothing wrong with it.

Someone as deranged and f*cked up as that, in those situations (ie: in very close and personal proximity to scantly clad children, which in itself if nothing went on is wrong enough.......and once again, he has confirmed he did).............I just cant imagine that something DIDNT go on.

Anyway, as you say, he was never convicted............I mean its not like he was rich enough to pay one of them $150 million to shut up and make it go away................no, wait.

Also, lawyers are crap arent they? I mean they never get the guilty off do they? :wink:

Its an easy bandwagon to jump on yes..............but in many peoples minds, a sensical one.

JOEL wrote:Is it to soon for MJ jokes ?
if so save this one until the time is right.....

as MJ lie in bed knowing his time was short he gathered the last of his
streangth and muttered these last words...........................................

Take me to childrens hospitial


Not bad, Joel my man, check mine out a few posts above. :wink:

Also, how the hell are you bud? its been awhile since I noticed you around and we had any kind of convo.........you cool?

You here Im coming over in early November!? all booked and everything!
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron