Camby for Maggette

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:38 pm
straight up. works in the trade machine.

this actually works well for both teams. the clips get maggette back, who they've seemed to be chasing since he left. they've offered to swap baron back straight up for him and the dubs nixed it.

camby is a much better option, fills a need and can play alongside biedrins,turiaf, and AR. instantly adds rebounding and defense. and the clips are shopping him with randolph, kaman, and the boy wonder expected to get all the minutes.

and the dubs shed maggette's salary.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:41 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:straight up. works in the trade machine.

this actually works well for both teams. the clips get maggette back, who they've seemed to be chasing since he left. they've offered to swap baron back straight up for him and the dubs nixed it.

camby is a much better option, fills a need and can play alongside biedrins,turiaf, and AR. instantly adds rebounding and defense. and the clips are shopping him with randolph, kaman, and the boy wonder expected to get all the minutes.

and the dubs shed maggette's salary.


If Camby will not bitch about coming off the bench then this could work. How long is his deal? If he is an expirer.....where do we sign up?

Rookie
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 pm
he's got 2 years left.

i think at this stage in his career, even if he backed up AR, he would no doubt get serious nelly minutes, since he can shoot, defend, and rebound, and he's a vet. he would also be a great mentor to AR, since they are similar in size and both play an uptempo game.

a frontcourt of biedrins, turiaf, camby and a 20lbs heavier (and an inch taller) randolph, that would be good.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:53 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:he's got 2 years left.

i think at this stage in his career, even if he backed up AR, he would no doubt get serious nelly minutes, since he can shoot, defend, and rebound, and he's a vet. he would also be a great mentor to AR, since they are similar in size and both play an uptempo game.

a frontcourt of biedrins, turiaf, camby and a 20lbs heavier (and an inch taller) randolph, that would be good.


That would be one hell of a shotblocking 2nd fronctourt unit with Turiaf and Camby. This deal would pretty much force a move of Wright, who Im not in favor of trading....but would accept if it helps the team.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:06 pm
with the clippers getting blake griffin, they might do this deal...but i see them trying to give up zach randolph more than camby. they would want griffin to be more of the scoring threat from the 4 position with a complementary defensive player next to him (whether it be kaman or camby).
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:09 pm
E-Man wrote:with the clippers getting blake griffin, they might do this deal...but i see them trying to give up zach randolph more than camby. they would want griffin to be more of the scoring threat from the 4 position with a complementary defensive player next to him (whether it be kaman or camby).


I think they are going to need Randolphs scoring when Blake bumps his head and misses 3 weeks like he did last season for Oklahoma.

Rookie
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:13 pm
oh, i have no doubt they would prefer to move randolph over camby. it would just come at too heavy a price.

Stein talks about it here:

"Why is Marcus Camby said to be available in Clipperland so soon after being frequently described as off-limits leading up to this past season's February trade deadline? Because the Clips have discovered this month that they can't move Zach Randolph or Chris Kaman unless they're also willing to move down from No. 1 in Thursday's draft order. Which they obviously have zero interest in considering."
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:19 pm
This trade would be a very good one, just for the fact of sheding Maggette's long expensive contract. Camby is nearing retirement and right now he would make a great teacher, especially by example, for all the frontline bigs on the team. Two years at least with Camby would do wonders for the development of those bigs I think
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron