in Law comes, out law goes... (trade idea)

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:56 pm
so I was listening to some show on ESPN today and they had the Grizz's GM on. It could have been total BS but he said they were still actually thinking of getting Rubio...

if that happens tomorrow, and they really do pick him up (and convince him to stay) maybe we could make a move at Mike Conley??? they would have to get rid of him for Rubio to stay.

Acie Law and Brandan Wright (assuming we pick up Hill tomorrow) plus maybe a second rounder next year for Conely? (it works financially)

Wright would go back to his home state (he's from Nashville), and we'd get one of the best young PG's out there.

lots of assumptions being thrown around here, but if everything were to work out perfectly, would you be down?

That would give us
Monta / Conley / CJ Watson (speedy buy-out)
Jak / Morrow / Beli
Azu / Maggs
Randy / Hill
Biedrins / Turiaf

pretty bad ass roster if you ask me
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:25 pm
I like Conley, but that's giving up too much for him, as I the Grizz will be the ones in a difficult, need to trade Conley, position, so for BWright alone should be enough and they could use his "potential" ability.

I just don't like Monta at PG. I know that's the direction the team will be heading this season, but I'd much rather have him at SG, SJack at SF and Azu as the sixth man, trade Maggette at all costs. Conley played well last season for stretches of time and could MAYBE be the answer at PG. He is still cheap and could be looked at for a year or two at no expensive cost.

I'm no GM, but I know I could do a better job than the mob running this franchise. Right now, in the situation the team is in, I'd first look to trade the three big contracts (SJack, Crawford [though he just has been] and Maggette), as I want to build the team around others and not SJack, though he has done his bit and then more since being here. Rondo is being shopped, I'd look to get him for a package with Maggette and I really think the Celts would think about it well. Include Law if need to an BWright, as he doesn't playmuch here anyway so no big loss. It would be discovered if Rondo has an attitude or not,but he plays well and both ends of the court, so one of the best PG in the nba right now. Then I'd look to trade for Amare (unlikely trade this one but something I'd try hard to do), sending SJack (replaces GHill who is on the verge of retiring very soon) and even Biedrins, as Amare would replace him and does more than him. Get a second player, expirer best, in return. Definately use sJack in a trade OR Monta, as he has not been a positive for the team lately and is likely coveted by many teams.

Point is to get a PG and try to get a star, already established and still pretty young big player. The team is talented, inexperienced but talented, and a copule of changes are needed to make a big difference

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:30 pm
the thing i dont like about "building around monta" is the fact that you need a particular type of guard to play next to him. you need one that can D up the likes of kobe, wade, or the opposing bigger guard. jackson can be that 2 guard, but this is assuming monta will succeed as the point guard. i agree that he is much better utilized as a 2, but if we can get a rondo-ray allen type deal for monta and maggs (or something of the like) then id do it in a second as it is much easier to find a scoring shooting guard than it is to find a natural point guard with that kind of talent.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:44 pm
E-Man wrote:the thing i dont like about "building around monta" is the fact that you need a particular type of guard to play next to him. you need one that can D up the likes of kobe, wade, or the opposing bigger guard. jackson can be that 2 guard, but this is assuming monta will succeed as the point guard. i agree that he is much better utilized as a 2, but if we can get a rondo-ray allen type deal for monta and maggs (or something of the like) then id do it in a second as it is much easier to find a scoring shooting guard than it is to find a natural point guard with that kind of talent.

That's true, but Monta still can be kept as a sG and even then he'd have to show he can do more than just score. Right now SJack is valuable because of his defense, as he does stick the opposing star guard. Monta has everything to prove right now and I reckon he'll want out instead and he'll get it, just hope the team gets enough back in return for him

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:07 am
First off, Monta is going to prove you doubters wrong this year! :)

secondly,
OK fair enough guys, but you know, Conley is starter material and a true point. If monta doesn't work out at PG then Conley can step in for him. Acie Law is just back up from what I could tell.

Plus, I don't think we can make any deal for Rondo and Ray w/o totally blowing this team apart (and Allen, as much as I like him, is getting old and is not one to build around). They wanted Stuckey, Prince AND Hamilton for R&R with the Detroit offer. they'd probably want Randolph Monta and Jack from us, in which case - no way jose.

If we had a legitimate all-star than I think it could be possible, but we don't. we just have a crap ton of potential. so that means they'd want our entire team
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:39 am
E-Man wrote:the thing i dont like about "building around monta" is

... the fact that Monta is a role player. One whose role is scoring, but a role player nonetheless. I don't get why people don't get the "role player" concept as easiliy when that role is scoring.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:52 pm
first off wrote:First off, Monta is going to prove you doubters wrong this year! :)

secondly,
OK fair enough guys, but you know, Conley is starter material and a true point. If monta doesn't work out at PG then Conley can step in for him. Acie Law is just back up from what I could tell.

Plus, I don't think we can make any deal for Rondo and Ray w/o totally blowing this team apart (and Allen, as much as I like him, is getting old and is not one to build around). They wanted Stuckey, Prince AND Hamilton for R&R with the Detroit offer. they'd probably want Randolph Monta and Jack from us, in which case - no way jose.

If we had a legitimate all-star than I think it could be possible, but we don't. we just have a crap ton of potential. so that means they'd want our entire team

first, i hope monta does prove me wrong this year...

and yes, conley is capable of starting..i totally agree...but if monta doesnt work out as a point guard and we move conley in as a starter, then i would want to trade monta for a 2 guard that can score and defend the opposing shooting guard. if not that, then we have to trade conley for a point guard that can make plays and defend the 2. which is why i think it is so difficult building around monta.

yeah boston wanted rip, prince, and stuckey...but 1) it took all three to make the salaries work. and 2) they didnt get it. they were asking for too much from detroit so they need to lower their expectations a little. so obviously monta, jackson, and randolph would be out of the question.

and i agree that ray allen is not one to build around...but that's exactly why we would only be getting him for his contract (which ends after this upcoming season). 18 million coming off the books to extend rondo and still have money going into 2010 would be ridiculous. just off the top of my head, from what i hear of players that are available or involved in trade talks, a Monta/Maggs/7th pick package would be the best the celtics can get for rondo and allen. like i said before tho...it probably wouldnt happen.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:41 pm
E-Man wrote:
first off wrote:First off, Monta is going to prove you doubters wrong this year! :)

secondly,

first, i hope monta does prove me wrong this year...

and yes, conley is capable of starting..i totally agree...but if monta doesnt work out as a point guard and we move conley in as a starter, then i would want to trade monta for a 2 guard that can score and defend the opposing shooting guard. if not that, then we have to trade conley for a point guard that can make plays and defend the 2. which is why i think it is so difficult building around monta.

yeah boston wanted rip, prince, and stuckey...but 1) it took all three to make the salaries work. and 2) they didnt get it. they were asking for too much from detroit so they need to lower their expectations a little. so obviously monta, jackson, and randolph would be out of the question.

and i agree that ray allen is not one to build around...but that's exactly why we would only be getting him for his contract (which ends after this upcoming season). 18 million coming off the books to extend rondo and still have money going into 2010 would be ridiculous. just off the top of my head, from what i hear of players that are available or involved in trade talks, a Monta/Maggs/7th pick package would be the best the celtics can get for rondo and allen. like i said before tho...it probably wouldnt happen.

well forget that idea.... good points though E. Didn't realize Allen was in hi s last year
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

Return to Trades